Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-13-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
liger05
puroresu fan 4 life!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Should Overeem be granted a licence?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Alistair Overeem participated at today’s NSAC meeting via phone. Keith Kizer stated that out-of-competition drug testing for both Brock Lesnar & Alistair Overeem was established on November 17th. Overeem’s drug test did not occur, as his camp replied back on November 21st (he left for Holland). Brock’s drug test was done at a hospital. Overeem ended up taking a blood test on November 23rd. It was not the test NSAC was looking for but the blood test came back clean. Overeem ended up taking the test the NSAC wanted on December 7th and the results haven’t come back yet. Overeem was quizzed about why he needed to go to Germany for testing instead of doing the testing in Holland. At this point, the commission put Overeem under oath during his testimony.
(Keith Kizer believes urine tests are more accurate than blood tests for doping.)
Mr. Overeem stated that his mother is in poor health and he needed to take care of family affairs. He said that drug testing procedures are different in Holland. He stated that the most recent test was administered by his own personal doctor. The commission then questioned his testing sample based on his personal doctor overseeing the test. As far as the delay in response to the NSAC, he stated that he didn’t get notice of the test when he left the airport to go back home to Holland. Overeem said that his assistant didn’t state what kind of drug testing sample was requewsted of him. He exclaimed that he did not intentionally cause any delays in testing and that he did what was asked of him.
“I did not take any effort to avoid testing. Furthermore, I have done exactly what I’ve been told to do.”
The commission then asked if UFC knew he was going back to Holland. A member of the commission asked Overeem if this was his first fight at Heavyweight. He was questioned about his weight gain from Light Heavyweight to Heavyweight. one of Alistair’s assistants (Collin Lam) then talked to the commission. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]:
“So, it appears that Overeem’s assistant has never worked with any other athletes, any athletic commissions, and knows zip about drug testing.”
The commission stated that Overeem can get a conditional fighter’s license from the Nevada State Athletic Commission provided that he pays for any additional drug testing. Deliberation took place over a motion for a conditional license pending the 12/7 drug testing sample coming back clean and two additional tests being administered. No one on the commission seconded the motion, so more deliberation took place. Brett Okamoto noted the hold-up in deliberations was based on the fact that the 12/7 urine sample test results have not come back yet. Mike Chiappetta:
“Long story short, they’re talking about giving him another test but trying to figure out where that would be and which ones are qualified.”
As Eddie Goldman stated perfectly… “So deceptive for Nevada commission to say they tested Floyd Mayweather. He had to go to USADA for sort-of Olympic-style drug testing.”
The end result? Nevada wants Overeem to take a new drug test within 72 hours and then be subjected to two random drug tests within the next six months.
Another example of how pathetic the drug testing from the comissions really are!!!

Overeem is clearly on his cycle and missed the test for a reason.
liger05 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Should Overeem be granted a licence?

I don`t care if he`s on roids I hope he will fight he`s an exciting HW until he gets tested positive he is innocent, I realize that he is to 99% percent on roids but until he is proven guilty there`s no proof and honestly I donīt care
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
Bigg Panch
The Dopest
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

I say let em all juice
I want to see insane hopped up rage filled monsters in the cage destroying each other and ripping off body parts for my entertainment
Just being honest
Bigg Panch is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
liger05
puroresu fan 4 life!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotPunch View Post
I don`t care if he`s on roids I hope he will fight he`s an exciting HW until he gets tested positive he is innocent, I realize that he is to 99% percent on roids but until he is proven guilty there`s no proof and honestly I donīt care
Why is that Baseball fans for instance go crazy when someone is caught juicing yet fight fans dont seem to care?

Episodes like this only show why Floyd wanting his opponent to have random testing is 100% right.
liger05 is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #5
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Not really. As a professional athlete drug testing, which could stop the fight going ahead should be a priority. He isn't a low level athlete with a job etc, he has a Manager who should have been saying to him "do this and do it right".

Truth is, Reem probably played them. He knows the controversey surrounding him juicing so that is even more reason for him and his manager to act accordingly.

Unfortunately, the commission let you do alot unless you actually test positively. Chael told them he would fail the test but they let the fight go ahead because he hadn't actually failed the test yet.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Why should they do something if you don`t test positively if there`s no proof you`re innocent. They should either test seriously ( at least olympic style drug tests, but probably even the most olympic athletes are on something) or make steroids legal but what they are doing now is bullshit
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #7
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think they should have some exceptions. Basically, if it's a fight I really want to see then they shouldn't let things like PED testing get in the way of that.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #8
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

there was an article i read with angel heredia (jmm s and c coach), he was a steroid manufacturer with balco and he had some seriously interesting points about PED's very interesting to say the least

he believed allowing fighters use certain ped's that were undetectable and not allowing the detectable ones like anabolic steds was the way forward
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #9
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

No, he shouldn't. He's too obviously ducking the test and trying to flush stuff out of his system. It's too transparent to be permitted, the cheat has to be kicked back into touch to set an example. Let Mir fight Brock again instead, if Frank isn't too bashed up that is.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #10
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Lest we forget...

It's just stupid. He may as well come to the Octagon with a syringe hanging off his ass.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 12:54 AM   #11
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Lest we forget...

It's just stupid. He may as well come to the Octagon with a syringe hanging off his ass.
6 hours of cardio a day and he looks like a mr universe contestant.. nope nothing to see here..
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 02:29 AM   #12
VX.Nefarious
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by liger05 View Post
Why is that Baseball fans for instance go crazy when someone is caught juicing yet fight fans dont seem to care?

Episodes like this only show why Floyd wanting his opponent to have random testing is 100% right.
Marquez beat Pacquiao roids included.
VX.Nefarious is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #13
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Well Lesnar must have been on something as most of those WWE dudes are and Overeem probably is so if both use roids its an even playing field
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #14
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

^^To be fair to Brock, he's probably 20 pounds lighter now than he was when he was in the WWE.

It doesn't matter if someone use to roid, it just matters if they are currently doing it.
afterglow is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2011, 11:22 AM   #15
liger05
puroresu fan 4 life!!
ESB Addict

Meltzer says Lesnar also submitted his test 4 days late.

The whole thing is a joke!!! Why even bother with drug testing when there is such a flawed system.

They actually call it 'random' as well which is laughable considering the fighters can basically choose when they are tested.
liger05 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum