Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-25-2007, 06:56 AM   #1
dave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Pavlik/Mayweather

This could be a hell of a fight the greatest boxer of this era vs the knock out artist of this era. If the fight ever happens it would be massive for boxing as both fighters are great at what they do and Pavlik has the fans to make for a great atmosphere. This would be a difficult fight to pick a winner from....no reach advatage for PBF so you figure he would have to use all his tricks and more to avoid the big punches that Pavlik would be raining down on him. Pavlik would have to be careful not to chase PBF too much and avoid looking foolish by missing a lot and growing tired from swinging at air, if he catches PBF with some could shots would it slow him down and become a pavlik fight of power and grit which we know that Pavlik has in abundance.

Or will this fight never happen due to politics size or time, I hope it does.
dave is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 07:10 AM   #2
slo100
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 200
Default Re: Pavlik/Mayweather

I doubt it would happen, Mayweather is getting more and more concerned about testing his mettle. Not taking anything away from his skill but he knows that fights like Hatton and De La Hoya really force him to pull out his A game and anyone who disagrees can't explain then why he didn't knock hatton out earlier and why he didn't win by more than a split decision against de la hoya. Pavlik would be way to big and way to strong.. surely Pavlik is very crude whence compared to Mayweather, but his height and reach advantage, let alone power and chin would be way too much for Mayweather, IF Pavlik didn't manage to connect with his power shots(which would surely end Mayweathers night) he would still take the decision on aggressiveness and points, even if he's not hitting clean Pavlik would throw non stop on Mayweathers guard all night and land so much that no level of precision pot-shotting could sway the judges in Mayweathers favour, as such offense would not slow down Pavlik in the slightest.
slo100 is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 07:19 AM   #3
TFFP

vCash:

Mayweather could very easily win this fight, and I wouldn't even be suprised to see him hurt Pavlik, if not stop him
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2007, 08:10 AM   #4
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Mayweather could very easily win this fight, and I wouldn't even be suprised to see him hurt Pavlik, if not stop him
i was about to rip you a new ass hole and **** you through it but then i remembered you are a 16 year old british chav hatton fan.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 08:12 AM   #5
startown81
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 708

Quote:
No way. Thats ridiculas. I would be very suprised if mayweather can make it to the 12.
startown81 is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 08:33 AM   #6
guncho
next champion!
ESB Addict

with all respect to Floyd I still think Pavlik would be to big for him! He could outbox him but eventuly would get caught!
guncho is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 08:34 AM   #7
guncho
next champion!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by startown81
No way. Thats ridiculas. I would be very suprised if mayweather can make it to the 12.
same here!
guncho is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 08:42 AM   #8
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
i was about to rip you a new ass hole and **** you through it but then i remembered you are a 16 year old british chav hatton fan.
Hehe...

I'm glad I've wound you up at some point. I'm 21, and I'm not really a great Hatton fan and have only ever bigged him up to wind up spastic yanks such as yourself. Looks like it worked

I think you'd all be suprised. Pavlik is just not very good. He is just waiting to get knocked out, and it will happen when he faces a better fighter than Jermain Taylor. You can't hit what you can't catch, Mayweather would see him coming a mile off and would counter with absolute ease to an easy decision
Old 12-25-2007, 09:10 AM   #9
Pro
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 105

Quote:
Hehe...

I'm glad I've wound you up at some point. I'm 21, and I'm not really a great Hatton fan and have only ever bigged him up to wind up spastic yanks such as yourself. Looks like it worked

I think you'd all be suprised. Pavlik is just not very good. He is just waiting to get knocked out, and it will happen when he faces a better fighter than Jermain Taylor. You can't hit what you can't catch, Mayweather would see him coming a mile off and would counter with absolute ease to an easy decision
This has been done before i think it may be 4 or 5 of us (in the forum) who think Floyd would beat Pavlik from here on out be prepared to be called all types of names and other discrepencies but just know if the fight did happen you would win a lot of money...

Pavlik is a slow 1,2,1,2 fighter and wouldn't be able to knock Floyd out over the course of 12 rounds he's flat footed and very obvious all he has is a puncher's chance but all anybody has ever had against Floyd is a punchers chance and he's no different. Speed and technique wins Floyd the middleweight championship of the world.
Pro is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 09:14 AM   #10
pioterbezkitu
Juan Manuel Marquez
ESB Senior Member

I'm a huge Pavlik supporter but I actually can see PBF winning a boring UD, scoring with two or three clean punches per round, slipping Pavlik's punches, grabbing and running.
pioterbezkitu is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #11
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro
This has been done before i think it may be 4 or 5 of us (in the forum) who think Floyd would beat Pavlik from here on out be prepared to be called all types of names and other discrepencies but just know if the fight did happen you would win a lot of money...

Pavlik is a slow 1,2,1,2 fighter and wouldn't be able to knock Floyd out over the course of 12 rounds he's flat footed and very obvious all he has is a puncher's chance but all anybody has ever had against Floyd is a punchers chance and he's no different. Speed and technique wins Floyd the middleweight championship of the world.
I don't give a shit, they know precisely **** all about boxing

No way somebody as crude and predictable as Pavlik can beat Mayweather, no matter how much bigger or more powerful he is
Old 12-25-2007, 09:19 AM   #12
Goose
Russian oligarch
ESB Addict

vCash: 550

there is noway Mayweather would be able to hang around with Pavlik
the man is just too big
Goose is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 09:21 AM   #13
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru

vCash: 277

Pavlik KO. Early at that.
196osh is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 09:23 AM   #14
P.4.P.G.O.A.T.
Q Boro Killa Bee
ESB Addict

vCash: 13418

Wow - this might be the stupidest forum in history - you guys are talking about a fight between a guy who has a hard time making 160 and a natural 135 pounder. If you want to talk about what if's, who wins a fight between Floyd and Pacquiao.
P.4.P.G.O.A.T. is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 09:25 AM   #15
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.4.P.G.O.A.T.
Wow - this might be the stupidest forum in history - you guys are talking about a fight between a guy who has a hard time making 160 and a natural 135 pounder. If you want to talk about what if's, who wins a fight between Floyd and Pacquiao.
That suggestion is a whole lot dumber

We need a newbie forum, where we can choose to promote the decent posters, and ditch the spastics like yourself

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum