Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 01-02-2012, 02:50 AM   #16
jsalerno
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1297
Default Re: My tip for 2012... the UFC to tempt Lesnar out of retirement to fight Fedor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
Convenient excuse? I would have picked Brock to beat him pre diverculosis.....
After a comment like this any credibility you think you had, is gone.
jsalerno is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #17
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: My tip for 2012... the UFC to tempt Lesnar out of retirement to fight Fedor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckay_89 View Post
Convenient excuse? The guy nearly died and had 12 inches of colon removed. If you think that didn't affect him as a fighter you are either genuinely retarded or so blind with hatred that youve lost touch of reality.

I'm not saying Brock beats Fedor, but please don't insult the rest of us on here by insinuating the illness and resulting surgeries didn't affect him as a fighter. His surgeries were a lot more legit reasons for him looking like shit upon his return than the surgery excuss I've heard you give about Shogun.
Stop being so emotional and READ the context of what i wrote in response to ajax. Its utterly ridiculous to imply that Brock is/was a different fighter after his surgery.

Brock had a VERY short career that is simply not comparable to any other fighter past or present. But you think its sensible to compare his injury to Shogun? An explosive hall of famer in PRIDE who was known for his striking and athleticism but has certainly lost a step because of his knee surgery? How about Kevin Randleman who nearly died because of a staph infection and the huge lumps of gunk that were removed from his lungs? What about Mark Coleman who should have retired BEFORE the PRIDE GP of 2000 because of career knee injurys? What about Frank Mir who's career looked to have ended because of a life threatening car crash? What about Big Nog who should have been no where near MMA and lost a rib at an early age, wasn't expected to survive because of his injury but has gone on to be an ATG? What was their excuse?

See NONE of what you've written makes any logical sense. It's an emotive response without digesting any of the facts. What was Brocks excuse for getting beat from pillar to post PRIOR to his surgery vs Carwin? The facts are all things being equal he was NEVER going to have an extensive career. The guy was overrated immensely by the UFC and his fans. His surgery wasn't the reasoning for him looking shit. His inexperience is/was the reason for his losses and the MANNER of his losses. Brock is a big dude. He's not a fighter. Deal with it bub.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2012, 04:07 AM   #18
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
Bah TBh I agree with Scurla here, IMO with or without surgery/illness, Lesnar would have never got far in the sport anyway.

Sure it didn't help him, but it's not the illness the problem, Lesnar just don't like to get hit.

The only Lesnar that would have had sucess in MMA is the one that would have started striking training right after college...even while going to college, that guy now I think we could have said would have been a beast in MMA.

But not the WWE Lesnar !
Plausible. But we'll never know. You would have thought in Pro Wrestling Brock would have been used to taking knocks. Turns out he was not.
Old 01-02-2012, 04:11 AM   #19
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX View Post
Convenient excuse? If he was a Pride fighter the "shot" card would have been played and you know it. Don't talk about your Fedor fantasy matchups and he would do this and that because he ain't doing shit. I would have picked Brock to beat him pre diverculosis, but excuses are only valid for pride fighters when they lose. You and Morono are both cut from the same cloth.
And you're an idiot who's full of shit. You actually have the audacity to compare the GOAT... THE ****ING GOAT with Brocks short lightening in a bottle career under the pretence that all things are equal? Seriously this drivel you've written isn't even worthy of a response. You make digs at PRIDE and fans when its ABUNDANTLY clear you're nothing more than a blind UFC cheer leader?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 01-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #20
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckay_89 View Post
Convenient excuse? The guy nearly died and had 12 inches of colon removed. If you think that didn't affect him as a fighter you are either genuinely retarded or so blind with hatred that youve lost touch of reality.

I'm not saying Brock beats Fedor, but please don't insult the rest of us on here by insinuating the illness and resulting surgeries didn't affect him as a fighter. His surgeries were a lot more legit reasons for him looking like shit upon his return than the surgery excuss I've heard you give about Shogun.
You can't blame a complete lack of stand-up skills on his illness and surgery. I agree that he was physically a lesser fighter upon his return, but he was still big enough and strong enough to grapple with anyone he fought, it was his horrendous lack of boxing ability which saw him get punished badly three times in a row, and he was not a better boxer before his disease lay-offs.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #21
GladiatoR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Lesnar won't want to end on two bad losses
He'd much rather end on three bad losses.
GladiatoR is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #22
liger05
puroresu fan 4 life!!
ESB Addict

Fedor will not be fighting in the UFC. No way!! The UFC doesnt need him and Fedor doesnt need the UFC. He can still make v good money fighting in Russia and Japan a few times a year.
liger05 is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #23
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
I believe this will happen.

Lesnar won't want to end on two bad losses, and I still think that Dana secretly wants to see Fedor fight (and lose) under the Zuffa banner.

I think the fight will happen and I think Fedor will win.
A fighter wouldn't want to end on two bad losses. I'm not sure Lesnar will care though.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #24
mckay_89
Haw you!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1065

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Stop being so emotional and READ the context of what i wrote in response to ajax. Its utterly ridiculous to imply that Brock is/was a different fighter after his surgery.

Brock had a VERY short career that is simply not comparable to any other fighter past or present. But you think its sensible to compare his injury to Shogun? An explosive hall of famer in PRIDE who was known for his striking and athleticism but has certainly lost a step because of his knee surgery? How about Kevin Randleman who nearly died because of a staph infection and the huge lumps of gunk that were removed from his lungs? What about Mark Coleman who should have retired BEFORE the PRIDE GP of 2000 because of career knee injurys? What about Frank Mir who's career looked to have ended because of a life threatening car crash? What about Big Nog who should have been no where near MMA and lost a rib at an early age, wasn't expected to survive because of his injury but has gone on to be an ATG? What was their excuse?

See NONE of what you've written makes any logical sense. It's an emotive response without digesting any of the facts. What was Brocks excuse for getting beat from pillar to post PRIOR to his surgery vs Carwin? The facts are all things being equal he was NEVER going to have an extensive career. The guy was overrated immensely by the UFC and his fans. His surgery wasn't the reasoning for him looking shit. His inexperience is/was the reason for his losses and the MANNER of his losses. Brock is a big dude. He's not a fighter. Deal with it bub.
You're getting me mixed up with a Lesnar fan, which Ive never been. However what you are saying makes no sense. The guy defeated Mir, Couture and Herring before he got sick, that is a good run of fights in anyone's book. I know you're going to give me all the excuses in the book to avoid giving him credit for those wins, but nobody is going to buy them. Yeah, he was a huge guy, but size isn't everything. When you look at other genetic freaks like Sapp or Hong-Man Choi, there is no way those guys could have went on that run, so Lesnar must have had some talent. He also managed to deal with Carwin after coming back from the first illness. I'm not saying he was ever the best HW in the world, but to say he was always a bum when he best the guys he did just shows you are unable to show any objectivity, due to your dislike of the way Zuffa overhyped him.
mckay_89 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum