boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-30-2011, 09:39 PM   #91
James23
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1218
Default Re: UFC 141 weigh-in results: Headliners Lesnar (266), Overeem (263) on weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post
Right. I never heard of Lesnar before he joined the UFC. I never watched WWE as a kid and I sure as **** aint gonna start now I am in my mid 30's. So when a guy takes up MMA and I hear about his amateur wrestling record and how he walks around at near 300 lbs and how much he can bench press and how high he can leap from a standing start and how he is a genetic freak, I expected him to DOMINATE guys. You have basically listed a pathetic set of achievments, wrestling-wise, for a guy of his size with his wrestling background.

1. Randy Couture at the end of his career giving away a ****load of weight, was finished with a jab effectivley.

2. Shane Carwin smashed the **** out of Lesnar to the point where BL was lucky it wasn't stopped, and then he gassed out as he is a sasquatch with horrible cardio, BL never turned the tide by doing anything more than curling up into a ball and waiting for him to burn himself out.

3. Velasquez who also gave away a ****load of weight got taken down for about 3 seconds by BL, got right back to his feet and then when had Lesnar down kept him there turtled up on his knees unable to do ****: Outwrestled.

I think the problem here is that we have different ideas of what a 'good wrestler' is. I see a guy lorded by all as one of the best wrestlers there is basically only being able to get the odd takedown on smaller men or completely gassed out yetis. He has never dominated a guy like Hughes, GSP or even Jones has. I think that people should say 'Lesnar was a good wrestler in college' as that would be a more accurate statement. I base my opinions on the evidence I have seen inside the ring mate, not on anything else.

And btw, listing all of the arguments that prove your own point to be wrong does not make you right.
Oh, I see what your problem is now... you have absurdly stupid standards that almost no other fighter can meet and you have some silly notion of what a good wrestler is.

So your idea of evidence of him being a good wrestler would be that he must dominate using only his wrestling but it has to be against another great wrestler (who I assume has to also fits this criteria) who is in his late 20's to mid 30's and it must be when they're in perfect shape. Anything else and you'll fall back to your pathetic excuses. I see now. Hope you don't apply the same ridiculous standards when trying to find a girlfriend...

Brock has good wrestling... you may not like it (for who knows what possible reason), but he does. Get over it. Now pull the stick out of your ass and enjoy the fight tonight.
James23 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2011, 12:30 AM   #92
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC 141 weigh-in results: Headliners Lesnar (266), Overeem (263) on weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Ronnies known as the strongest BB of all time. Trust me he was far far stronger than Brock. 950 dead lift? Yeah right.
Pure strenghth? I would bet on Ronnie Coleman too. I think Carwin may be stronger than Lesner in the squat, bench, and dead lift. What makes Brock so unique is the explosiveness. I doubt Coleman could run a 4.7, in the 40, at over 280lbs. I doubt Brock can still do that at age 34, as that happened over 7 years ago.

Who would you bet on in Olympic lifts, between Lesnar and Coleman? I have no opinion on that, I'm just interested hearing yours.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 01:02 AM   #93
Will Munny
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Ronnie never did olympic lifts. Pointless question. Both have done some powerlifting. Ronnie is stronger, but is more roided up.
Will Munny is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 04:28 AM   #94
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
Pure strenghth? I would bet on Ronnie Coleman too. I think Carwin may be stronger than Lesner in the squat, bench, and dead lift. What makes Brock so unique is the explosiveness. I doubt Coleman could run a 4.7, in the 40, at over 280lbs. I doubt Brock can still do that at age 34, as that happened over 7 years ago.

Who would you bet on in Olympic lifts, between Lesnar and Coleman? I have no opinion on that, I'm just interested hearing yours.
Ronnie was easily an Olympic calibre athlete. His feats of strength were well known in BB circles. Dont really understand why peeps are comparing Lesnar head to head with the worlds greatest body builder?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 01:54 PM   #95
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James23 View Post
Oh, I see what your problem is now... you have absurdly stupid standards that almost no other fighter can meet and you have some silly notion of what a good wrestler is.

So your idea of evidence of him being a good wrestler would be that he must dominate using only his wrestling but it has to be against another great wrestler (who I assume has to also fits this criteria) who is in his late 20's to mid 30's and it must be when they're in perfect shape. Anything else and you'll fall back to your pathetic excuses. I see now. Hope you don't apply the same ridiculous standards when trying to find a girlfriend...

Brock has good wrestling... you may not like it (for who knows what possible reason), but he does. Get over it. Now pull the stick out of your ass and enjoy the fight tonight.
0 takedowns from 1 attempt again. 0%, But that is the sign of a good wrestler, to expect anything more than that would be an absurdly stupid standard.
EL BULLY is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum