Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-31-2011, 04:36 AM   #1
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default My tip for 2012... the UFC to tempt Lesnar out of retirement to fight Fedor!

I believe this will happen.

Lesnar won't want to end on two bad losses, and I still think that Dana secretly wants to see Fedor fight (and lose) under the Zuffa banner.

I think the fight will happen and I think Fedor will win.
Popkins is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2011, 09:50 AM   #2
zarman

vCash:
Default Re: My tip for 2012... the UFC to tempt Lesnar out of retirement to fight Fedor!

I hope the UFC sign Fedor but I think Lesner should stay retired. Fedor / Mir would be great!
Old 12-31-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: My tip for 2012... the UFC to tempt Lesnar out of retirement to fight Fedor!

This is actually an interesting idea.

At this point in their respective careers, it's a winnable fight for either guy. I'd be putting money on Fedor.

If Brock wins, it's just about the best way for him to ring in his retirement, and have possibly the highest quality resume in the history of the division, and Dana gets to have a huge "I told you so" moment at the press conference. If Fedor wins it sets up a marketable fight in a title eliminator against someone like Cain or Hunt.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 06:34 PM   #4
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post

At this point in their respective careers, it's a winnable fight for either guy. I'd be putting money on Fedor.

If Brock wins, it's just about the best way for him to ring in his retirement, and have possibly the highest quality resume in the history of the division, and Dana gets to have a huge "I told you so" moment at the press conference. If Fedor wins it sets up a marketable fight in a title eliminator against someone like Cain or Hunt.
That's a joke, right?

Wins over Mir, 47 year old Couture, Carwin, and a borderline shot Fedor would equal the highest quality resume in heavyweight history?

Really?!!

Ever heard of this guy...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 06:51 PM   #5
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
That's a joke, right?

Wins over Mir, 47 year old Couture, Carwin, and a borderline shot Fedor would equal the highest quality resume in heavyweight history?

Really?!!
In terms of squeezing the most A level opponents into as short a career as possible.

Plus I just like the idea of using 'high quality' in the same sentence as 'Brock Lesnar', especially after that embarrassment last night.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 06:55 PM   #6
jsalerno
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post

The amount of fail in that post is staggering.
jsalerno is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 06:58 PM   #7
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Brock is a punching bag now, he has no business fighting anymore, his surgeries have taken away too much for him to be effective. He looked terrible in his last 2 fights and his stock dropped to nothing after last night.

If Fedor would have fought him when Brock was at his top 'hype" after his Mir domination that would have been more impressive.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 08:00 PM   #8
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsalerno View Post
The amount of fail in that post is staggering.
How so? Would it be unwise to put money on Fedor? Are they not both at a point where either guy could viably win/lose?

And removing the hyperbole from the last paragraph, win or lose Brock would leave the sport with almost 90% of the names on his record being elite fighters, only two of the names on his record will ever be read without the words "former champion" immediately following. Should Brock win, would Dana not say "I told you so" with a smug little smirk on his bald head?
Should Fedor win he'd immediately have the name recognition and the momentum to be put into a title eliminator. ****, he could get an instant title shot, stranger things have happened in the HW division.

So what exactly was so staggering about the fail of that post?
Primate is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2012, 01:07 AM   #9
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
Brock is a punching bag now, he has no business fighting anymore, his surgeries have taken away too much for him to be effective. He looked terrible in his last 2 fights and his stock dropped to nothing after last night.

If Fedor would have fought him when Brock was at his top 'hype" after his Mir domination that would have been more impressive.
Brock should have taken the M-1 millions and fought the GOAT in MMA. Oh well its to late for him now. Dana and his zombies pretty much used, abused, and milked their cash cow dry.
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #10
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
Brock should have taken the M-1 millions and fought the GOAT in MMA. Oh well its to late for him now. Dana and his zombies pretty much used, abused, and milked their cash cow dry.
Exactly, I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC closed their doors tomorrow...
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #11
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post

Convenient excuse. Brock was never going to be good enough when he faced a live opponent. ANY version of Brock vs ANY version of Fedor gets destroyed 100 times out 100. Its utterly disgraceful to think that 'fans' have the capacity for such ridiculous reasoning when speaking about the GOAT of MMA. This shite doesn't happen in boxing so why the F does it need to happen in MMA?!??!?!
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #12
mckay_89
Haw you!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1065

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Convenient excuse. Brock was never going to be good enough when he faced a live opponent. ANY version of Brock vs ANY version of Fedor gets destroyed 100 times out 100. Its utterly disgraceful to think that 'fans' have the capacity for such ridiculous reasoning when speaking about the GOAT of MMA. This shite doesn't happen in boxing so why the F does it need to happen in MMA?!??!?!
Convenient excuse? The guy nearly died and had 12 inches of colon removed. If you think that didn't affect him as a fighter you are either genuinely retarded or so blind with hatred that youve lost touch of reality.

I'm not saying Brock beats Fedor, but please don't insult the rest of us on here by insinuating the illness and resulting surgeries didn't affect him as a fighter. His surgeries were a lot more legit reasons for him looking like shit upon his return than the surgery excuss I've heard you give about Shogun.
mckay_89 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Bah TBh I agree with Scurla here, IMO with or without surgery/illness, Lesnar would have never got far in the sport anyway.

Sure it didn't help him, but it's not the illness the problem, Lesnar just don't like to get hit.

The only Lesnar that would have had sucess in MMA is the one that would have started striking training right after college...even while going to college, that guy now I think we could have said would have been a beast in MMA.

But not the WWE Lesnar !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #14
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Convenient excuse? If he was a Pride fighter the "shot" card would have been played and you know it. Don't talk about your Fedor fantasy matchups and he would do this and that because he ain't doing shit. I would have picked Brock to beat him pre diverculosis, but excuses are only valid for pride fighters when they lose. You and Morono are both cut from the same cloth.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #15
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckay_89 View Post
Convenient excuse? The guy nearly died and had 12 inches of colon removed. If you think that didn't affect him as a fighter you are either genuinely retarded or so blind with hatred that youve lost touch of reality.

I'm not saying Brock beats Fedor, but please don't insult the rest of us on here by insinuating the illness and resulting surgeries didn't affect him as a fighter. His surgeries were a lot more legit reasons for him looking like shit upon his return than the surgery excuss I've heard you give about Shogun.
You should have checked the "pride excuse book"
AJAX is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum