East Side VIP

vCash: 2001
Default Re: ****** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

-PROSPECT WATCH-
This segment will be devoted to getting to know some of boxings
bright prospects, fighters who arent top 10 in the world just yet (ring ratings),
and have never challenged for a world title.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the first edition, we will be taking a look at Mikey Garcia, a fighter who falls right on the cusp between prospect and contender, but I feel is still green enough to consider a prospect as we come on the verge of his fight with Remillard.

Prospect: Miguel Angel Garcia
Alias: 'Mikey'
Born: 12-15-1987
Height: 5'8''
Reach: 70''
Record: 24-0
Boxrec Link

NEXT FIGHT: Saturday, March 26th (This Saturday!)

-----------------------
Mikey Garcia belongs to one of the most prominent boxing families in the sport. His father and trainer is none other then Eduardo Garcia. Older brother Robert "Grandpa" Garcia won the IBF super featherweight crown.

Miguel started fighting as an amateur at age 14, winning gold medals at the 2004 Junior Nationals and the 2005 National Police Athletic League Championships.

Mikey has graduated from Ventura Counties Police Academy, having set himself in the right direction in hopes to have a career path when the time comes after boxing.

----------------------------

TUNE IN TO GARCIAS NEXT FIGHT AGAINST TOUGH MATT REMILLARD, THIS SATURDAY!

This was one from last year SS....

Last edited by kirk; 02-16-2012 at 11:43 PM.
kirk is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #2447
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

PROSPECT WATCH!

ADONIS STEVENSON ( 16-1-0 ):

Record: 16-1-0

Alias: Superman

Amateur Achievements:
  • 35-5-0 was his Amateur Record
  • Stevenson participated in the 2006 Commonweath games in Australia and won a Silver Medal
Notable Pro fights:
  • In his last bout Stevenson defeated a legends son, Aaron Pryor Jr via TKO in RD 9, This bout was extremely one sided, the tall Pryor was hurt many times throughout the fight and it could have been stopped way earlier in my opinion.
  • 2 years ago he suffered an upset in his USA debut at the hands of prospect tester Darnell Boone , He beat down Stevenson in only 2 rounds. Clearly a fluke for Boone and a rookie mistake by Stevenson
  • Directly after the fight with Boone he fought Dereck Edwards and Dion Savage, Defeating them both in one-sided fights, Seemed like he was '' reborn " just a little.
Titles: WBO NABO Super Middleweight title, IBF Intercontinental Super Middleweight title, NABA Super Middleweight title

Next Fight:
Vs. Jesus Gonzales on Feb. 18th. IBF Eliminator for Number 2 spot. This is his hardest challenge!

More Details: Adonis Stevenson is a Southpaw Canadian powerhouse! His last fight against Aaron Pryor Jr was a clear display of that. He was reaching up in the air whacking the taller Pryor and sending him all around the ring bouncing off the ropes and going down a few times, It was a massacre. I doubt the fight would have been allowed to go even 9 rounds if Pryor Jr wasn't a son of a legend. Pryor was out on his feet multiple times, Cut up and bruised at the end. It was a " Breaking out " performance by Stevenson, That made him into a solid prospect. Before this bout he was easily KO'ing lighter opposition like Dion Savage, Dereck Edwards, and Anthony Bonsante. But among these easy wins he also had a very bad KO loss to Darnell Boone. Boone is known as a tough journeyman there to tough prospects, And aggressive, inexperienced fighters like Stevenson are perfect for him. I don't hold that too far against him anymore. It is just like Ward-Boone kind of, He has bet better opponents then Boone since then, It's a fluke, Simple. Anyways to sum it all up Stevenson has a better test then all of these guys on Saturday, Jesus Gonzales, A fellow prospect at 168lbs who has enough skill to score the upset. We'll see what Stevenson is made of then!

Video: ( Vs. Pryor Jr )
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMldDnrhaoc[/ame]

Boxrec: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by Samurai's Slice; 02-16-2012 at 11:43 PM.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 10:48 PM   #2448
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Thats good

I would also try to provide

- Boxrec link
- A youtube vid (if available, if not, its fine)

and thats good man I will also add a few things too as I bump and archive.

Good format too, I like it.

Whats awesome is.... I just learned about this guy right now So great job... I like how you got the amature achievments and notable pro fights, thats awesome.

Thanks SS!
kirk is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #2449
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Vitali Klistchko

ďAfter this fight (where he felt Chisora beat Helenius), I called to my manager and told him I want to fight this guy. This will be very good challenge for me. This will be a really interesting fight for not just for the audience, but for me, because I need a challenge. And my thoughts, my opinion; I (canít) fight a nobody. I need a challenge. I want to fight the strongest challenger and Chisora is one of them and Iím more than sure the fight Saturday night will be very, very interesting.Ē
kirk is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #2450
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Bumping Dans Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionDan View Post
Mike Dallas Jr. vs. Miguel Gonzalez- Mike Dallas Jr. by UD
Thomas Dulorme vs. Aris Ambriz- Thomas Dulorme by KO
Adonis Stevenson vs. Jesus Gonzales- Adonis Stevenson by KO
Eledier Alvarez Vs. Otis Griffin- Eledier Alvarez by KO
Brian Magee vs. Rudy Markussen- Rudy Markussen by SD
Vitali Klitschko vs. Dereck Chisora- Vitali Klitschko by UD
Paul Williams vs. Nobuhiro Ishida- Paul Williams by UD
Tavoris Cloud vs. Gabriel Campillo- Tavoris Cloud by UD
Chris Arreola vs. Eric Molina- Chris Arreola by KO
Jorge Arce vs. Lorenzo Parra II- Jorge Arce by KO

After virtually nothing last week, this week, we got some big time fights back. A lot of fights, a lot of filler fights. So, I'll just go into detail about some of the better fights on tap.

ESPN 2 FNF, Mike Dallas Jr. is back. He's lost his last two fights, but in his last one he was robbed of a victory and it was really heartbreaking to see. His interview after words definitely hit home. Thankfully, he hasn't been thrown to the curb because of two straight losses. Instead, he's back on FNF and given a chance to bounce back. Dallas is a good talent. Good jab, good speed. He's a pretty good young fighter. Miguel Gonzalez is taking a huge step up. He's got a very padded record, and a padded KO record. We'll see exactly how good and where he's at, but I think he is quite below Dallas. Plus, Dallas has had a full training camp with Virgil Hunter, Andre Ward's trainer, and he should be 100% back. I've got Dallas winning by pretty wide UD.

Thomas Dulorme is a very good prospect. Good boxing skills, seems to have a good head, great power. He's definitely one to watch for, for years to come. This fight with Ariz Ambriz is not so good. He really won't be, or shouldn't be, pushed by Ambriz. Dulorme should win by KO.

Adonis Stevenson-Jesus Gonzalez is a fight to definitely get up for. Both guys are very good 168 fighters and they make for great fights. Both are vulnerable, both got power, and both got skills. This definitely could be a Fight of the Year candidate. Plus, we've got drama! And not the kind of fake drama of trying to hype a fight "Oh, this gonna be Hagler-Hearns" and put on a tough guy face or "Oh, I'm gonna knock him out in 3" this is legit hatred. Gonzalez called Stevenson a rapist, Stevenson didn't like that said some things, said he's a racist and a liar, yada, yada, yada. So, this fight could definitely be explosive. Gonzalez is the slicker of the two, showed his tough and grit by battling a Francisco Sierra who at the weigh in was one weight class higher then him and was probably, at least, a good 20 pounds heavier than he by fight time. He was bloodied up and he took a lot of punishment, but fought through it and got the win. Stevenson very powerful, built nicely. Two southpaws, you know, I'm just really looking forward to this fight. I've got Stevenson by KO, but every round will be heart pounding and edge of your seat stuff. Can't wait.

Jorge Arce is on a roll, he's got that second wind in his career and I like what he's been doing. He recently avenged a loss Simphiwe Nongqayi and is now trying to avenge a draw he suffered against Lorenzo Parra a little while back. I like that in a fighter, trying to avenge those blemishes. Parra was recently out classed in a forgettable fight versus Anselmo Moreno, but Parra is a good fighter, but the question is whether or not he wants to be there and actually wants to fight. Parra doesn't have the desire anymore. If Parra does show up and try to win, we'll have a good close fight, but I don't think Parra does want to fight and will get stopped in the mid to late rounds.

Brian Magee-Rudy Markussen is a good fight. It's one of those power vs skills type fighter, only not at a high level you might be thinking of, but on a much lower level. Magee isn't that skilled, and Markussen doesn't have world class power. He has good power, but not billed like he is to have some major league world class power. Magee looked horrible in a horrible fight versus that I had the pleasure of doing an RBR against Jaime Barboza. All right, style wise, Markussen comes forward, hands down, he loads up, Magee should be able to tag Markussen quite frequently and possibly knock him out. The thing is, Magee looked so bad, and he couldn't pull the trigger that I have to wonder if he can really put the pressure and let those hands go. I don't know, Markussen just has to land a couple of booming shots a round and he should get the nod. He's at home, and so that's why I'm rolling with Markussen. Magee is the better fighter, even though he's a faded fighter, still the much better fighter, but Markussen at home. The debut of "Nordic Fight Night" I can't go against the home fighter. Markussen it is by SD.

On Showtime, we have an exciting tripleheader. Big name fighters are on tap. Paul Williams and Tavoris Cloud are on and along withChris Arreola. So, we'll start off with Arreola. Arreola needs to step up, but doesn't look like that'll ever happen. There's a lot of quality fights that could be made, but Arreola is choosing to fight fighters like Eric Molina. He's staying active and good for him, but I'd rather see him really earn his shot at a rematch versus Vitali or against younger brother Wladimir Klitschko. Anyway, Arreola by KO.

Tavoris Cloud is an exciting fighter, but he should be bigger than where he is now, but because of Don King he isn't. If he was with Top Rank he'd probably be a bit bigger and he'd definitely be much more active. When he does fight, though it has been against quality opposition. Gabriel Campillo is no different. Campillo is a big, strong, fighter. Very durable fighter, he doesn't have much slickness, not much speed, but he definitely does push you. I could definitely see Cloud having some problems in this fight. Cloud gets hit quite a bit, and is quite crude. What he lacks for skills he makes up with his power and volume. So, anyway, both fighters should take turns pressing the action. Look for a lot of leather from Cloud, and Campillo being in that high guard for quite a bit early on. And with that Cloud should be winning rounds early on. Late in the fight it gets interesting. We'll see if Campillos starts pressing forward, starts getting to Cloud, and we'll see how Cloud reacts. Anyway, I've got Cloud winning a decision pretty close, but clear decision. Should be an interesting fight.

Paul Williams-Nobuhiro Ishida again, is an interesting fight. Paul Williams is a question mark. Who knows how he'll react? He's coming off two bad, bad losses. Two losses on both ends of the spectrum. One was a brutal KO by Sergio Martinez and the other was just a boxing beat down by Erislandy Lara where he didn't win 10 seconds of any round. He came forward, boom left hand. Boom another left hand. Williams is lucky though, Ishida isn't a southpaw like Martinez and Lara. So, right away Williams has got a bit of a mental victory coming into the fight. Ishida really broke onto the scene last year when he destroyed James Kirkland in about 2 minutes. Ishida was quite an unknown to even boxing fans. But he's basically what you saw against Kirkland. He's a nice little boxer, wants to have space to throw a 1-2, 1-2. Over and over again. Now, he's power though isn't quite what you saw against Kirkland. He isn't some deadly fighter that drops fighters with one punch. He's got decent pop over a course of a 12 round fight, but nothing more than that. So, when both are in the ring you will see two very tall fighters. Williams in the first couple of rounds might be a bit tentative. A lot of pressure, a lot of tension to try and not get hit. After the butterflies got away he should be back to being the Paul Williams we know. Come forward and throw 80 punches a round. Ishida will be backing up and trying to counter him. I think Ishida will have a lot of success. Williams is there to be hit and he'll be open often. Plus, Ishida is long and lanky, what normally wouldn't hit Williams he'll be getting hit with because Ishida is a tall fighter with long arms. So, I see this as a very close fight and Williams might need a decision to go his way. We'll see, I've got Williams, but definitely wouldn't be surprised at him getting beat.

Vitali Klitschko is back in the ring going up against the aggressive Dereck Chisora. Chisora is coming off a nice upset win over Robert Helenius. Chisora pressure, threw, brought more pressure, and really beat the hell out of Helenius. This is a good match up, about the only real good match up for Vitali Klitschko left now. Chisora brings it, and he could quite possibly be undefeated if he took Tyson Fury seriously. Instead he came in fat, and out of shape, and paid the price. Either way though, Vitali Klitschko is just too tough. Mentally, physically, he's just too good. I seriously doubt Chisora makes a fool out of everybody and comes up with a performance like David Haye's performance against Wladimir Klitschko. Chisora should bring it and should go out on his shield..if he does get KO'd. I don't think he will though, I think he takes a beating and could quite possibly stopped late, but I think Chisora makes it to the finish line. Chisora brings the pressure, brings volume, the only thing he doesn't have is power. If he did have power, this would be a much, much more interesting fight. But he doesn't so, it's sort of a well, we'll see what happens type fight. Cautiously optimistic that'll be a good fight. I've got Klitschko by UD.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #2451
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
Vitali Klitschko Vs. Dereck Chisora info and fight breakdown - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Paul Williams-Nobuhiro-Ishida info and fight breakdown - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Brian Magee Vs. Rudy Markussen info and fight breakdown - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Enjoy : Remember Dan's the king of the fight breakdowns. I am the apprentice.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #2452
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Alright im out for tonight, goodnight all
kirk is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 11:17 PM   #2453
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!

Did some edits to the Prospect Watch. Look through it in the morning kirk.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:28 PM   #2454
H .
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 218

Dallas Jr. UD
Dulorme TKO
Stevenson SD
Alvarez TKO
Markussen SD
Klitschko TKO
Williams TKO
Cloud TKO
Arreola KO
Arce KO
Soliman UD
H . is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #2455
PinoyProdigy
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 577

It would be cool if you had a list of the prospects that eventually became world champions.
PinoyProdigy is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #2456
jordan1
Juan Lopez #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 320

Cloud UD
Arce TKO
Williams UD
Garth Wood UD

Kirk also please change my pick on Markussen UD and change it to Magee UD

So my new pick will be Brian Magee UD
jordan1 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #2457
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyProdigy View Post
It would be cool if you had a list of the prospects that eventually became world champions.
Nearly Everyone was a prospect at one time.

That'd be a list of most world champions pretty much.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:48 PM   #2458
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
Did some edits to the Prospect Watch. Look through it in the morning kirk.
Thats perfect Slice

I will format it to the way Im going to bump and archive it and I will repost it.

Good job man
kirk is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #2459
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyProdigy View Post
They will be archived by date, so we can go back a few years (in a few years lol) and see how the prospect scene looked, and also I might highlight the names or something to show who became world champions and whatnot.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 11:52 PM   #2460
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Some guys have been busy here

That means I have to do a lot of reading in my boss' time today to catch up, my boss won't be happy with you guys!
Robney is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum