Old 07-26-2007, 09:35 AM   #31
Fat Tony
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Larsen needs a knockout

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfan99
Maybe you should think about replacing the "i" with "ich".
You aren't familar with the glorious Bavarian dialect, are you?
Bavarian "I" = German "Ich".
Fat Tony is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2007, 10:15 AM   #32
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony
You aren't familar with the glorious Bavarian dialect, are you?
Bavarian "I" = German "Ich".
But it's pronounced "i" not "ai", right?
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #33
Fat Tony
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
But it's pronounced "i" not "ai", right?
You're right, geek.
Like the "e" of the English alphabet.
Fat Tony is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2007, 10:21 AM   #34
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony
You're right, geek.
Like the "e" of the English alphabet.
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 07-29-2007, 06:47 AM   #35
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens S
What does his passport say? There is your answer to his nationality.

Jens
Dont be silly,jens!

A passport is just a piece of paper.Admittingly,a very important piece of paper,but it for sure doesnt change your nationality.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 04:13 PM   #36
Jens S
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

...oh, I forgot. To you people can't change nationality. But in the west people are seen as individuals and not something a state own. The american-italians are american. Not italian. The irish-american are american. But not in the eyes of people in Eastern Europe? We have had this discussion befiore, and I won't go down path further as it is futile. Most people from Eastern Europe simply can't see the difference between origin and nationality.

Jens
Jens S is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #37
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Most people from Eastern Europe simply can't see the difference between origin and nationality.

Jens
It's not that...but what you call "nationality", Eastern Europeans call "ethnicity". This is why I am surprised whenever I see in my passport under Nationality: British Citizen...because to me "nationality" and "citizenship" are not the same thing, as an Eastern European...
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 07-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #38
Half-Dane
L.E.S.B.I.A.N Chairman
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Hey, wenn ihr schon den Draht kapert, will ich auch dabei sein. Bin zwar däne aber mein deutsch ist nicht schlecht.

Anyway... I think Larsen is doing the right think building up relatively fast, but he is doing it to late. He should have quit Team Palle at least 5 yrs ago and shifted to a german or american promoter, he simply hadn't the disciplin or patient to build-up his carrer in his younger days and now I fear he is to old to become really great but good luck and I hope he surprises me.
Half-Dane is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 06:34 AM   #39
ChuckYoungblood
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Dane
Anyway... I think Larsen is doing the right think building up relatively fast, but he is doing it to late. He should have quit Team Palle at least 5 yrs ago and shifted to a german or american promoter, he simply hadn't the disciplin or patient to build-up his carrer in his younger days and now I fear he is to old to become really great but good luck and I hope he surprises me.
I agree. It looks like they are doing the right thing with Larsen - getting rid of the ring rust as quickly as possible. But IMO he looked very slow against Velasquez, both hands and feet. He will never get back to his former state.

I don't know Nader Hamdan, but the fight has the look of a boring UD for Mads Larsen.
ChuckYoungblood is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 01:36 PM   #40
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
...oh, I forgot. To you people can't change nationality. But in the west people are seen as individuals and not something a state own. The american-italians are american. Not italian. The irish-american are american. But not in the eyes of people in Eastern Europe? We have had this discussion befiore, and I won't go down path further as it is futile. Most people from Eastern Europe simply can't see the difference between origin and nationality.

Jens
Haha! Stupid russian speaking people! Cant understand the great Danes,can they!
A few years ago two Brasilian football player received a russian passport so that they could play for the russian football team.
Of course they are still Brasilians.Only someone from a madhouse would call them "Russians".
Odo is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 02:22 PM   #41
Jens S
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Communist thinking dies slowly But it is an old and futile discussion.

Hamdan is a good opponent, but he won't give Larsen real problems. I had hoped for a fight with Sanavia for the EBU-title, but Hamdan is a good "de-rusting" fight. But it also means that Larsen won't fight for a major title this year. The world titles is taken by Kessler/Calzaghe and Berrio/Häussler+Bute. Of course Mundine could be a solution, but I doubt it. The EBU-title will be Sanavia-Froch in the autumn. There was room for a voluntary defense in august-september, but that is gone now.

Jens
Jens S is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 02:27 PM   #42
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Communist thinking dies slowly But it is an old and futile discussion.
Funnily enough, it's not "communist thinking" at all! In fact, the opposite is true!...Communists were trying to blurr ethnic distinctions between the citizens of one country as much as possible. To them, being a Communist/ Non-Communist came first and foremost; your nationality/ethnicity came third, at best; it came after your class...
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 02:52 PM   #43
Jens S
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Geee, so why did they do so much ethnic clenching? Stalin did it, just ask the jews or ukrainians. It didn't matter if they were communists. Pol Pot killed most anybody with a non-cambodian ethnicity. The idea was to create countries where people were the same and belonged to the state. If you came from a communist country, you were not an individual that could choose nationality. Because you were in reality owned by the state.

Communist thinking is that the individual doesn't count, and they are in reality the property of the state.

Western/liberal thinking is that you are an individual and you can make choices in your life. If you go to another country and get citizensship, you are then citizen there and not in your old country. People that are comming to Denmark and getting citizenship here are danes. Danes that go to other countries and citizenship there are no longer danes. That includes also sport stars.

Jens
Jens S is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 03:13 PM   #44
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Geee, so why did they do so much ethnic clenching? Stalin did it, just ask the jews or ukrainians. It didn't matter if they were communists. Pol Pot killed most anybody with a non-cambodian ethnicity. The idea was to create countries where people were the same and belonged to the state. If you came from a communist country, you were not an individual that could choose nationality. Because you were in reality owned by the state.

Communist thinking is that the individual doesn't count, and they are in reality the property of the state.

Western/liberal thinking is that you are an individual and you can make choices in your life. If you go to another country and get citizensship, you are then citizen there and not in your old country. People that are comming to Denmark and getting citizenship here are danes. Danes that go to other countries and citizenship there are no longer danes. That includes also sport stars.

Jens
Exactly! Communists did it because ethnicity was very important to people, whilst to Communists it wasn't - it was an impediment in their way!

So....if a Dane comes to Britain and gets British citizenship she is no longer a Dane? She is simply a Brit who used to be a Dane? So, she goes out to the pub and people, noticing her accent ask: "Where are you from, love?" And she says: "I was born in Denmark, but now I live here." "So you're Danish!", the guy says. "No! I used to be Danish, but now I'm British!" - is that how it would go?
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 07-31-2007, 06:53 PM   #45
Jens S
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Yes, she is! Take Thomas Christiansen (bundesliga topscorer). Original dane, but was never referred to as danes in Denmark after he switched citizenship to Spain. The press mentioned him as originally from Denmark, but called him spanish. If a mexican gets danish citizenship, he is a dane. People are free and have a choice. If a nation grants citizenship to a person, that person is then from that nation. The person has a different origin, ethnicity or what you would call it.

Jens
Jens S is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum