Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #16
fighter

vCash: 500
Default Re: Tom mecury

**** will anyone stop the bullshit and answer is Tommy a good trainer full ****ing stop
fighter is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2011, 12:02 AM   #17
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1090

Fighter, I myself do not know, however usually when tc contributes to a thread he brings hatred, anger, and envy, tommy seems to give Lenny good corner advice and got him 1 shot at a ibf title and also another eliminator for a world title, lenny unfortunantly fell short twice, so I believe he is a good trainer. A trainer also has to mesh well with his charge, so in that respect he does well with Lenny also, I'm not sure of his other achievements nor anyone he hangs around with so cannot comment on the type of person he is,
raff is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2011, 02:41 AM   #18
jacksonmann
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Tommy is a good trainer and a good bloke. Took Lenny from a fat little kid who needed to lose weight to No.1 lightweight contender in the world. Also a Cwealth bronze medal at just 18.
Anyone who can teach a total novice from thew start to a world title fight has to know what he is doing - big time.
Always does his best for his fighters.
jacksonmann is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2011, 02:57 AM   #19
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

From my dealings with him..Seems like a good bloke,very proud of what he is (italian).Doesnt really train many pros,he has had lenny and also adam vella,to my knowledge no other fighter fulltime,seems to be the corner of a few of husseins boys and vise versa ...but he does run a good gym there at westside boxing and has a some amateur charges.
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2011, 07:34 AM   #20
HARRYSGYM
Journeyman

vCash: 1130

Tommy is one of the best in australia ceartainly top 5 {tommy, lincon, angelo, billy, dave hedg****, in no particular order. I rekon Keefy was the best but now retired.
HARRYSGYM is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #21
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346

Keefy was the best full stop. The only thing he did that i didnt agree with was slapping his fighters in the face prior to the bout. One of his fighters tells me that it works but personally i wouldnt like no one slapping me before a fight lol

I judge people i dont know by what ive seen and the sht ive seen from Tommy & Co just dont sit well with me so i bag the crap out of them for the sht they have done, no other trainers have given boxing so many black eyes as this mob. I dont care if they can train a donkey to win a horse race, whats done has been done and wont be forgoten anytime soon.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #22
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Keefy was the best full stop. The only thing he did that i didnt agree with was slapping his fighters in the face prior to the bout. One of his fighters tells me that it works but personally i wouldnt like no one slapping me before a fight lol

I judge people i dont know by what ive seen and the sht ive seen from Tommy & Co just dont sit well with me so i bag the crap out of them for the sht they have done, no other trainers have given boxing so many black eyes as this mob. I dont care if they can train a donkey to win a horse race, whats done has been done and wont be forgoten anytime soon.
fair enough but calling someone you dont know "shit & pure scum" seems a pretty personal comment to make, i dont think tom hasd done anything bad enough to warrant that,(feel free to correct me if im wrong)
raff is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #23
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff View Post
fair enough but calling someone you dont know "shit & pure scum" seems a pretty personal comment to make, i dont think tom hasd done anything bad enough to warrant that,(feel free to correct me if im wrong)
both videos posted on post #3 involve mecury and were a black eye on boxing.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #24
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member

where is he in the 2nd video?
raff is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #25
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:

Face slapping has been around a lot longer than Keith Ellis. It's an old tactic, and has been used in many sports, including in league by Tommy Raudonikis. If it wasn't effective great coaches like Ellis and Raudonikis wouldn't have used it.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:56 PM   #26
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Face slapping has been around a lot longer than Keith Ellis. It's an old tactic, and has been used in many sports, including in league by Tommy Raudonikis. If it wasn't effective great coaches like Ellis and Raudonikis wouldn't have used it.
Quote:
I have every bit of confidence in Jeff perhaps bringing out the best in me without the theatrics and face slapping antics of Angelo. I knew my time was up with him when I had to warn him on the stool not to slap again as I am sick of it.

- Bob Mirovic sacks Angelo Hyder
some like it others do not. Be it before a fight or during the break, i dont think it works with everyone.

Quote:
where is he in the 2nd video?
1.39 mark or around there. He rushed in with the group of people, then when sht hits fan he goes to grab Elmoar then grabs Mohamad Elmoar
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3k03VW-3jg&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Heres a screenshot for you incase you missed it.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #27
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
some like it others do not. Be it before a fight or during the break, i dont think it works with everyone.
Very few things work for everyone. But great coaches like Keith Ellis and Tommy Raudonikis knew what worked for their charges and used them accordingly. That's a big part of why they were so successful.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #28
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Very few things work for everyone. But great coaches like Keith Ellis and Tommy Raudonikis knew what worked for their charges and used them accordingly. That's a big part of why they were so successful.
idk m8, Keithy was old school, he slapped all his fighters not just some of them. im scratching me head at your post, cause i cant work it out. how can u know what works with one fighter and the other if your doing the same thing to all of your fighters? ie slapping them.

I think Keithy was succesful because he was old school, had a great name and was very knowledgable, he also had one hell of a stable at one stage.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #29
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
idk m8, Keithy was old school, he slapped all his fighters not just some of them. im scratching me head at your post, cause i cant work it out. how can u know what works with one fighter and the other if your doing the same thing to all of your fighters? ie slapping them.

I think Keithy was succesful because he was old school, had a great name and was very knowledgable, he also had one hell of a stable at one stage.
Ellis and Raudonikis were both old school and both highly successful. Few if any trained more Australian titleholders than Keith Ellis, and Raudonikis played for Australia, coached at State of Origin level and is in the NSW sporting hall of fame. Their success using their training methods speaks for itself
Old 12-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #30
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Ellis and Raudonikis were both old school and both highly successful. Few if any trained more Australian titleholders than Keith Ellis, and Raudonikis played for Australia, coached at State of Origin level and is in the NSW sporting hall of fame. Their success using their training methods speaks for itself
so in one way ur kinda saying that good old Kefy would have had Big Bob used to the slapping by now had he trained him & not hyder?
TCboxa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum