Old 12-31-2011, 04:43 AM   #1
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Pride fc never die!!!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQl1JbuYrLk[/ame]

Listen to that music mother ****ers. Shit is too epic to put into words!!!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2011, 04:46 AM   #2
Amrn4s
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Pride fc never die!!!!

Wish they could bring it back! Somehow.
Amrn4s is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 04:47 AM   #3
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrn4s View Post
Wish they could bring it back! Somehow.
Won't happen. The UFC own all the rights.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:51 AM   #4
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I will never understand how any MMA fan can not love an organization and era where so many of the greatest fighters ever were in their primes and regularly going to WAR.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 04:58 AM   #5
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
I will never understand how any MMA fan can not love an organization and era where so many of the greatest fighters ever were in their primes and regularly going to WAR.
Because they're not fans. As a boxing fan is it possible to only endear yourself to todays fighters and despise the greats of yesteryear? Of course it isn't. MMA is no different. PRIDE was the BEST Organisation in the world where ATG's were made.
No one rags on Ali, Marciano, Jack Johnson etc. But fickle MMA fans aka UFC cheer leaders and fanboys are quick to tell you that the greats WHO MADE THE SPORT are no longer relevant if they're not in their favourite org and have no problem casually dismissing MMA's greatest body of evidence. They are clearly not fans. Just band wagoners eager to jump on the next big thing.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:06 AM   #6
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Because they're not fans. As a boxing fan is it possible to only endear yourself to todays fighters and despise the greats of yesteryear? Of course it isn't. MMA is no different. PRIDE was the BEST Organisation in the world where ATG's were made.
No one rags on Ali, Marciano, Jack Johnson etc. But fickle MMA fans aka UFC cheer leaders and fanboys are quick to tell you that the greats WHO MADE THE SPORT are no longer relevant if they're not in their favourite org and have no problem casually dismissing MMA's greatest body of evidence. They are clearly not fans. Just band wagoners eager to jump on the next big thing.
I agree with this. Real fans of guys like Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao don't spend their time criticizing Roberto Duran and Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson. So it is kind of weird how fans of Jon Jones and Frankie Edgar seem, on here, to very often be slagging off Fedor Emelianenko and Crocop and Wanderlei Silva.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 05:12 AM   #7
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
I agree with this. Real fans of guys like Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao don't spend their time criticizing Roberto Duran and Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson. So it is kind of weird how fans of Jon Jones and Frankie Edgar seem, on here, to very often be slagging off Fedor Emelianenko and Crocop and Wanderlei Silva.
Thats because all they know is the bullshit Dana feeds them. They're not smart enough to go away and do their research on the sport and namely WATCH the ****ing fights! They just repeat the same bullshit they see written by other trolls and regurgitate ad nasuem. Like i said these so called fans are the exact opposite of TRUE fans. They're just cheer leaders.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:29 AM   #8
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Thats because all they know is the bullshit Dana feeds them. They're not smart enough to go away and do their research on the sport and namely WATCH the ****ing fights! They just repeat the same bullshit they see written by other trolls and regurgitate ad nasuem. Like i said these so called fans are the exact opposite of TRUE fans. They're just cheer leaders.
You'd think they'd see through Dana's hypocrisy a bit more, it's very transparent. He speaks of Fedor as if he was a bum and a fraud, yet in the next breath admits he tried his ass off to sign him on a bumper contract. But why would he have done so if the guy was a fraud and a bum all along?
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 05:31 AM   #9
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
You'd think they'd see through Dana's hypocrisy a bit more, it's very transparent. He speaks of Fedor as if he was a bum and a fraud, yet in the next breath admits he tried his ass off to sign him on a bumper contract. But why would he have done so if the guy was a fraud and a bum all along?
Dana's a promoter. He'd sell his mother if he could get a good price for her.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:25 AM   #10
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

I'm gutted i wasn't aware of Pride when it was around, i sit there watching it in awe from the fighting to the show. Amazing stuff!.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 08:36 AM   #11
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Pride was great. I don't think it's any better than the UFC/Strikeforce except in one main way. Atmosphere.

There was just something about Pride and although I didn't watch it at the time I still love it.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 08:40 AM   #12
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
Pride was great. I don't think it's any better than the UFC/Strikeforce except in one main way. Atmosphere.

There was just something about Pride and although I didn't watch it at the time I still love it.
The shows were ridiculously deep. Take away all the pagentry, atomosphere and attendence records this was the closest to Vale Tudo in the BEST Org in the world. Plus you had the GP's to boot. PRIDE was all about excitement and the rules complimented that perfectly. Lay and Pray was rare in PRIDE. Wall and stall was non-existent. Rarely did you ever see a boring decision.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:52 AM   #13
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
The shows were ridiculously deep. Take away all the pagentry, atomosphere and attendence records this was the closest to Vale Tudo in the BEST Org in the world. Plus you had the GP's to boot. PRIDE was all about excitement and the rules complimented that perfectly. Lay and Pray was rare in PRIDE. Wall and stall was non-existent. Rarely did you ever see a boring decision.
Well in two ways then, forgot about the rules. I didn't watch MMA at the time so take any thing I say with a grain of salt. I've seen loads of events but not live or even close to live.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 09:40 AM   #14
Hoshi
bigboi
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2419

I used to love MMA then.

Remember watching the GP boxsets with friends at weekends. Cro Cop stalking Nogueira!!!

The stadium and crowds were electric but also respectful.Have you seen the UFC crowds? Pissheads who are convinced they are ultimate fighters lol
Hoshi is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 09:42 AM   #15
zarman

vCash:

Pride didn't just make fights they made a show!!!

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum