Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-29-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default UFC 141 weigh-in results: Headliners Lesnar (266), Overeem (263) on weight

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

LAS VEGAS MMAjunkie.com ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) was on scene and reporting live from today's official "UFC 141: Lesnar vs. Overeem" fighter weigh-ins.

Today's festivities took place at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena. The same venue hosts Friday's pay-per-view event.

Heavyweight headliners Brock Lesnar (266 pounds) and Overeem (263) had an intense but cordial staredown. Lesnar, though, quickly left the stage after weighing in and skipped the traditional post-weigh-in interview.

The night's most anticipated weigh-in was met with some disappointment. Although a post-press conference photo opp resulted in Nate Diaz shoving and flipping off the hat of Donald Cerrone on Wednesday, Diaz failed to make weight on his first attempt and came in a pound heavy at 157 pounds. He got done to 156 soon after, though.

I know this may be a bit semantic but i thought the absolute limit for heavy in the UFC was 265? Surely Brock would need to be that or under? And that has to be a career heavy for Overeem. Pretty clear what his plan is.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC 141 weigh-in results: Headliners Lesnar (266), Overeem (263) on weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post

LAS VEGAS MMAjunkie.com ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) was on scene and reporting live from today's official "UFC 141: Lesnar vs. Overeem" fighter weigh-ins.

Today's festivities took place at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena. The same venue hosts Friday's pay-per-view event.

Heavyweight headliners Brock Lesnar (266 pounds) and Overeem (263) had an intense but cordial staredown. Lesnar, though, quickly left the stage after weighing in and skipped the traditional post-weigh-in interview.

The night's most anticipated weigh-in was met with some disappointment. Although a post-press conference photo opp resulted in Nate Diaz shoving and flipping off the hat of Donald Cerrone on Wednesday, Diaz failed to make weight on his first attempt and came in a pound heavy at 157 pounds. He got done to 156 soon after, though.

I know this may be a bit semantic but i thought the absolute limit for heavy in the UFC was 265? Surely Brock would need to be that or under? And that has to be a career heavy for Overeem. Pretty clear what his plan is.

You think he left quickly to bulk up?
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Default Re: UFC 141 weigh-in results: Headliners Lesnar (266), Overeem (263) on weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
You think he left quickly to bulk up?
I doubt he needed to rehydrate. Whilst he looks very good considering his illness he's hardly in the same shape as his WWE days. Overeem on the other hand looks like an absolute beast. I don't like to make accusations like this or bandwagon but that dudes on gear.
He's hardly lost any physical conditioning despite packing on at least 40lbs (not taking into account his walking around weight) of lean muscle. His BF has to be at least 10-11%. Thats exceptional for a man of that size.
Right now Brock's afraid. VEEEEERY afraid.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
You're allowed to be 1lb over.

Overeem will walk in at 263, Brock will come in at about 275-285. Which is ****ing crazy.
Im not seeing it. Have you seen the weigh in? Comparatively Brock look poorer than Overeem. I doubt he had to make weight at all. Plus i dont think the extra poundage would afford him any advantage. Still two very big men.

And i dont get it, if Brock had surgery to remove 12 inches of his colon where is his scars? He would normally have a pretty large Laparotomy scar. Unless he had keyhole for it all which is very rare?
Old 12-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
I doubt he needed to rehydrate. Whilst he looks very good considering his illness he's hardly in the same shape as his WWE days. Overeem on the other hand looks like an absolute beast. I don't like to make accusations like this or bandwagon but that dudes on gear.
He's hardly lost any physical conditioning despite packing on at least 40lbs (not taking into account his walking around weight) of lean muscle. His BF has to be at least 10-11%. Thats exceptional for a man of that size.
Right now Brock's afraid. VEEEEERY afraid.

You bet he is. Probably left so fast so he wouldnt shit himself
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #6
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Link to a Video please..

PS: Nevermind, just saw the link above!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #7
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #8
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post

Rogan looks scarier than both
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #9
demzor
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1363

Reem had 5lbs of jeans and shoes
Edit. Nvm took the shoes off.

Brock walks around at 275
Lesnars frame is really wide.
demzor is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #10
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I know this may be a bit semantic but i thought the absolute limit for heavy in the UFC was 265? Surely Brock would need to be that or under?
And that has to be a career heavy for Overeem. Pretty clear what his plan is.
Seriously. How long have you been following the sport?

And its bogus to compare how Brock looked in WWE. There's a world of difference between training for appearances and competition. I mean Lesnar wouldn't want to be pushing past 300Ibs considering he has to cut down. To me he looks just as physically impressive (on the surface) as he did at UFC 100. Now it may be all smoke and mirrors but he's a large dude.

Good point about the lack of a scar. That is strange.
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #11
slugger3000
You Mad Bro?
East Side VIP

vCash: 9653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
Rogan looks scarier than both
He does look intense!
slugger3000 is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #12
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
Seriously. How long have you been following the sport?

And its bogus to compare how Brock looked in WWE. There's a world of difference between training for appearances and competition. I mean Lesnar wouldn't want to be pushing past 300Ibs considering he has to cut down. To me he looks just as physically impressive (on the surface) as he did at UFC 100. Now it may be all smoke and mirrors but he's a large dude.

Good point about the lack of a scar. That is strange.
No its not. Brock in the WWE was on gear and walked around at over 300lbs. He was an absolute beast of a man and was well known on the circuit for his feats of 'herculean' strength. Now his physical appearance is very different. Namely because he's more than likely not on 'gear' any more.

And i always presumed the absolute limit was 265lbs. Thats why the limit is there no? PRIDE never had a top limit at heavy. Only the UFC did at the same time.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #13
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

On looks alone Overeem wins this

And where's Brocks scar(s) ?
Old 12-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #14
Will Munny
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Brock didn't look intimidated in the slightest. Easy takedowns.
Will Munny is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2011, 09:39 PM   #15
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
On looks alone Overeem wins this
He does, he's in fantastic shape.
Sox is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum