Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2011, 01:00 AM   #16
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 322
Default Re: What does Dana say now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Those comments were about promoting his company instead of building hype around a fighter outside of the organization.

nevertheless, when you a so called mma expert like dana, who the fighters, the business, the behind the scenes, how can than you realy act like fedor or reem werent super?

does dana realy think the fans are this stupid?

always acting like ufc is another planet and that everything changes when other fighters from other companys come in and finaly fight an ufc fighter?


rampage came from pride into the ufc and beat ufc's best LH chuck lidell!!!

alistair came from strikeforce & k-1 and crashed into brock like a tank!!!!



so **** the ufc experience dana is always talking about and how none ufc fighters cant compete with his fighters
Chempasillo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2011, 01:13 AM   #17
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: What does Dana say now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chempasillo View Post
nevertheless, when you a so called mma expert like dana, who the fighters, the business, the behind the scenes, how can than you realy act like fedor or reem werent super?

does dana realy think the fans are this stupid?

always acting like ufc is another planet and that everything changes when other fighters from other companys come in and finaly fight an ufc fighter?


rampage came from pride into the ufc and beat ufc's best LH chuck lidell!!!

alistair came from strikeforce & k-1 and crashed into brock like a tank!!!!



so **** the ufc experience dana is always talking about and how none ufc fighters cant compete with his fighters
Overeem hasn't even won the belt, and Rampage defended it only once.. Hendo, Gomi, Akiyama and others never won UFC gold either.

It doesn't matter where you came from, and what was said before you stepped in to The UFC.. In the spotlight is where it counts.

We should expect no less from a President/Promoter.. You outta be thanking Dana and The UFC for the matchups they put together.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:15 AM   #18
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,771
vCash: 500
Default Re: What does Dana say now?

It really doesn't matter because junior dos santos would rape both Brock and overoids in one night
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:21 AM   #19
Fighting Pride
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What does Dana say now?

Haha, that's what my brothers were saying during the fight. They were pretty pleased when Lesnar crumpled up in a heap at the end there.

It's what I hate the most about UFC, how Dana White feels it necessary to shit on other organisation's fighters every chance he gets. He's as bad as the Mayweathers in boxing. His company is doing fine, his fighters get all the recognition, no need for insecure shit that.
Fighting Pride is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:27 AM   #20
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: What does Dana say now?

You fools can't have it both ways.. For all the bitching that comes from what he says about fighters that aren't his, you two will continue to watch for the matchups and fighters he brings in.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:33 AM   #21
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rural OZ
Posts: 5,451
vCash: 1044
Default Re: What does Dana say now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
It really doesn't matter because junior dos santos would rape both Brock and overoids in one night
Sox is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:02 AM   #22
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,059
vCash: 3450
Default Re: What does Dana say now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chempasillo View Post
come on guys, don't protect dana like that.

it is just so ridicoulus talking bad about other fighters just because they are not in your company, yet still they are worldwide well respected fighters who fought a lot of fights and won a lot.

still pretend ex wrestler with 7 fights and 2 losses are better than them or guys like cain who have like 9 fights.

prime fedor & alistair > any other UFC champ
don't give me the prime fedor shit! he could have fought lesnar for tons of money when lesnar was looking like a bad man, then he signed with SF and was offered Overeem but declined that also so he could fight brett ****ing rogers. then after rogers he was offered overeem and declined to fight werdum because he thought that was easier fight. Well guess what Karma caught up with Fedor.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:14 AM   #23
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,059
vCash: 3450
Default Re: What does Dana say now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chempasillo View Post
dana sold brock as this new mega super star and how bad fedor or alistar were and how alistair wasn't a top 10 heavyweight.

and what happens...

alistair beats the ufc's biggest star in ~90 seconds!!!

so dana, fedor and alistair still not worthy being called GREAT by you?





still, respect to brock, he tried his best.
If you wern't retarded you would have realized Dana was promoting Reem just as much as Brock in this fight. Brock had a short shelf life and Dana wasn't betting on him to be a long term champ, he had has health probs and he really is in over his head when it comes to guys like Cain,Reem,DOS,etc. Reem will be more the future of the UFC and by beating Brock he got a big promotion.

