Old 12-06-2011, 06:45 PM   #16
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default Re: Salaries for TUF14 finale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Or you could take the word of some British MMA fans who dont live over 10000 miles away from the country you are talking about with such authority
Yeah, I realize that he's just making a flippant comment which does have some truth in it. Still, he is talking semantics.

I know that Reid was on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, and obviously he has an audience of general public non-MMA fans, particularly millions of women who read about Katie Price.

He's a bigger celebrity in Britain. Yes. Absolutely. I don't question that.

A bigger MMA star? It's Bisping. Reid has done nothing of note in the cage and his fame comes directly from his association with probably the biggest tabloid glamour slut of our time. Take away Katie Price and Alex Reid is anonymous. Basically he's not an MMA star at all, he's a celebrity simpleton boyfriend. His entire resume in the public consciousness is getting ****ed over by a terrible fame-whore.

In short, to earn money and keep his name out there, Reid is doing reality TV shows and giving pathetic interviews about how he still loves his harpy of an ex-wife.

To earn money and keep his name out there, Bisping is hosting TUF and positioning himself for a UFC title shot within the year.

Only one of those guys is the flagbearer for British MMA. And it's the one whose reality TV show is about MMA.

Last edited by Haggis McJackass; 12-06-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #17
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

You forgot shouting 'Whoooo' on TUF
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #18
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
You forgot shouting 'Whoooo' on TUF
He does a lot of awesome dumb stuff on TUF.

He's such an aggressive dickish bully, but he's very entertaining to watch. I love how he's smart and witty enough that often he can clown dumb guys just with his mouth and his confidence, but he also runs his mouth too much and regularly says things with leave him well open to getting owned himself. At which point he stands there looking confused, sort of amused and kind of pissed. You can see he's thinking "****!" and that's usually when the pointing finger comes out.

It was cool how he fell in love with Diego as well. When he was sitting on the couch next to Diego, wearing the same sunglasses and doing the impression of him, that was gold. You could see that Diego was not at all used to people taking the piss out of him right in front of his face.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 12-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #19
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

damn bisping is the man he got the pay he deserved.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum