Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2007, 09:47 PM   #16
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West "by God" Virginia
Posts: 14,941
vCash: 1852
Default Re: PBF to MMA? WHat the hell

I honestly don't know what to think of this shit. I guess Cuban being a billionaire and needing to get his new "corner" of MMA off the ground could flash the kind of money it would take to get PBF in the MMA ring and at the same time get HUMONGOUS publicity for his MMA circle he's trying to get off the ground. I wouldn't expect to see PBF in there with a beast though. Prolly some can that will make PBF look good, and Cuban and PBF once again will deposit rather large checks and live the good life.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2007, 09:53 PM   #17
pudding
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 618
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF to MMA? WHat the hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilz
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What the hell is this all about?




"...is strongly considering...."

His sobriquet is MONEY Mayweather. He will make his strongest considerations when the offers come in.
pudding is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:33 PM   #18
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 748
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF to MMA? WHat the hell

[quote=Yansoma]I'm sure it won't be a problem with all those MMA fighters that get knocked out by jabs. Half the time I see knockouts in MMA the punches don't squarely connect or don't even have the shoulder/body weight behind them. The lack of conditioning to flush blows is actually kind of embarassing to watch.

It is a myth that smaller gloves hurt you more; they only do more superficial damage to the face. Larger gloves however jar your entire brain and cause much more trauma.[/quote]


that statement is hilarious, I've been boxing for 8 years, if we use bigger gloves for sparring (16 oz) the damage are clearly less then if we use pro(8oz) gloves, and after that u have those MMA type of glove who gives u A LOT more opportunity to knock someone out easily.

PLZ when you don't know something dont make stupid statements like that.
DoumB is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:41 PM   #19
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,121
vCash: 1493
Default Re: PBF to MMA? WHat the hell

He would just get taken down and beat pretty easily, not really all that compelling other than to shut some people up.
Beebs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:53 PM   #20
Yansoma
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 60
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF to MMA? WHat the hell

[quote=DoumB]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yansoma
I'm sure it won't be a problem with all those MMA fighters that get knocked out by jabs. Half the time I see knockouts in MMA the punches don't squarely connect or don't even have the shoulder/body weight behind them. The lack of conditioning to flush blows is actually kind of embarassing to watch.

It is a myth that smaller gloves hurt you more; they only do more superficial damage to the face. Larger gloves however jar your entire brain and cause much more trauma.[/quote]


that statement is hilarious, I've been boxing for 8 years, if we use bigger gloves for sparring (16 oz) the damage are clearly less then if we use pro(8oz) gloves, and after that u have those MMA type of glove who gives u A LOT more opportunity to knock someone out easily.

PLZ when you don't know something dont make stupid statements like that.
No, actually my statement is based on a scientific study regarding blunt force trauma to the brain and it's effects later on in life. Included in that was the effects immediately thereafter a blow. These findings have been subsequently been agreed upon and reported elsewhere since then. It is readily available information for anyone willing to look; which you clearly have not. No matter what your opinion may be you still are wrong. It is hard for humans to acknowledge conclusions that diverge from ones own peronsal experience. I find it hard to believe any of your argument because your credentials could be fictious for all I know. The major flaw is your unwavering belief in your own assumed knowledge. Anyone could make up what you stated and judging by your ability to put together a sentence I'm not so sure you have the ability to understand things like physics.
Yansoma is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:58 PM   #21
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,121
vCash: 1493
Default Re: PBF to MMA? WHat the hell

[quote=Yansoma]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoumB
No, actually my statement is based on a scientific study regarding blunt force trauma to the brain and it's effects later on in life. Included in that was the effects immediately thereafter a blow. These findings have been subsequently been agreed upon and reported elsewhere since then. It is readily available information for anyone willing to look; which you clearly have not. No matter what your opinion may be you still are wrong. It is hard for humans to acknowledge conclusions that diverge from ones own peronsal experience. I find it hard to believe any of your argument because your credentials could be fictious for all I know. The major flaw is your unwavering belief in your own assumed knowledge. Anyone could make up what you stated and judging by your ability to put together a sentence I'm not so sure you have the ability to understand things like physics.
Id be interested in seeing that study.

All the evidence I have seen, plus the laws of physics, seem to say that a single blow from a lighter or no glove is more likely to cause a concusion because there is less or no dissipation of the energy from the punch, like a car with no crumple zone. Its like steel vs wood baseball bats or golf clubs.

On the other hand continued blows from a more padded glove are more dangerous because they allow the brain to take more shots before finally going out.

In terms of one single shot, I'd prefer I get hit with the biggest glove possible.
Beebs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:00 AM   #22
maracho
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,072
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF to MMA? WHat the hell

Customer relations perhaps. Both sides would gain respect from some of their present detractors even if it never really transpires.
maracho is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:02 AM   #23
Yansoma
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 60
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF to MMA? WHat the hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs

Id be interested in seeing that study.

All the evidence I have seen, plus the laws of physics, seem to say that a single blow from a lighter or no glove is more likely to cause a concusion because there is less or no dissipation of the energy from the punch, like a car with no crumple zone. Its like steel vs wood baseball bats or golf clubs.

On the other hand continued blows from a more padded glove are more dangerous because they allow the brain to take more shots before finally going out.

In terms of one single shot, I'd prefer I get hit with the biggest glove possible.
It has to do with the force spread over the surface area of impact. I'd also rather be hit with a larger glove because of my own preception of pain when compared to the smaller. The larger glove will be doing more damage internally (where it matters) regardless of what our senses tell us. You are correct about the padding allowing more damage before succumbing to concusion.
Yansoma is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:05 AM   #24
Longhhorn71
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF to MMA? WHat the hell

Two completely different sports.

The highly trained wrestler (and other variations) will get him on the ground and then "check hook" is worthless. The wrestler would put him in a submission hold...and PBF wouldn't be able to spell "tap-out" quick enough.

Uncle Roger would be whining in the corner.
Longhhorn71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:10 AM   #25
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,313
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF to MMA? WHat the hell

[quote=Beebs]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yansoma

Id be interested in seeing that study.

All the evidence I have seen, plus the laws of physics, seem to say that a single blow from a lighter or no glove is more likely to cause a concusion because there is less or no dissipation of the energy from the punch, like a car with no crumple zone. Its like steel vs wood baseball bats or golf clubs.

On the other hand continued blows from a more padded glove are more dangerous because they allow the brain to take more shots before finally going out.

In terms of one single shot, I'd prefer I get hit with the biggest glove possible.
Should start a thread on this one.....im interested too
cardstars is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:17 AM   #26
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mutantville, North Carolina
Posts: 9,273
vCash: 157
Default Re: PBF to MMA? WHat the hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke
I'd enjoy watching Floyd get wrestled down to the floor and get ground and pounded into unconciousness within 30 seconds.
At 205 lbs, Chuck Liddell is a bit out of Floyd's weight class - but there are plenty of fighters that would be eligible to fight him.

In mixed-martial-arts competition, a fighter like UFC Lightweight Champion Sean Sherk would destroy Mayweather in the first round.

Floyd needs years of training in the other disciplines necessary for success in MMA. However, if Floyd had a few years to build proper kickboxing defense, wrestling defense and gaurd techniques, then he could make anything happen. World champion kickboxers such as Maurice Smith were very successful in mixed-martial-arts after years of rounding out his game. Floyd could do the same, but it won't happen overnight.

We will never see Floyd Mayweather in MMA.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:19 AM   #27
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mutantville, North Carolina
Posts: 9,273
vCash: 157
Default Re: PBF to MMA? WHat the hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhhorn71
Two completely different sports.

The highly trained wrestler (and other variations) will get him on the ground and then "check hook" is worthless. The wrestler would put him in a submission hold...and PBF wouldn't be able to spell "tap-out" quick enough.

Uncle Roger would be whining in the corner.
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Roger ran into the ring and hit the other fighter with a chair.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:51 AM   #28
jlmayo825
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 267
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF to MMA? WHat the hell

the only reason he is thinking about is cuz he just KO'd a grappler in Hatton haha....but on a serious note i would lose respect if he did go to mma...plus if he lost to some scrub mma fighter then every fag mma fan will go on and say mma is better than boxing and that would be horrible
jlmayo825 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:53 AM   #29
Action
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 593
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF to MMA? WHat the hell

He's a shot fighter and has to do something to pay the mortgage and child support.
Action is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #30
Shaolin Box
Respect
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 2,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: PBF to MMA? WHat the hell

bad move if he really went through with this. I hope not
Shaolin Box is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013