Do you understand how this shit works?
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:46 AM   #24
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tommy emmanuel mk 2
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 367
Default Re: What does Dana say now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
If you wern't retarded you would have realized Dana was promoting Reem just as much as Brock in this fight. Brock had a short shelf life and Dana wasn't betting on him to be a long term champ, he had has health probs and he really is in over his head when it comes to guys like Cain,Reem,DOS,etc. Reem will be more the future of the UFC and by beating Brock he got a big promotion.

Do you understand how this shit works?

yes now dana is banking on reem.

dna is a dog through and through.
whopperdong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:54 AM   #25
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,059
vCash: 3450
Default Re: What does Dana say now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopperdong View Post
yes now dana is banking on reem.

dna is a dog through and through.
Banking on Reem? so was he banking on Cain...what about JDS? Do you really think he "banks" on 1 guy winning to keep the UFC going? Nobody has the HW title for more then 2 defences in many years, You can't bank on anybody if you wanted to.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:32 AM   #26
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What does Dana say now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chempasillo View Post
you do realise that alistair before coming to the UFC was as good as a fighter in the past than he is right now and that he was not getting the respect from dana he earned over so many years?
Dont worry Will has to type that way. He doesn't really mean it. What with being a journalist and all...Gotta break that bread!! *cough*
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:39 AM   #27
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: What does Dana say now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
don't give me the prime fedor shit! he could have fought lesnar for tons of money when lesnar was looking like a bad man, then he signed with SF and was offered Overeem but declined that also so he could fight brett ****ing rogers. then after rogers he was offered overeem and declined to fight werdum because he thought that was easier fight. Well guess what Karma caught up with Fedor.
Yeah Fedor only beat 5 former UFC champs. 4 of them in a round. I mean what a bum!! He could have faced a pro wrestler with 3 fights instead!! Marvellous logic!
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:04 AM   #28
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 322
Default Re: What does Dana say now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
If you wern't retarded you would have realized Dana was promoting Reem just as much as Brock in this fight. Brock had a short shelf life and Dana wasn't betting on him to be a long term champ, he had has health probs and he really is in over his head when it comes to guys like Cain,Reem,DOS,etc. Reem will be more the future of the UFC and by beating Brock he got a big promotion.

Do you understand how this shit works?

you dont know shit and defending dana makes you even mroe dislikabl.
Chempasillo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #29
mckay_89
Haw you!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Funky Town
Posts: 2,278
vCash: 1065
Default Re: What does Dana say now?

Dana doesn't say shit. He just rubs his hands at the thought of the money Overeem is going bring in. Out with the old and in with the new (for Zuffa).
mckay_89 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #30
Chempasillo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 322
Default Re: What does Dana say now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Yeah Fedor only beat 5 former UFC champs. 4 of them in a round. I mean what a bum!! He could have faced a pro wrestler with 3 fights instead!! Marvellous logic!



but wait, wasnt that the mister smart ass who knew how the business works

first no fertitia > no dana, no business.

second, dana is a good business man, but he could be better, why?

if, he was not a good, but a very good business man he would have took all

the pride fighters in their prime right away in the ufc, too make the fights

more quality and not always boring wrestling matches where dudes are lying

on the ground for how long.

third, he would take all the strikeforce fighters instantly combining them to

UFC, for having better match up options, like king mo vs rampage or

mousasi vs evans or all the quality heavyweight like barnett or antonio silva

fighting his guys.

no wonder people still have nostalic sentiments when they think about

pride, because there the guys would actualy fight and not rolling on the

ground like it is often done in the UFC and why hard core fans

say pride > UFC any day of the week.
Chempasillo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013