Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-24-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default What are some ways the UFC steps up and does right by its fighters?

I hear a lot of compaints on here about the UFC's payscale (even though we don't have a clue basically what any fighter earns) and the way they treat the fighters.

But all I ever hear from these old PRIDE veterans after they lose is how well they've been treated by the UFC. They seem to make a point of it.

And I know that if a UFC fighter gets injured in training or in a fight, he will pretty much get the best available medical treatment and the UFC will pick up the tab.

So what are some ways that Dana and co have stepped up and done well by the fighters?

How much is shot Wandy getting paid to get steamrolled by Chris Leben in the UFC, compared to what prime Wandy was getting for a non-title match while he was the champion in PRIDE?

We know that Dana and co do well by the fans all the time, but what are some ways they go above and beyond when it comes to taking care of the fighters?

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Beekeeper
Bedtime Story, Aoki Style
ESB Addict

vCash: 277
Default Re: What are some ways the UFC steps up and does right by its fighters?

To their credit, they do not expose their LW division to the likes of a Shinya Aoki in concern for the health of their ligaments.
Beekeeper is offline  Top
Old 12-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What are some ways the UFC steps up and does right by its fighters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
I hear a lot of compaints on here about the UFC's payscale (even though we don't have a clue basically what any fighter earns) and the way they treat the fighters.

But all I ever hear from these old PRIDE veterans after they lose is how well they've been treated by the UFC. They seem to make a point of it.

And I know that if a UFC fighter gets injured in training or in a fight, he will pretty much get the best available medical treatment and the UFC will pick up the tab.

So what are some ways that Dana and co have stepped up and done well by the fighters?

How much is shot Wandy getting paid to get steamrolled by Chris Leben in the UFC, compared to what prime Wandy was getting for a non-title match while he was the champion in PRIDE?

We know that Dana and co do well by the fans all the time, but what are some ways they go above and beyond when it comes to taking care of the fighters?

Generally, the UFC do very well by their fighters. Alot of fans want to adopt a complete failure of a business model like boxing. Losers still get paid and losers still stay in elite company.

Fact is, you join the UFC and your money keeps on going up if you win. You are giving multiple opportunities at bonuses. IF you get to main event/elite status like Couture, Liddell, Lesnar etc you get a very decent basic AND a cut of the PPV.

The further up a UFC card you are, the more sponsorship money you get.

If you get hurt, well now the UFC have you checked out by their doctors and you are insured.

I'm unhappy with the odd cut and the odd keep when it comes to fighters but generally the UFC have a very good and sustainable business model.

It is irrefutable that the UFC are the very best at what they do and there is a reason why Dream, Pride, WEC, Strikeforce, BAMMA, Bellator, Cage Rage etc aren't.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum