Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #7501
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ****** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ******

Dunno how you pulled it off Tackle, but I'll never say anything bad word of Danish people ever again... too much power in your hand.

Randall Bailey's skool of boxing, lesson 11: slip the jab, stick your own and follow by the uppercut underneath.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BigBone is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #7502
Badbot
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I truly believe there was a fix and it was orchestrated by Bob Arum. A win for Bradley ? Come on ! The scorecards were weird too. All that talk about a rematch...
Arum is using Pacquiao and he is tarnishing his career.
Badbot is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #7503
Badbot
Champion
East Side Guru

Badbot is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #7504
BigBone
ESB Addict

That ****ing straight left that finished Kennedy... chilling perfection, machine-like

BigBone is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #7505
David B
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Just rewatched it and had it 115-113 Pac
Gave Tim the first 2 and last 3 rounds.
Round 4-6-9 were close.
You could have given the fight to Pac or Tim by 115-113 or it could have been a draw.
This was the worst commentating and biased job the HBO crew has ever done.
There were moments Tim landed a 5 punch combination and there was dead silence.
They refused to see it.
Rigondeaux was the star of the entire show.
One of the most naturally gifted fighters of the last 15 years.
A shame he is already 31 with lots of amateur bouts behind him.
David B is offline  Top
Old 06-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #7506
BigBone
ESB Addict

Yep, close fight. All the hoopla is coming from the same commentators and writers that had Pac beating JMM and corrupt to the bone. Wrong man won, but not by the margins the forces behind the sport are making it look like. Good fight too, we need a rematch.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #7507
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 41998

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
That ****ing straight left that finished Kennedy... chilling perfection, machine-like

Ka-POW!

I love how Guillermo's like "Yeah, that first one wasn't enough? You really want to keep mixing it up after that? You sure now? Well...OK "

IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 01:39 AM   #7508
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbot View Post

Pac isn't a billionaire. Unless you mean in the Monopoly money of the Philippines, which is literally worth less than two US pennies on the dollar

A billion in PI pesos is only 30 million American.

Last I heard, a few months back, Pac's net worth was a little over $70 million in USD. So a bit over 3 billion in pinoy tender.

Why, he's got to be up over the ten billion mark in Central African Francs!

Anyway...the rest of the things on that list are only things he happens to have fallen into tangentially, directly because of his boxing career. Or do we think as a non-boxer he as an individual would have risen to a level of success garnering worldwide recognition in any of those fields on sheer merit, let alone all?
Old 06-11-2012, 03:36 AM   #7509
DemolitionDan
ATG and HoF
East Side Guru

vCash: 1996

For the life of me I don't know where I put one of my other posts the night after the fight, so I'm just going to put it in here:

The fight was close. Much closer than what the commentators had it. Bradley threw a lot, controlled most part of the rounds, and then Pacquiao would land may'be 1 good shot and go back on vacation. "HARD LEFT HAND BY PACQUIAO I JUST CREAMED MY JEANS! 10-8 ROUND! PACQUIAO IS GOD!" **** that. It was a close fight, for writers and Lampley to say that "This is the worst decision he has ever seen." Is just goddamn silly. Drama king much? It doesn't even rank in the top 2 of worst decisions this year.

I scored the 1st, 8th, 10th, and 12th to Bradley. And the 2nd probably could have swung to Bradley, and the 11th. A draw really isn't all that of a stretch, really. Giving Bradley 7 rounds, it probably is bending backwards quite a bit, but 116-112 to 114-114 is a good realistic score...may'be you can throw in a 117-111 for Pacquiao, but then that seems like that'd be a stretch for Pacquiao. Bradley clearly won rounds 1, 8 and 12. Easily. But, I'll watch the replay next week, really hear the punches land, and score it again. Just to see if it's wider or may'be even closer than I remember watching it live. But it really is such a shame HBO's Pacquiao swingers really just rooting for HBO. Second worst broadcast this year....next to the Colonel announcing Mayweather-Cotto. Kellerman was the only reasonable announcer calling it, like it was. He was just too quiet, probably, just letting Lampley and Steward stroke all over Pacquiao's nuts. "Oh, Pacquiao has too much power!" "Oh, he's got too much speed!" "Ohhhhh Mannnny YESSS!" Anyway, close fight, solid fight, definitely not in the 100 of the worst robberies in boxing of all time.
DemolitionDan is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 05:33 AM   #7510
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 5736

I know it's not the place for it, but if everybody is going to give his opinion here, so will I.
No scrap that, it's... drumroll...

ROBNEY's WEEKEND WRAPUP!

Then let's start with the Pavlik vs Sigmon fight, wich really just was what it was... Sigmon just can't compete at that level like expected. What he's good at is absorbing punches and tucking them away like a tough journeyman should. Pavlik TKO7

Next up, Rigondeaux assasinated Kennedy (quite sure he acted alone) .
I expected a beatdown, but not quite the way it went down actually, while I even predicted Rigo inside 5.
Almost every big straight left Rigo landed hurt or dropped Teon, but he landed those at the end of the rounds, giving Teon the chance to recover in his corner.
In the 5th (at precisely 1:11 and after the 5th KD), the ref had seen enough and stopped the fight with Kennedy looking in a position to continue but there wasn't any sane person who had given Teon even the slightest chance to make it to the end of the fight.
If my name was Manny I would have said "It went exactly like I thought it would go"... but it isn't. Rigo TKO5

And now the dissapointing sudden end of Arce vs Rojas.
Arce had a dream start, dropping Rojas almost immidiately in round 1, but Rojas then shook it off and actually had Arce in trouble later in that same round.
The 2nd round started just as ferociously as the 1st, with Jesus hitting Jorge with a low blow/headbutt/kidneyshot () combo that would have made Holyfield proud. Then he ended it with a straight right behind Arce's ear who forgot to "protect himself at all times" wich effectively ended the fight right there and then.
Needless to say this was a NC, but Rojas later added Arce was a coward.
To be continued in Arce vs Rojas II.

And now the big payoff to 9 rounds of boreness. Bailey vs Jones.
Like expected Jones fought from the backfoot circling away from Bailey's big right hand and virtually nothing happened. Bayley's output after the 1st was at Safetypin Johnson level and Jones didn't do much either.
After the 9th Bailey was trailing around 1-8 or 2-7 rounds (2 of the judges even had it 0-9) but the end of the 10th suddenly shook everyone awake.
BOOM! Bailey delivered a massive straight right that made Jones land on his back and if the bell hadn't sounded right after that, randall probably could have finished him right there and then.
But Jones recovered nicely and it looked to become the only exciting moment in a dull fight.
But then again at the end of the round, Randall countered Mike with a massive highlight reel uppercut wich shattered Jones' nose and ended the fight in dramatic fashion.
You can't miss the gifs here, so I don't really have to explain what happened. Bailey KO11

Last edited by Robney; 06-13-2012 at 02:09 AM. Reason: name error
Robney is online now  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 05:43 AM   #7511
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

WRAPUP CONTINUED:

....So here we get to the point I won't go into much details about the fight, but rather into the scoring of a fight.
Pacquiao vs Bradley.
Funny thing here is that before this fight was even over there were already threads being made about Bradley being a hypejob, and how his backers were wrong all along... Afterwards we now know 2 of the 3 judges had the fight 76-76 at the end of the 8th!!!
How do these differences occur? One major reason is the way boxing matches are scored, with no difference in scoring between a clear or even big round (it almost never happens a big round is scored 10-8 ) and a close round that can go either way.
So it can happen a fighter loses 5 rounds clearly/big and even gets dropped in one of those, have the other 7 close rounds all scored in his favour, and wins the fight.
You can't actually call that a robbery or say the judges scored it unfairly in a technical sense because that's the huge flaw in the scoring system, but essentially it is just that... a robbery.
There are other sports with simular flaws in their scoring system like tennis.
a easy servicegame counts for exacly as much as a game with 4 unused breakpoints for instance, and a 6-0 set for as much as a 7-6 one.
You can essentially win a match with a 7-6/0-6/0-6/7-6/7-6 score having made far less points as your opponent (Becker vs Stich had someting like that many years ago).
But there's one MAJOR difference. AS A TENNISPLAYER YOU KNOW THE SCORE AND YOU CAN ANTICIPATE ON THAT! You know when it's important to score, and you know when the point doesn't count as much as another one. IN BOXING YOU DON'T! you just have to trust the judges to know what they are doing or even being on the level, but reality shows they aren't.

So that brings us to Pac vs Brat... Can you score it for Bradley with a clear conscience with the 10 point must system? Yes you certainly can! Is it the right score in this situation? Hell no!
There were 4 rounds you could only score for Pac imo, 2 clear ones for Timmeh and 6 rounds that were close enough to make a case for either fighter (some more than others) and I had those 4 to 2 for Pac. I could see those 3/3 also.
That brings me to 116-112 (my score) or 115-113 (if you prefered Timmy's style) for Pac.

I asked the question here why people expected Timmy to get robbed while he was the home fighter afteral... I was probably right that being the home fighter trumps being a ATG.
BB question of how much rounds Bradley needed to win to beat Pac... the answer was 4 or 5
Bradley SD
Old 06-11-2012, 06:40 AM   #7512
BigBone
ESB Addict

Who's BB?
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #7513
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
Who's BB?

The one asking!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #7514
BigBone
ESB Addict

Who's asking? What?
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #7515
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

He's an ursine little scamp who used to assist Yogi Bear on his misadventures through Jellystone. I'm pretty sure their relationship was innocent and merely platonic, however they did cohabitate...and the gay community does have that whole bear/cub dynamic...

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum