Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-17-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100
Default Ward is slick, Froch is a warrior

Good fight tonight. Ward was just too good a boxer for Froch and did very well. I thought Ward outboxed him very well, in the first I saw Ward go inside and I thought immediately (this is gonna be a Hatton/Mayweather fight) and then he stepped off and hit a hook and it was confirmed. Froch wasn't in the fight at all and Ward outboxed him on the outside and when he went inside, he was just much too good for Froch and gave him fits. He did so throughout the fight and rarely used dirty tactics as I expected him to, so I give him much credit for doing without.

And then at the end of the fight, Froch started throwing down and showed his warrior mentality. Now for a stupid excuse that some insane person may use, if it was a fifteen round fight, I think it would've made no difference. I am not using Froch starting late as an excuse, I believe because it was so late in the fight, Froch started to pick up and Andre Ward was possibly tired, but definitely not gassed. So because of the urgency, Froch started to pick up, but I don't believe had it been a fifteen round fight it would've made any difference, just incase anyone thinks I'm making the "FROCH TOOK TOO LONG TO GET GOING, WARD A BITCH" excuse.

Very impressed with Ward, and Froch still gave it his all, so it was a good fight and I'm impressed by both. Hope to see Ward/Bute in 2012, would be a great fight. Hard luck Froch, but at least you made no excuses and did your best.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by Flash Jab; 12-18-2011 at 01:52 AM.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200
Default Re: Ward is slick, Froch is a warrior

Ward's a warrior too. Let's not pigeon hole him, he's a special athlete and talent. Froch's a warrior, I appreciate his heart and toughness too.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
Rapid
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

15 rounds would have been interesting though
Rapid is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid View Post
15 rounds would have been interesting though
why? he won the last round purely on the buzz and heart. He lost the 10th and 11th it wasn't like he clearly won the last beating Ward pillar to post either
Post Box is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #5
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

Bump because I deserve more responses. ;-;
Old 12-18-2011, 12:43 AM   #6
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I think Froch should get credit for doing what every other fighter that couldn't hit ward and are getting roughed up and thats stop trying and just try to win the fight. Froch gutted it out and was clearly the stronger fighter when in the last few rounds. It fact I thought Froch was a couple good shots away from stopping Ward at the end of the 11th. But Ward spoiled well in the last round and hung on for th victory. Froch was lucky to be as close as he was one two of the cards.

I don't agree that Froch would have won the fight if it was a 15 round fight because you'd have to imagine Ward would win at least one of them but you'd be an idiot not to realize that his chances of knocking ward out were increasing significantly with every ronud.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2011, 12:44 AM   #7
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 8025

Ward's a warrior too buddy. Let's not forget that. The guy was tired and i'm sure he felt Froch's power plenty of times but kept coming. And Froch is pretty slick himself. He impressed me in defeat tonight as i thought Ward would handle him more easily.
klion22 is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2011, 12:54 AM   #8
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by o_money View Post
I don't agree that Froch would have won the fight if it was a 15 round fight
Just to clarify, neither was I. I was just thinking of that excuse and was squashing it too, I thought Froch's urgency came because it was the end of the fight rather than it took too long for him to get into it.

And I really don't think Ward is a warrior. He's a boxer, but he's never gonna go toe to toe and trade. I'm not doubting he could, I just don't think he's that boxer and it would give him the least chance of winning him fights.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:00 AM   #9
millertime1367
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Jab View Post
Just to clarify, neither was I. I was just thinking of that excuse and was squashing it too, I thought Froch's urgency came because it was the end of the fight rather than it took too long for him to get into it.

And I really don't think Ward is a warrior. He's a boxer, but he's never gonna go toe to toe and trade. I'm not doubting he could, I just don't think he's that boxer and it would give him the least chance of winning him fights.
Ward goes toe to toe after every combination he throws!!!

With one ARM punching, the other holding, and his forehead in the face of his opponent...

Lucian will drop SOB with an uppercut
millertime1367 is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2011, 01:00 AM   #10
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Jab View Post

No I thought Froch's charge had more to do with Andre Ward getting tired then anything else. Froch did better in the last couple of rounds because they were the only rounds that he was the stronger fighter.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2011, 01:02 AM   #11
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime1367 View Post

With one ARM punching, the other holding, and his forehead in the face of his opponent...

No Bute isn't tough enough to get go the distance with Ward. You need to be tough and skilled to fight Ward.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2011, 01:08 AM   #12
kopejh
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 861

Quote:

let the butthurt flow throw ya, ye fat pasty cunt
kopejh is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2011, 01:16 AM   #13
millertime1367
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopejh View Post
let the butthurt flow throw ya, ye fat pasty cunt
I sure will, was hoping for a good fight..instead Ward fought his usual dirty hold and hit with blatant use of his head for advantage in clinches he initiates; while Froch per his usual tough yet skill deprived effort

Let the keyboard warrior flow through you!
millertime1367 is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2011, 01:22 AM   #14
klion22
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 8025

Quote:
I sure will, was hoping for a good fight..instead Ward fought his usual dirty hold and hit with blatant use of his head for advantage in clinches he initiates; while Froch per his usual tough yet skill deprived effort

Let the keyboard warrior flow through you!
You DKSAB.
klion22 is offline  Top
Old 12-18-2011, 01:25 AM   #15
kopejh
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by klion22 View Post
You DKSAB.
I don't know if the fat pasty cunt's actually seen that fight. nothing dirty about Ward tonight. became a bit of a spoiler in the last few rounds when he tired, but a clean, thoroughly enjoyable performance from Ward tonight.
kopejh is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum