Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-21-2011, 03:46 AM   #1
pistal47
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default In Your Opinion, Which Promoter or Manager is the Least Grimy in Boxing?

Well, who, if anyone, is it?
pistal47 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2011, 03:58 AM   #2
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100
Default Re: In Your Opinion, Which Promoter or Manager is the Least Grimy in Boxing?

Fat Mick.

He's a loveable oaf.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2011, 04:18 AM   #3
I1T2BOX
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: In Your Opinion, Which Promoter or Manager is the Least Grimy in Boxing?

Lou Dibella seems like a cool cat.
I1T2BOX is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2011, 04:21 AM   #4
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Al Haymon he gets his fighters unbelievable deals just look at Berto
PrinceN is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2011, 04:32 AM   #5
pistal47
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
Al Haymon he gets his fighters unbelievable deals just look at Berto
And kept getting Brewster fights whilst his left eye was hanging outside his head and chipping in a "little bit" for the expenses of Danny Jacobs fight with Cancer while a family friend pays for the bulk of his treatment. Do you not think it's insane that a manager/adviser to a young kid/fighter doesn't set him up with or offer health insurance while the kid is a BOXER?

Guy sounds more like a clown/exploiter than a solid person.
pistal47 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2011, 04:34 AM   #6
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 250

Dibella

Shaw?
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2011, 04:36 AM   #7
pistal47
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I1T2BOX View Post
Lou Dibella seems like a cool cat.
I agree. When I was watching Showtime's 360 Fight Camp for the Super 6 I couldn't get over how every manager or promoter besides Dibella seemed like such a grimy and corrupt scumbag, with Sauerland seeming like the biggest jerk.

When fighters in the tournament lost sometimes it would show the promoters talking to the fighters afterward and most of the time they just seemed really disrespectful that their "asset" lost, but when Johnson lost to Froch, Dibella walked into the dressing room and was giving Johnson props and trying to cheer his wife up.

He does seem like a really cool dude who has a good personal relationship with the fighters he promotes.
pistal47 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2011, 04:41 AM   #8
JunitoJab
Antagonist
ESB Addict

vCash: 215

DiBella probz
JunitoJab is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2011, 04:47 AM   #9
FORMIDABLE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 275

That's like asking which serial killer was the most moral. These promoters are all in the business to fill their pockets and all have made decisions which hurt the sport and screwed over it's fans and fighters in order to do so. Don't get me wrong though, they're a necessary evil for this sport to survive. The ones I personally like the best are Arum and DiBella, they have a little fire in their personality and could snap at any second with lurid vulgarity which makes them interesting characters. And also Don King, probably the most charismatic and entertaining promoter ever.

Last edited by FORMIDABLE; 12-21-2011 at 06:00 AM.
FORMIDABLE is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2011, 06:01 AM   #10
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
Dibella

Shaw?
Shaw (along with Khan) is probably the reason Tim Bradley is a quivering pink vagina.
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2011, 06:13 AM   #11
maddog12

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMIDABLE View Post
That's like asking which serial killer was the most moral. These promoters are all in the business to fill their pockets and all have made decisions which hurt the sport and screwed over it's fans and fighters in order to do so. Don't get me wrong though, they're a necessary evil for this sport to survive. The ones I personally like the best are Arum and DiBella, they have a little fire in their personality and could snap at any second with lurid vulgarity which makes them interesting characters. And also Don King, probably the most charismatic and entertaining promoter ever.
Arum is a douchebag who protects his assets (fighters) too much.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:07 AM   #12
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

I would have said Dibella. Didn't he stop working with a fighter (Taylor?) because he felt it was time for them to hang them up?

Also, Eddie Hearn seems like a decent guy - gets on well with his fighters and seems more of a friend than a promoter.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2011, 07:08 AM   #13
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog12 View Post
Arum is a douchebag who protects his assets (fighters) too much.
Protect? The guy is a cunt and only protects what will make him money, the moment you're time is up he'll expoit you regardless of your own health, wellbeing or wishes - i.e Margarito
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2011, 07:16 AM   #14
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
I would have said Dibella. Didn't he stop working with a fighter (Taylor?) because he felt it was time for them to hang them up?

Also, Eddie Hearn seems like a decent guy - gets on well with his fighters and seems more of a friend than a promoter.
Yeah Eddie Hearn would probably have been my answer.

DiBella says a lot of the right things about the problems with the sport but will often act like a hypocrite, which in some ways makes him worse than the guys who you already know are complete assholes like Arum and Shaw.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2011, 07:20 AM   #15
Check_Hook
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post

Check_Hook is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum