Szpilka, by stoppage 2 11.11%
Glazkov, by decision 3 16.67%
Szpilka, by decision 1 5.56%
Glazkov, not sure which way 0 0%
Szpilka, not sure which way 0 0%
Undecided, too close to call 1 5.56%
She doesn't wear combat boots! And I'd see no relevance if she did! 3 16.67%
FUBAR is something I first heard on Tango and Cash. 2 11.11%
Polish and polish shouldn't be separated only by capitalisation of the 'P'. 2 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2013, 05:19 AM   #1
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665
Default Vyacheslav Glazkov VS Artur Szpilka

At this point, who would you pick and how?
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

Default Re: Vyacheslav Glazkov VS Artur Szpilka

Don't ALL ANSWER AT ONCE! I can't keep up with this!
Old 08-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 116

Glazkov stoppage
UnleashtheFURY is online now  Top
Old 08-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Glazkov has the more complete skill set, has a very solid chin and doesn't have a leaky defense. UD or late stoppage for Slava.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2013, 02:23 AM   #5
marciano1952
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

prob a Late TKO for Glazkov....
marciano1952 is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2013, 04:21 AM   #6
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Szpilka is more mobile and quicker, but I'd favour Glazkov 60-40, who is the better boxer of the two
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #7
mike jenkins
Journeyman

vCash: 500

probably glazkov, who has more amateur experience, possibly a better chin and more mobility.
mike jenkins is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #8
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

I'm more apt to forgive struggling to a controversial draw with Malik Scott than struggling to a come-from-behind miracle KO in a knock-down drag-out life and death brawl with a rusty Mike Mollo.

The fact that both men sort of bumped into their respective ceilings there sort of tells me that Glazkov is a class or five above...

Besides, while Szpilka has nice power it doesn't strike me as the sort needed to harm Glazkov...and if this is therefore going to be decided on points, it's very hard to imagine a scenario where Szpilka outboxes him.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #9
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I'm more apt to forgive struggling to a controversial draw with Malik Scott than struggling to a come-from-behind miracle KO in a knock-down drag-out life and death brawl with a rusty Mike Mollo.

The fact that both men sort of bumped into their respective ceilings there sort of tells me that Glazkov is a class or five above...

Besides, while Szpilka has nice power it doesn't strike me as the sort needed to harm Glazkov...and if this is therefore going to be decided on points, it's very hard to imagine a scenario where Szpilka outboxes him.
I do think that Glazkov actually showed enough skill against Scott and Hamer (who disappointed me to high heaven) to be considered a top twenty man. I only felt he made rookie judgment calls against Scott, like backing off when it seemed to be some of his better opportunities. The kind of mistake an inexperienced guy who's been made insecure about his judgment against a bad style match is bound to make and that and the styles made as big a difference in the fight as a gulf in class in their respective total packages might have. I don't know, maybe that's going to come across laughable but that's my feeling. I'm still suspecting Glazkov is going to turn out pretty solid over the long haul and get some decent wins. I consider the Hamer win a good one, despite the early and pathetic ending. I think Glazkov looked of a very good class there.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #10
silencio
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1017

Slightly in favour of Glazkov. I expect him to wear Szpilka down and win on points.
silencio is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
I do think that Glazkov actually showed enough skill against Scott and Hamer (who disappointed me to high heaven) to be considered a top twenty man. I only felt he made rookie judgment calls against Scott, like backing off when it seemed to be some of his better opportunities. The kind of mistake an inexperienced guy who's been made insecure about his judgment against a bad style match is bound to make and that and the styles made as big a difference in the fight as a gulf in class in their respective total packages might have. I don't know, maybe that's going to come across laughable but that's my feeling. I'm still suspecting Glazkov is going to turn out pretty solid over the long haul and get some decent wins. I consider the Hamer win a good one, despite the early and pathetic ending. I think Glazkov looked of a very good class there.

I am in full agreement.

A lot of the knee-jerk set are probably going to consider his stock to have fallen with Scott losing to Chisora (and yes, it was a fair and square loss - and no, that isn't such a humiliating thing, as Chisora is no bum) and will disregard the Hamer performance because of the quitting, but on both nights Glazkov showed me that he could do quite well in steps up in class and I certainly wouldn't rule out him improving more over time or, say, beating Scott in a rematch. Especially now with Malik's confidence a bit shaken as he is reduced to hugging both knees to his chest and rocking in the corner muttering his mantra of "I was up at nine!!"

Pin, OTOH, I think will only be able to reach a certain point in his development. He is what he is, and his future to me very closely resembles Travis Walker's present. He will avenge the Mollo loss but then eventually get stopped a number of times, and score a few upset knockouts here and there while maneuvering in and out of serious contention.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #12
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
I share your opinion and there also seems to be validity to it. After the fight Glazkov said he had no idea about Scott's amateur backround until somone mentioned it to him (He won Under 19 Junior World Championships and US Nationals) and didn't sound like he had watched much if any footage. Being under prepared along with some poor tactical failures cost him, mainly a lack of combination punching which he does possess, not applying steady pressure, not being aggressive enough when Malik was on the ropes and in general.

I think he has the potential to be a similar level as Povetkin but hopefully with more ambition than Sasha to prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post

Pin, OTOH, I think will only be able to reach a certain point in his development. He is what he is, and his future to me very closely resembles Travis Walker's present. He will avenge the Mollo loss but then eventually get stopped a number of times, and score a few upset knockouts here and there while maneuvering in and out of serious contention.
I think Szpilka has a little more potential than you do. He is a year younger than Fury at 24 and still has time to improve as Tyson himself has shown. All the tools seem to be there for a good HW his defense is the only real glaring hole i see but it's due to a bad habit rather than lack of technique or ability. He has defense, controlling range, using angles, level changes, reflexes on the outside but just abandons it at times when throwing in close which is something he could fix in theory.

I don't think his chin is poor due to the Mollo KD, could be dropped by a puncher but average at worst. The shots he took against McCline, even with a broken jaw for 5 rounds, makes me think its above average and he has shown the fighting spirit when faced with adversity rather than folding. Fighting with a broken jaw is no joke.

Last edited by Vysotsky; 08-14-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #13
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Glazzy isn't the most technical of boxers, but he'll probably outlast Szpilka and stop him.

edit:
Damn, I didn't see the "She doesn't wear combat boots! And I'd see no relevance if she did!" option, otherwise I would have chosen that one.
So BE... "She doesn't wear combat boots! And I'd see no relevance if she did!" is my definitive answer, please write that down (in capital letters)
Robney is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #14
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Glazkov wants to fight Chisora his team has made an offer and they're waiting for a responce. His manager Klimas is in England right now with another one of his boxers Kovalev so he's going to talk more with them to try and make it happen for the Sept 22 date which Harrison has been mentioned as a possible opponent. If Chisora fights Audley instead of Slava it would be pretty pitiful.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #15
marciano1952
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Glazkov wants to fight Chisora his team has made an offer and they're waiting for a responce. His manager Klimas is in England right now with another one of his boxers Kovalev so he's going to talk more with them to try and make it happen for the Sept 22 date which Harrison has been mentioned as a possible opponent. If Chisora fights Audley instead of Slava it would be pretty pitiful.
wasnt Boytsov vs Chisora Also mentioned for around that date?.....would be pretty horrible if he chose Harrison over those 2
marciano1952 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum