Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who will win the rematch ?
Khan by UD 243 48.12%
Peterson by KO 77 15.25%
Peterson by UD 95 18.81%
Khan by KO 68 13.47%
Hatman by 'interference' 22 4.36%
Voters: 505. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #91
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir Khan vs. Lamont Peterson [Post fight stuff]

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfight View Post
Why does Khan still have the belts in his possession (according to his Twitter feed)?:

AmirKingKhan Amir Khan
Landed in uk safe and sound, still got the belts, the organisation let u keep them, rematch talks are happening. Thankyou for ur support
12 hours ago

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Lol we still bringing the belts back to England!

ring has lamont on 2nd position and khan on 3rd but underneath his name it says Khan super WBA and IBF champ? Read my previous posts esp by Saj.

But all jokes apart i think lamont will get his belts made for him like brand new.
Prince. is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2011, 04:56 PM   #92
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Default Re: Amir Khan vs. Lamont Peterson Was it a boxing match or a bullfight???

Prince. is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2011, 05:00 PM   #93
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Default Re: Amir Khan vs. Lamont Peterson Was it a boxing match or a bullfight???

For those of you who have expressed concern and worry about Muhammad over the last couple days, it is much appreciated by the Muhammad Ali Center. The following statement, released on Friday, will hopefully provide you relief. "While Muhammad Ali was treated for dehydration on November 19, he is currently at home, well, happy and carrying on with his daily routine. Early reports were blown out of proportion."
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 02:41 AM   #94
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Amir Khan vs. Lamont Peterson [Post fight stuff]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
The main reason being you don't know how to score a fight
Well whatever the reason is i'm obviously doing something wrong. I thought Khan was messy and his timing is completely off but I just couldnt give Peterson many rounds. Khan would pepper him and dance around for 2 minutes then Peterson would have a minute of dominance in about 4 of the rounds. It makes a big difference watching the fight with no sound on where you cant hear the crowds excitement for Peterson. Even the round where Khan had the first point taken off I thought was 9-9. Peterson had about 30 seconds in that round where he pressured and hit Khan but the rest of it was Khans. Most judges scored it 10-8 Peterson, which is ridiculous!

Anyway **** it! Khans timing was exposed in this fight and its definitely something he needs to work on!
s23041983 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 07:17 AM   #95
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Do you agree with the referee taking two points from Khan?

Hatton: Maybe yes and maybe no. As much as Amir is a real good friend of mine, I have to say that the best man won. You have to admire Amir Khan for traveling to the United States to fight in Peterson's backyard but it backfired.

But Amir will come back, he's come back before. He came back after Breidis Prescott. He doesn't have a lot of miles on him.

Interviewer: There has been a lot of negative press in the UK, criticizing Amir's decision to fight Peterson in his hometown without the comfort of a neutral referee or neutral judges.

Hatton: That's the team's decision. It's hard enough coming over to America and fighting Peterson. But to do it in his backyard. I admire Amir for doing it because I would fight anyone and I didn't care where it was. Boxers do that, it's up to the team to make those decisions [on where the fight takes place]. Sometimes you have to take the fighter's arm. A fighter will fight anywhere. When I was a fighter, I wanted to fight Kostya Tszyu three years before I fought him, but if I would have fought him three years before I fought him he would have killed me.

Maloney: What I don't understand in that situation, because I used to come here with [Lennox] Lewis, and we always insisted on netural judges.

Hatton: I don't blame the referee. He came to America, to his backyard. The officials are from his backyard. The referee is from his backyard. That's not Amir's fault, it's the team's fault.

Maloney: They should have gone to purse bids. Khan doesn't have one boxing person on his team. That's the problem. You need at least one experienced boxing person on your team. I had a great teacher. I had Dan Duva.

Hatton: You can't learn this game in five minutes. It takes years to learn it. When I became a promoter and I fought in Manchester stadium, I worked with Frank because I knew that I needed a little bit of help. You need to walk before you can run. I just think bad decisions all the way - from the officials, to the venue.

Interviewer: Do you believe there was too much focus on Amir fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr. in May?

Hatton: That should be more incentive to beat the fighter in front of you. I don't see anything wrong with it. I always used that [a bigger name] as my incentive. I just think it wasn't his night. But to fight him in Washington, in his backyard, I don't think it was the best move to be honest with you.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 07:20 AM   #96
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

@Seckbach: how can pple say @AmirKingKhan got his ass whooped. LP won by 2 scores @ 113-112 Without the deductions Khan wins Unan Dcision
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 07:22 AM   #97
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

StellaInger Stella Inger
Ref Joe Cooper should be ashamed of himself. Peterson put on a good fight, but Khan won this one.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 07:25 AM   #98
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Most people upset about Khan losing don't like to count body shots!
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 07:30 AM   #99
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0n4vwjWThE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV09SQ-09KQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4bwXr92E4o&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czU7iJoKbqE&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xt4iiD-ZOs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

New vids added.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #100
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post
Most people upset about Khan losing don't like to count body shots!
I dunno why people are upset... Khan certainly isn't he's going on holiday to dubai and ****stan lol. Plus this is great news for Lamont... can't wait to see him face Timid Timmy.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 07:35 AM   #101
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Prince. is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 07:37 AM   #102
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

Prince. is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #103
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

December 14th 2011

Amir Khan's camp have been warned that they will have to come up with a decent offer to secure a rematch with Lamont Peterson.

Peterson claimed a controversial points win over Khan on Saturday, after which the Brit cried foul. Peterson said in the immediate aftermath of the fight that he would be prepared to hand Khan a shot at regaining the WBA and IBF light-welterweight titles.

However, the original contract did not contain a rematch clause and Peterson's people have insisted their man has other irons in the fire.

"A rematch has to make business sense," Peterson's manager Barry Hunter said. "Don't forget WBO champion Timothy Bradley is out there, too. The good thing is we do have options."

An offer is on the table, as Khan's American promoter Richard Schaefer said: "I made them an offer. Barry said he would be discussing it with Lamont and get back to me."

Talk has suggested a date of May 19 at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles has been pencilled in if an agreement can be found.
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 08:17 AM   #104
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ9zQn9Wb5w&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #105
h13vyy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince. View Post
LOOL 3:56 - "Khan kept looking for Cortez, but Cortez... just wasn't there"
h13vyy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum