Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #8476
Tackleberry
The Reverse Somersault!
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: ****** Kirks ESB Championships 2012 ******

Cap'n will you be back to take charge of the 2013 League? Am planning to take my second title next year
Tackleberry is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #8477
Tackleberry
The Reverse Somersault!
ESB Addict

Maannnn...

This saturday has soo much great boxing it's incredible..

Macklin/Alcine
Rigo is back
Martinez/Beltran Jr
The inevitable WAR between Maidana/Karass
Cruz/Morel
Ross/Hernandez
Canelo/Josesito

and MARTINEZ/CHAVEZ!!!

WAR BAWXIN!

Last edited by Tackleberry; 09-12-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Tackleberry is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #8478
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 11500

Sup with everybody picking Masternak to get stopped?

Have we forgotten that he's pretty damn good? ...and eleven years younger than this fellow 27-0 "prospect' of his?

Of course, the Spaniard has lots of scary tats and looks like he belongs in prison , so that could factor into people's rationale...
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #8479
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 3274

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post

Of course, the Spaniard has lots of scary tats and looks like he belongs in prison
Very hard pick... and I have a feeling the "Master" might lose. And we all know the Spaniards have the best peds (Mediterranean Side Meth)
Robney is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #8480
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988

Quote:

Have we forgotten that he's pretty damn good? ...and eleven years younger than this fellow 27-0 "prospect' of his?

Of course, the Spaniard has lots of scary tats and looks like he belongs in prison , so that could factor into people's rationale...
I got Masternak (Vitali II)
Malden is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #8481
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionDan View Post
Hey! Kirk is back! Welcome back oh captain, my captain!

I'm going to make a fortune this Saturday, WOO HOO!

Also, some great news, ESPN and HBO have reached a deal. There should be more boxing on ESPN now. About time, and about time Ken Hershman finally makes a good deal. Better late than never, I suppose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
Welcome back, Kirk!
Hey thanks DD n Malden
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #8482
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Wait...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

... KIRK?!?!
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #8483
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
Kirk, buddy!

So the aliens finally released you I see (I get the coverstory about the marines, I would use something like that too), but does it mean you're back at full strength?
Not quite sure how you found out the truth but since its leaked anyways, ya the aliens didnt release me I managed to escape, its actually a long treacherous story, might make a good movie someday lol. Good to see you Robney.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #8484
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
Holy hell....

I came in a week or so ago expecting to find a ravished and dead thread, its nice to at least see its not completely in the gutter, and besides that its a sticky? wtf? lol... funny.

Well, I just wanted to come in and say hi to you all. I was going to make a seperate thread in the lounge because I didnt think this would still be up and kicking... but since this is here Ill just say it here.

I hope each and every one of you are doing well, in life. I think about you guys believe it or not, and this league in general, often.

Ive been away for so long mainly because I didnt feel it was right for me to come back without doing any updates, then I left in july for field training for the Marines in california, I knew there was no hope of me being able to do all the past updates, even with the new way of doing it that i was going to put. This summer Ive also started my own business and its a chore and a half trying to get that off the ground into something that can be called functioning lol.

But anyways, it really is nice to see the names, the league, and to see it still up and going. Awesome.... I hope nobody is too bitter or pissed at me, I wish you could understand the things I tried to do to get things updated. (I even tried paying people in real life actual money to help me with the updates lol)

But during the summer, between road trips where im away for a week (which was the worst road trip for me ever), military training where i dont even have computer access for weeks, and other summer stuff that take me away, with me already being behind, getting the updates out just wasnt a possibility for me.

Like I said, I hope many can understand, and why I havent been posting is because I cant feel right posting when people were expecting updates.... and with my business and other things that ive been starting up along with studies its just been a complete tornado.

So I wanted to apologize, I understand if people are forever pissed at me lol, but regardless.... I hope you are all doing good on a personal note, and not a week goes by that I dont think of the league and you all.

*Side note, the Ward Dawson fight was amazing to me, I didnt think Ward would win (i know i know) and the way in which he did win was just impressive as hell to me. Now I am out of my mind for Martinez vs Chavez.

Ok everyone, thinking about ya (no homo, no creepo) and hope everyone is doing good, and I know some of you had children, hope that is going well I understand if people are pissed off at me though.

where in cali...and what business bro ??

you were here in cali and didnt call me
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #8485
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
Cap'n will you be back to take charge of the 2013 League? Am planning to take my second title next year
Its awesome to see ya Tackle! Hope everythings going good m'man.

Heres the thing on next year. Straight up.

I would LOVE to come back 'full time' so to speak lol, and have our league return to its regular ways of operation.

However, on my end I would want two things to make next year succesful.

- Less fights picked (I would want it to be more around the 25 fights a month number, give or take a few in either direction depending on the month) I know that sucks for the hardcore fight group... but it just makes it a more manageable in every single aspect of the league. On the other hand, I understand where hardcores are coming from wanting lots of fights.

- When I have to leave for a week (or two/three which is usually the case in July, which is when we tend to do our longest training) or for any reason, if theres a system in place (be it one like Rummy uses, meaning everyone kinda 'updates' it as we go) Maybe we would have a selected 5 member group that could each take a turn updating the picks every day that Im gone (so nobody would be doing too much, one person does it one day and another person another day, ect) or whatever, it would be easy enough to come up with a system. But that way when I come back from being gone its not so far behind that updating it becomes immense.

Those two things would help out amazingly, and I believe we could go back to our succesful ways. However, number two would be the most helpful by far. Just having a trusted 4 or 5 man squad that could each take turns to copy down picks as we go when Im gone.

Last edited by kirk; 09-12-2012 at 05:47 PM.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #8486
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak View Post
where in cali...and what business bro ??

you were here in cali and didnt call me
FREDDY!!!!

I was in a place called camp pendleton, and for the most part I was up in the hills with no freedom to do anything But at the end when we got libo for a day i think we went to a town called ocean side or something. It was about an hour away from where we were but I dont think we were close to centro at all, might have been near San Diego though.

As for business, well man Ive actually started my own lil clothing operation lol, nothing major at all, and not on a big scale, just little things around my town. Have it registered, liscenced, resellers permit and all that. Got my screen printer which was expensive as hell n pretty much everything I need to start up besides a really good shirt manufacturer, which Im in the process of doing now (I guess im going to go with cygnus sportswear, was a pain in the ass so far to find one so now that ive found them thinking of just sticking with them) And Ive got kind three different shirt 'companies' so to speak that will have their own styles, feels, n themes.

We will see how it goes, hoping there can be a little market here locally and online to at least move some merchandise . Ive got like three other business ideas that are better to me but the others cost too much money to start up for me to (one is a website idea and i have no clue how to make websites lol) do right now right now, so figured id go with the simple ones first n see how it does.

Anyways, also some friends n I are starting up another lil webshow Will be called 'The Mixed Brew', will hopefully have some episodes out this weekend for the Chavez vs Martinez fight and a recap on Ward vs Dawson lol.

How you doing though man? How is your job doing?
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #8487
David B
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?
vCash: 250

welcome back Kirk
i posted your pm to me in this thread several months ago
as you see everything is still alive and kicking
looking forward to Kirk's league in 2013
good luck with your business man
David B is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #8488
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B View Post
welcome back Kirk
i posted your pm to me in this thread several months ago
as you see everything is still alive and kicking
looking forward to Kirk's league in 2013
good luck with your business man
Hey thanks David I appreciate it man Good to see you btw, hope youre doing good.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #8489
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk View Post
FREDDY!!!!

I was in a place called camp pendleton, and for the most part I was up in the hills with no freedom to do anything But at the end when we got libo for a day i think we went to a town called ocean side or something. It was about an hour away from where we were but I dont think we were close to centro at all, might have been near San Diego though.

As for business, well man Ive actually started my own lil clothing operation lol, nothing major at all, and not on a big scale, just little things around my town. Have it registered, liscenced, resellers permit and all that. Got my screen printer which was expensive as hell n pretty much everything I need to start up besides a really good shirt manufacturer, which Im in the process of doing now (I guess im going to go with cygnus sportswear, was a pain in the ass so far to find one so now that ive found them thinking of just sticking with them) And Ive got kind three different shirt 'companies' so to speak that will have their own styles, feels, n themes.

We will see how it goes, hoping there can be a little market here locally and online to at least move some merchandise . Ive got like three other business ideas that are better to me but the others cost too much money to start up for me to (one is a website idea and i have no clue how to make websites lol) do right now right now, so figured id go with the simple ones first n see how it does.

Anyways, also some friends n I are starting up another lil webshow Will be called 'The Mixed Brew', will hopefully have some episodes out this weekend for the Chavez vs Martinez fight and a recap on Ward vs Dawson lol.

How you doing though man? How is your job doing?
fool...you were about an hr and a half away, that aint far at all
i'm always up in san diego...

anyways, that's good man...anything to keep you busy and make you some loot is always good...

my business is great...going on two years now and i aint had a slow month since....
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #8490
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak View Post
fool...you were about an hr and a half away, that aint far at all
i'm always up in san diego...

anyways, that's good man...anything to keep you busy and make you some loot is always good...

my business is great...going on two years now and i aint had a slow month since....
Awesome to hear man, I hope the success continues for you.
kirk is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum