boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-22-2007, 04:06 PM   #31
Cerberus
Kérberos, Hound of Hades
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ESPN Reports: Floyd mulling move to MMA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltorrente
If he wants to go to another fighting sport, then more power to him.

With serious training, I don't see why he couldn't be pretty good at it. He IS a great athelete, afterall.

Heck, Chuck Lidell was known for his striking ability and he always tried to stay standing up. He's a great sprawler and stays on his feet and always tries to just stand up and strike. He is a HORRIBLE striker, yet rose to the championship fighting with this method. Why is it impossible to think that someone who is a MUCH better athelete with much quicker reflexes couldn't also learn to sprawl and avoid take-downs?
Because Chuck Liddell is a big dude who is tough to take down, whereas Floyd would probably get tossed around like a ragdoll...

Look at Floyd's body type. Compare that to the body type of UFC welterweights like Matt Hughes or even their lightweights like Sean Sherk. PBF just doesnt have the physique of a ground fighter.. Floyd would be overpowered and manhandled.

I'd like Mayweather to win in a fight standing up, but's face it... any MMA guy who fights him would immediately go for the takedown. Try to slap an armbar on him, choke him out, or pound him into submission with elbows.. Floyd has trained his whole life to be the p4p best boxer and these MMA dudes have trained their whole life in their wrestling/jiu-jitsu/Muay-thai techniques. To assume Floyd would automatically just learn wrestling and takedown-defense with a few weeks of training is just asinine.

Floyd has too much to lose by making this *****y move. WILL NEVER HAPPEN. GUARANTEED
Cerberus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #32
CUFreeze
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Smoky is right on.

Floyd will NEVER agree to this. Imagine seeing floyd being pinned to the ground and brutally beaten with elbows....wow!
CUFreeze is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 04:12 PM   #33
eltorrente
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMcNasty
Floyd has trained his whole life to be the p4p best boxer and these MMA dudes have trained their whole life in their wrestling/jiu-jitsu/Muay-thai techniques. To assume Floyd would automatically just learn wrestling and takedown-defense with a few weeks of training is just asinine.

The MMA dudes haven't trained their whole lives in jiu-jitsu and martial arts. You act like Sherk spent his childhood living at a dojo in Thailand or something. I don't know about Sherk, but face it most guys maybe took wrestling in high school or something like that, then decided to train in MMA. Some are Olympic wrestlers, and some world class jui-jitsu guys, but most got their skills from training hard in an MMA gym.

I also didn't say he only needed "a few weeks" of training. I clearly said "with serious training".
eltorrente is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 04:15 PM   #34
CUFreeze
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Eltorrente- You are right...but those guys DID train extensively in wrestling. That is something that floyd has never done.

Don't kid yourself, if floyd got in there with anyone worth a damn in MMA he would be either brutally beaten, have his arm broken, or get the purple face.
CUFreeze is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 04:16 PM   #35
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_RapPBF
Hey everyone! The dumbass who doesnt know **** about boxing his back!

Are you saying he made a mockery out of boxing? By making it its most profitable year in history?

6 belts. 5 weight classes . Something like 12 wins against former or current world champions. Wait what was that? Oh yeah Nuff Said.

See now you just proved to everyone you dont know **** about Floyd Mayweather or boxing. BEcause if you did you'd know Floyd has an excellent inside game, as displayed against Hatton.

We know you hate him, thats what haters do, but just realize he will never lose little boy. So keep crying like that ***** Hatton.

Listen my young ***** the dark side will burn you every time!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

As for what I know? I fought amateur, wrestled, played football, have several friends with over 80 amateur fights, been around and trained around PRO Champions, as well as various trainers, gyms, and fighters. I have a history around sites an a very high prediction percentage.
It all adds up to enough to KNOW that you dont know a whole hell of a lot

Yes, Floyd MOCKS the history of Champions!! How many times do I have o school you on the STANDARDS AND DIVISIONS? By todays version SRR could have been 7 weight champion with a possible 42 belts.

No ONE PROVED THMSELVES MORE Cant hear it from me? How about Muhammed ALI?

More on SRR:

How about SRL who went 14-1 with 10 Ko's from 79-81 including Benitez, Duran twice, and Hearns?

Dont worry floyd, Daddy beat you, but Suga beat Daddy

[IMG]http://www.vividblurry.com/STFU-*****_do_you.jpg[/IMG]

As for Floyd and MMA its a knife in the back of the sport that made him and he's supposed to be a great future Boxing promoter?

As for profit? DLH and Hatton had more fans, Floyd's THE CHAMPION, that's why he sells. 80% or better cant stand Floyd and boxings been here before and will be here after floyd is gone!!
C Money is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 05:17 PM   #36
1lehudson
Champion
East Side Guru

I havent post here in a long time, but I have kinda keep up with the site abit.

Floyd isnt going to fight in any MMA fights, My guess is that he and Cuban have gone into business together on this thing, and what better way to get your upstart some press??? By saying that the biggest name in boxing is going to join up...Look for floyd to be heading up this cuban lead mma venture. But not by fighting.
1lehudson is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 05:44 PM   #37
Stezzie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodismyPuta
This is clearly nothing more than a publicy stunt by this ****** ass mofo. He is afraid of getting hit with boxing gloves. How is he going to win a fight in the MMA by running around the octagon??? Fok NO!!!!
C'mon now just three weeks ago he was in the 24/7 series complaining about his injured hand and shoulder and now this GTFO!!!

What he really needs to do is sign the contract to fight Cotto and stop bull****ting!!!!

Thinking that because he made $50 mill in two fights he is going to be rich for the rest of his life. He is out of his fokin mind!!!! Wait until the IRS comes knocking on his doors asking for back taxes. I will like to see what his manager is going to do then....
Who said he is not paying his taxes?
Stezzie is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 05:44 PM   #38
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mayweather is too small to compete at any MMA weight except featherweight, and few people care about featherweights in MMA.

Floyd's boxing style isn't the best suited style for MMA, and there can be almost no doubt about that. Floyd is obviously a very talented athlete, but I can't see him competing at a world class level in MMA. Boxing is too small of a factor. As a 30 year old, it is too late to start the sort of grappling training necessary to compete at an elite level.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 05:52 PM   #39
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evisceration
Sherk has been proven to be on steroids like the rest of those flagrantly **** ***ual unskilled redneck cheaters so don't base his tainted wins or 'strength' on any sort of training apart from daily roid injection into the buttocks.
That's dumb and you know it. Sherk is a disgrace because he took roids, this much is true. But so did James Toney and Tommy Morrison and a bunch of boxers.

Every major sport has its steroid controversies.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 06:00 PM   #40
LeadLeftHook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Floyd will cleanout the MMA lightweight division before he retires
LeadLeftHook is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 06:02 PM   #41
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Never gonna happen.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 06:32 PM   #42
Hawks28
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke

Umm.......no. Not really.
I didnt say that MMA really needs Floyd, MMA is obviously doing quite well in North America right now, and will continue to do well with or without floyd. I just said mma needs floyd more than floyd needs mma, and I believe that. Why would Floyd need MMA? He probably made more money this year than the Top 10 highest paid mma athletes combined. He is p4p #1 in boxing, the biggest star in the sport. There is still at least 1 or 2 lucrative fights (far more lucrative than any MMA fight) in boxing for him, before retiring. He has no background in wrestling, muay thai, jiu jitsu. Whats the point of him going to MMA? whats he going to accomplish? Beat up a can, or fight a guy like roidhead Sherk and get laid on for a few rounds or stopped via ground n pound? What does he have to gain from that? Im sure Dana White would love to sign Floyd if Floyd was interested, and he would probably be more than happy to give Floyd more cash than anyone in the UFC, but why would Floyd want to sign with UFC or any MMA org for that matter? Nothing to gain from it.
Hawks28 is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 07:14 PM   #43
Pro
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Presscot
To do MMA you need a strong amateur wrestling backgound. You need to know how to kick, and you need to know how to grapple once you are on the gound, or you will get man-****d.
To do MMA all you have to do is have been in a few street fights the only difference is you train to street fight...different ways to choke people...different ways to kick people...really doesn't take any skill if you were kicking hard in the street you'll kick hard in the octagon you dominate in MMA by sure luck not skill

Boxing is the developement of hand skill....skill

MMA is street fighting on the grandest stage that's it that's all and its ****ing boring and borderline gay especially when you got 2 guys just hugging each other all night **** outta here!!!!

Bad decision Floyd your a boxer beat Cotto go out as one of the greatest of all time spend your guap and chill
Pro is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 08:10 PM   #44
Big N Bad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_RapPBF
There only chance would be to bull rush and get him on the ground. Stand toe to toe with him for a second at its over. He has world class speed and is the best boxer in the world. Some scrubby MMA schmuck wouldnt stand a chance. They do that kicking **** they catch a straight right lead, they try that grappling **** they get an uppercut to the jaw. They cant strike him, they cant kick him, so they try and bull rush, check hook into the side of the cage.

Boxing scrubs go to MMA, MMA scrubs dont go to boxing.
hello floyd, welcome to the forum
Big N Bad is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2007, 11:06 PM   #45
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evisceration
Didn't read the whole thing but there's some major ownage going on in there.
More than THEY can handle!!

The truth? Is a MUTHA FUKA!!!

Ali, Patterson, and Louis feel the same, 95% or better of the overall boxing public would concede or agree but NOT THEE!!!

Put ya POM POMS up and DEMAND COTTO/WILLIAMS VS QUINTANA WINNER
C Money is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum