Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Im starting to change my opinion regarding team Burns

As you know, initially I thought that Frank ******, Billy Nelson & Ricky Burns wanted the Broner fight, but its seems to be becoming more apparent that team Burns dont seem to be really interested.
Whats made me come to this conclusion is the fact that after Burns opponent recently pulled out the obvious thing to do would be an obvious Broner fight in the usa after all, team Burns have accepted the fight will take place in usa anyway and the fight has been mooted for feb 16th and that shouldnt be a problem either as Burns next fight was 26th January so preparation shouldnt be an excuse as Burns has already been in training for two different opponents anyway.

They cant make money the excuse as Richard Schaefer has promised Burns three times more than he has received for any other fight. You would think exposure on HBO would be enough incentive to go ahead with the fight, as Burns isnt a name over there. but Schaefer & Broner, & Oscar DLH himself have all publically talked about making the fight this week, and nothing but silence from team Burns so far...

Broner is a massively hyped bigmouth, & if Burns were to accept the ultimate challenge and beat Broner, he would become a household name in boxing worldwide. There have been loads of fighters in the past who have gotten themselves big wins cos they have beaten quality fighters in their division, but havent received the credit cos there was no "characters" in their division at the time that they got the W over! In other words, Burns would get even more credit for beating Broner than he would probably deserve!

Personally, Im not interested in seeing Burns fight any other lightweight in the division other than Broner, not Demarco, not even Vasquez, for Ricky Burns? THE only fight that makes sense is Broner.

Burns got plenty of stick for stepping up in weight, instead of fighting the cincinatti gobshite last year, & a step up to light welter at this time? Just looks bad. Theres no getting away from it, even for a diehard Burns fan like myself. Rickys trainer Billy Nelson saying they could step up & fight Khan instead of facing the guy who is continually calling him out?

I dont think weight is an issue for Burns, nor is the payday and exposure he would receive. As far as we the the fans are aware, Ricky is already in tiptop shape, and raring to go, so why not make the fight for feb 16th in atlantic city?
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #2
lirva
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Im starting to change my opinion regarding team Burns

Broner would wipe his arse with Burns and Burns and his team know this.

You'll never hear a fighter say "I don't want to fight that guy because he will beat me up" and you'll never hear a trainer say "I don't want my fighter to fight that guy because he will get beat up" but make no mistake, Burns and Billy Nelson both know that Broner would give Burns the type of hiding that would make him consider retiring from boxing. The fight will never happen because Burns will avoid Broner until Burns loses a fight. He will try to fight as many bums as he can though, and he is doing a very good job of that already.
lirva is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

It's about time Dunky, I knew you'd cave in sooner or later pal, it's such a shame that Frank has no confidence in Ricky when he is clearly a very good fighter.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
As you know, initially I thought that Frank ******, Billy Nelson & Ricky Burns wanted the Broner fight, but its seems to be becoming more apparent that team Burns dont seem to be really interested.
Whats made me come to this conclusion is the fact that after Burns opponent recently pulled out the obvious thing to do would be an obvious Broner fight in the usa after all, team Burns have accepted the fight will take place in usa anyway and the fight has been mooted for feb 16th and that shouldnt be a problem either as Burns next fight was 26th January so preparation shouldnt be an excuse as Burns has already been in training for two different opponents anyway.

They cant make money the excuse as Richard Schaefer has promised Burns three times more than he has received for any other fight. You would think exposure on HBO would be enough incentive to go ahead with the fight, as Burns isnt a name over there. but Schaefer & Broner, & Oscar DLH himself have all publically talked about making the fight this week, and nothing but silence from team Burns so far...

Broner is a massively hyped bigmouth, & if Burns were to accept the ultimate challenge and beat Broner, he would become a household name in boxing worldwide. There have been loads of fighters in the past who have gotten themselves big wins cos they have beaten quality fighters in their division, but havent received the credit cos there was no "characters" in their division at the time that they got the W over! In other words, Burns would get even more credit for beating Broner than he would probably deserve!

Personally, Im not interested in seeing Burns fight any other lightweight in the division other than Broner, not Demarco, not even Vasquez, for Ricky Burns? THE only fight that makes sense is Broner.

Burns got plenty of stick for stepping up in weight, instead of fighting the cincinatti gobshite last year, & a step up to light welter at this time? Just looks bad. Theres no getting away from it, even for a diehard Burns fan like myself. Rickys trainer Billy Nelson saying they could step up & fight Khan instead of facing the guy who is continually calling him out?

I dont think weight is an issue for Burns, nor is the payday and exposure he would receive. As far as we the the fans are aware, Ricky is already in tiptop shape, and raring to go, so why not make the fight for feb 16th in atlantic city?
Welcome to the 21st century Dunky, its ****ing miserable.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
gashalasha7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

A Khan fight would probably make him far more money.
gashalasha7 is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
PityTheFool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I want the fight as much as you Dunky but I think Feb is unrealistic mate.
Say Ricky beat Ocampo in a round or two.Would that make Feb a viable option?
Don't think so.He's had a wasted camp and not had a purse he was expecting,so he'll need more time to get his conditioning and possibly his head right IMO.
I would love to be wrong on this one though.
PityTheFool is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Welcome to the 21st century Dunky, its ****ing miserable.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #8
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

I think Broner knows they don't want the fight. I just got that impression as he smiled and called Burns out it was like ''I know you and team don't want this but gonna stick on you here and now''.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #9
Nipple
I hate my username
ESB Addict

Hopefully this fight happens sooner rather than later!
Nipple is offline  Top
Old 12-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #10
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I think there comes a point where you have to say "it's your own fault"
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 01:18 AM   #11
Special
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1141

Burns wants nothing to do with Broner that is clear, he will keep fighting B-C level guys for a long time and milk his 'world' title
Special is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #12
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 765

I think Alledgedly is the main one who don't want none.

As much as I think Broner wins easily, I don't for a second think Ricky himself would be "scared" of anyone
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 01:27 AM   #13
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post

Dunky you couldn't be further away from the truth,that's the problem of listening to here say and bullshit
billy nelson is online now  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 02:04 AM   #14
hitman_hatton1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

time for burns to tell w*rren he wants broner next and won't be accepting any other opponent.
hitman_hatton1 is offline  Top
Old 12-17-2012, 02:44 AM   #15
lefthook82
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Burns is one of those docile I fight who the promoter wants me to kind of fighters, You could see it in the press conference when talking about the Walsh fight. It was obvious he was not happy but clearly didn't say anything. If he moves up again then he may have to take Potvekins crown as the most shameless ducker in world boxing
lefthook82 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum