[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 03:51 AM   #18
crash
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mundine haters are pathetic

i can only speak for myself,but i was one of anthonys biggest backers when he 1st came onto the scene,even defending hiss loss to to otkke,but his mouth,and weak opposition has turned me off him as a fan,i still admire his skills,n talent,but hell never win me over like green,or katsididis has.
crash is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2007, 11:28 PM   #19
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Right
When Mundine was still proving himself, learning and not having yet beat any top 10 fighters people would always say he could not fight. Mundine's boxing ability was critisised.

Of course people forgot that all fighting are brought up the same as Mundine.

Mundine took on a tough early challenge in Ottke after only 18 months boxing. He was doing well but got KOed. Mundine could have retired and gone back to league, but he rised of the canvas like a true warrior and fought on, all the way to win 2 titles. What a champion.

But now that Mundine has proven himself as a fighter (and he has, people now say "yeah Mundine can fight, but he is still a blah blah") people will pick his personality.

I think that people should focus on themselves rather than worry about others. If they do not like Mundine then why bother wasting energy on him. Focus that energy towards your own endeavors and improve yourself, just like Mundine has.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2008, 05:01 AM   #20
Dantes
ESB Magnate
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Right
When Mundine was still proving himself, learning and not having yet beat any top 10 fighters people would always say he could not fight. Mundine's boxing ability was critisised.

Of course people forgot that all fighting are brought up the same as Mundine.

Mundine took on a tough early challenge in Ottke after only 18 months boxing. He was doing well but got KOed. Mundine could have retired and gone back to league, but he rised of the canvas like a true warrior and fought on, all the way to win 2 titles. What a champion.

But now that Mundine has proven himself as a fighter (and he has, people now say "yeah Mundine can fight, but he is still a blah blah") people will pick his personality.

I think that people should focus on themselves rather than worry about others. If they do not like Mundine then why bother wasting energy on him. Focus that energy towards your own endeavors and improve yourself, just like Mundine has.
I feel the same way Lead Right. However, the sensationalist statements Mundine continually makes in the media (9/11, Cathy Freeeman etc.) make him sound like a cunt. And that's why people dislike him in large numbers.

It's the same for pretty much anyone in the public eye (celebrity's etc.). Everyone feels they are entitled to judge him and have an opinion on him- in saying that he has made a good career as coming off as the 'bad guy' in a lot of cases, positively affecting his PPV sales.
Dantes is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2008, 06:14 PM   #21
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by deo volente
I feel the same way Lead Right. However, the sensationalist statements Mundine continually makes in the media (9/11, Cathy Freeeman etc.) make him sound like a cunt. And that's why people dislike him in large numbers.

It's the same for pretty much anyone in the public eye (celebrity's etc.). Everyone feels they are entitled to judge him and have an opinion on him- in saying that he has made a good career as coming off as the 'bad guy' in a lot of cases, positively affecting his PPV sales.
I think Mundine has worked out that he can make more money from people that want to see him get KO'ed.

I remember when he fought that Kiwi Tumero in his 3rd or 4th fight and about 500 people stormed out of the sports bar in Brisbane when Mundine sent that guy to sleep before he hit the floor....great Ko by the way!

The people cleared out quicker that if a fire alarm was sounding.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2008, 07:18 PM   #22
Faetter_BR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley
Yes has a big mouth...but coward is the wrong word
yeah - "fake" is better ... defending a "world title" against Nievas, Clavero and Hamdan... "I want to fight the best..." my ass.

Anthony "the fake" Mundine
Faetter_BR is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2008, 07:54 PM   #23
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetter_BR
yeah - "fake" is better ... defending a "world title" against Nievas, Clavero and Hamdan... "I want to fight the best..." my ass.

Anthony "the fake" Mundine
It will be interesting to see Allen Green fight this weekend as Mundine may look at fighting a US fighter..however hes not in the same boxing org.

I would like to see Mundine fight Inkin....Denis has a good record but mostly against average fighters with only Veit as a big scalp.

Do you think Mundine can beat Inkin?
ashley is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2008, 08:21 PM   #24
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

I think mundine can easily beat inkin. Whether the fight will ever happen is a lot less likely.

I think it is widely agreed that Kessler and Calzaghe are the 2 fighters in SMW above Mundine at the moment and could beat him, though he needs to get his ass out of Argentina and fight some real opponents if wants to stay at number 3.
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #25
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley
It will be interesting to see Allen Green fight this weekend as Mundine may look at fighting a US fighter..however hes not in the same boxing org.

I would like to see Mundine fight Inkin....Denis has a good record but mostly against average fighters with only Veit as a big scalp.

Do you think Mundine can beat Inkin?
Mundine doesn't fight American boxers unless he has to for a vacant title
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #26
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mundine only wants to fight the top 2 guys Calzaghe and Kessler...... These will be a big money fights and no shame if he's beaten. if he wins then it's worth it's weight in gold

Mundine is not interested in fighting the nxt tier of fighters from 4-10 as they are dangerous and nobody (in australia) knows these fighters. A loss to these guys will tarnish his reputation.

He will either continue to fight bums or Aussies like Soliman/Hamdan/Waters/Thornberry who have some type of following in Oz.
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2008, 10:49 PM   #27
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beaver
Mundine only wants to fight the top 2 guys Calzaghe and Kessler...... These will be a big money fights and no shame if he's beaten. if he wins then it's worth it's weight in gold

Mundine is not interested in fighting the nxt tier of fighters from 4-10 as they are dangerous and nobody (in australia) knows these fighters. A loss to these guys will tarnish his reputation.

He will either continue to fight bums or Aussies like Soliman/Hamdan/Waters/Thornberry who have some type of following in Oz.
After Hamden he is out of good aussie fighters as a fight with SAM wont happen again and Green is at LHW.

I dont think he will fight Joe or Kess this year so he will need to fight against a WBA real top 15.

I am hoping it will be Inkin.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2008, 11:28 PM   #28
stuistylee
j.c.chavez superstar
ESB Senior Member

Location: "always take the arrows in the forhead, never in the back"
vCash: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
where'd that come from was it funny...looks the begininng of one of those cupcake gurls...
stuistylee is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2008, 02:19 AM   #29
Faetter_BR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Inkin has other plans - but if it was to happen I'd have Mundine a slight favourite. 60/40 in my eyes.

Mundine can get a fight with Kessler any time he wants - he just have to give Team Palle a call - although Kessler might not be a "cheap" this time around.
Faetter_BR is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2008, 02:29 AM   #30
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetter_BR
Inkin has other plans - but if it was to happen I'd have Mundine a slight favourite. 60/40 in my eyes.

Mundine can get a fight with Kessler any time he wants - he just have to give Team Palle a call - although Kessler might not be a "cheap" this time around.
Kessler's gotta earn his shot again.

A bit of a depressing fall from grace isn't it? Going from the sky heights of HBO fight time to trying to score a part in the Mundine circus.
pecks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum