Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

Sonnen's comeback fight from a drug ban being in Texas so he doesn't need to pass stringent drug tests before the bout...

Overeem being permitted to duck and dodge his way around a drug test for his first fight in the UFC when everyone knows what time of day it is with him...

I really find myself losing interest in fights where it's pretty clear the organization is turning a blind eye to suspected juicing. Who really cares who wins when one guy is roided out his eyeballs?

It'd be different if everyone could juice, but they can't/don't. It'd also be different if the UFC did everything they could to ensure people couldn't, at least that effort would mean something.

But the current situation is shit, it's feeding the fans bullshit. If this is a real sport which wants to be taken seriously, it has to clean up.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
HENDO
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

Most of them dudes aren't real athletes. They need fake muscles to compete.
HENDO is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Default Re: My love for MMA is being really tested by Overeem, Sonnen, and the UFC.

Innocent until proving guilty. I'm a bit biased when it comes to Overeem because I like the guy so much but I really don't think he juices.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #4
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

The UFC will just say they are following the commissions lead. Ultimately the commissions who monitor boxing and MMA need to get things in order. Both are billion dollar industries and their fee should ensure that every fight follows strict regulations. Fighters playing the system has got ridiculous and the people in charge should be embarassed.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I can understand why the UFC insists its the commission's job - drugs testing is expensive, sensitive and they're paying a small fortune to these commissions in terms of taxes. But the commissions are never going to get this under control or even as controlled as it is in sports like NFL or track. The only people who can do that is the UFC - commissioning an outside agency or beefing up Ratner's operation to do truly random testing. And no of this bullshit "report to a facility" but drugs testing appearing on fighters' door steps with a cup.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

He passed the test, didn't he?
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 04:20 PM   #7
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Jab View Post
He passed the test, didn't he?
Don't be a mark Flash Jab.

He was asked to the taste within 48hours. He ended up taking it twenty-seven days later due to the specimen his personal doctor took twenty days after the initial request not being tested.

Steroids can clear the system in a matter of days...indeed Overeem probably had enough time to take steroids and cycle off them before taking the test in the UK.

There's a clear pattern of delay and the strong possibility of deliberate stalling. Now I cannot prove Overeem is on steroids. But the test does not prove that he isn't. In most sports just failing to complete the test promptly would be enough for a hefty ban - just remember the Rio Ferdinand example.

This has been a farce from start to finish. Everyone knows that if he wasn't in the main event of what may be the biggest UFC pay per view of the year that he would have been pulled without a moment's hestitation.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Sonnen's comeback fight from a drug ban being in Texas so he doesn't need to pass stringent drug tests before the bout...

Overeem being permitted to duck and dodge his way around a drug test for his first fight in the UFC when everyone knows what time of day it is with him...

I really find myself losing interest in fights where it's pretty clear the organization is turning a blind eye to suspected juicing. Who really cares who wins when one guy is roided out his eyeballs?

It'd be different if everyone could juice, but they can't/don't. It'd also be different if the UFC did everything they could to ensure people couldn't, at least that effort would mean something.

But the current situation is shit, it's feeding the fans bullshit. If this is a real sport which wants to be taken seriously, it has to clean up.

this is coming from a pactard
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #9
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
this is coming from a pactard
Yawn. ****ing idiot.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
Don't be a mark Flash Jab.

He was asked to the taste within 48hours. He ended up taking it twenty-seven days later due to the specimen his personal doctor took twenty days after the initial request not being tested.

Steroids can clear the system in a matter of days...indeed Overeem probably had enough time to take steroids and cycle off them before taking the test in the UK.

There's a clear pattern of delay and the strong possibility of deliberate stalling. Now I cannot prove Overeem is on steroids. But the test does not prove that he isn't. In most sports just failing to complete the test promptly would be enough for a hefty ban - just remember the Rio Ferdinand example.

This has been a farce from start to finish. Everyone knows that if he wasn't in the main event of what may be the biggest UFC pay per view of the year that he would have been pulled without a moment's hestitation.
I'm just not the cynical type and I don't really care when it comes to PEDs and athletes. He passed the test no matter how strange it seemed to be, thats good enough for me.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #11
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I'm just not the cynical type and I don't really care when it comes to PEDs and athletes. He passed the test no matter how strange it seemed to be, thats good enough for me.
That's a strange p-o-v. So if a retired fighter comes out and admits he roided through his whole career, you would still pretend he didn't on the basis that he never officially failed a piss test?
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 06:02 PM   #12
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Well then you're deliberately being a moron. Ignorance may be bliss but it still makes you ignorant.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #13
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
The UFC will just say they are following the commissions lead. Ultimately the commissions who monitor boxing and MMA need to get things in order. Both are billion dollar industries and their fee should ensure that every fight follows strict regulations. Fighters playing the system has got ridiculous and the people in charge should be embarassed.
Overeem, Sonnen, and the commissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
I can understand why the UFC insists its the commission's job - drugs testing is expensive, sensitive and they're paying a small fortune to these commissions in terms of taxes. But the commissions are never going to get this under control or even as controlled as it is in sports like NFL or track. The only people who can do that is the UFC - commissioning an outside agency or beefing up Ratner's operation to do truly random testing. And no of this bullshit "report to a facility" but drugs testing appearing on fighters' door steps with a cup.
Tell it to the commission

Or better yet, get off you're seat and kick off these door to door OSDT yourself.

And the end of the day, were powerless.. The UFC has a show to put on, so you're gonna have to accept what you cannot change.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #14
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Can someone explain to me why steroids are illegal. I would love to see some absolutely roided up beasts battling, its the same in athletics why not see if with science we can get a man to run 100m in 5 seconds and swim faster than a shark?
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 12-22-2011, 07:22 PM   #15
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Overeem, Sonnen, and the commissions

Tell it to the commission

Or better yet, get off you're seat and kick off these door to door OSDT yourself.

And the end of the day, were powerless.. The UFC has a show to put on, so you're gonna have to accept what you cannot change.
That doesn't even make sense.

I can't command fighters drugs test.

Nor can commissions unless its their signed to fight in their state.

The only organisation that can is the UFC. They can make coopeating with the drugs testing regime part of every fighters contract. And they can enforce the suspensions.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum