Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2007, 10:55 PM   #61
Pro
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 882
vCash: 105
Default Re: Pavlik/Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly
Brains over brawn would apply in something like.....accounting. This is boxing, and it's brawn over brains and skills. This is the whole reason we have different weight classes every few pounds. What did you think the purpose was in that? Little guys can beat bigger guys WITHIN REASON, but at a certain point the gap in size will equate to the little guy just being bitch-slapped the canvas. Note that every argument you and the other idiots favoring floyd have made could ALSO be applied if he fought a prime Riddick Bowe, George Foreman, Vitali Klitschko, etc. and are therefore fallacies. Your counter argument to that will be that those guys are much bigger than Pavlik, so it's not the same. The fallacy there is that you underestimate just how VERY significant Kelly's size advantage is over Floyd. Kelly is a huge middleweight, as big as they get. He could easily fight at 168 or even 175. Floyd is a small welter who could still make 140 no problem.

Floyd would be swatted like a little fly. Bitch slapped to the canvas. Endo story.

Yeah same shit they said about Roy fighting a heavyweight this is fighting and i can't believe that people are still on that lil kid shit (oh he's bigger and stronger that means he can kick my ass) just because i guy is bigger and stronger doesn't mean he's going to win so your going to sit there and say Kelly Pavlik has better boxing skills than Floyd Mayweather???

Never!!!

Kelly Pavlik is like a few inches taller than Floyd but also light years slower if Floyd walks into the ring at 155 he beats Kelly Pavlik at 160 no matter what Kelly weighs on fight night.

You can't say Floyd Mayweather could fight and beat a Riddick Bowe or George Foreman we're talking about welterweights and middleweights need i remind you when there was no 154 division it was just 147-160
Billy Conn beat the hell outta Joe Louis before he got stupid so please yo i don't wanna hear Floyd Mayweather has no chance at beating someone as simple as Kelly Pavlik
Pro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2007, 11:00 PM   #62
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pavlik/Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro
Yeah same shit they said about Roy fighting a heavyweight this is fighting and i can't believe that people are still on that lil kid shit (oh he's bigger and stronger that means he can kick my ass) just because i guy is bigger and stronger doesn't mean he's going to win so your going to sit there and say Kelly Pavlik has better boxing skills than Floyd Mayweather???

Never!!!

Kelly Pavlik is like a few inches taller than Floyd but also light years slower if Floyd walks into the ring at 155 he beats Kelly Pavlik at 160 no matter what Kelly weighs on fight night.

You can't say Floyd Mayweather could fight and beat a Riddick Bowe or George Foreman we're talking about welterweights and middleweights need i remind you when there was no 154 division it was just 147-160
Billy Conn beat the hell outta Joe Louis before he got stupid so please yo i don't wanna hear Floyd Mayweather has no chance at beating someone as simple as Kelly Pavlik
I agree.

I think you should make arrangements to slap him around yourself.

I know a guy that knows a guy that can make it happen.

PM me if you want the details.
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:06 PM   #63
Pro
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 882
vCash: 105
Default Re: Pavlik/Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by capfunds
I agree.

I think you should make arrangements to slap him around yourself.

I know a guy that knows a guy that can make it happen.

PM me if you want the details.
Don't get Kelly Pavlik done dirty bruh he's a trained fighter....me i love watching boxing and arguing my points but the guns a come out and i ain't really trying to do all that he gotta family i gotta family so what you tryna prove is the real question???

By the way he is a very simple fighter slow...plodding...left....right...has never fought anybody with any type of defense or movement and he gets hit alot so what makes him special because he hits hard???

Naw its because he's white right....tell the truth???
Pro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:17 PM   #64
elTerrible
TeamElite General Manager
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: The Hood
Posts: 5,703
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pavlik/Mayweather

I dont neccissarily think that PBF would be getting KOed.

Spinks fought the much larger Taylor and ran all night and never got hurt.

It is reasonable to assume PBF could run from Pavlic. Its also reasonable to think he could even get a UD.

Duran lasted 12 with Hagler and he started way back at lightweight.
elTerrible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:26 PM   #65
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pavlik/Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro
Don't get Kelly Pavlik done dirty bruh he's a trained fighter....me i love watching boxing and arguing my points but the guns a come out and i ain't really trying to do all that he gotta family i gotta family so what you tryna prove is the real question???

By the way he is a very simple fighter slow...plodding...left....right...has never fought anybody with any type of defense or movement and he gets hit alot so what makes him special because he hits hard???

Naw its because he's white right....tell the truth???


I don't know. I can't answer that question. Why don't you tell me?

I see what people do in the ring. I don't care about race because to me we're all the same people.

The thing that drives people apart when it comes to race is fear. And if you don't fear your surroundings or your environment and realize that no one dictates your life in the end, but God, then you'll be okay regardless of what prejudices people have against you, white, black, or brown.

If someone does judge me and put me at fault for an attribute that I cannot control, then I accept my fate, deal with it, and remember the one I really serve and the true judge. You know, the one that watches over us.

Anyway, I was kidding about what I said about being able to set something up, but I think I've identified the source of your view and while I may be wrong, it appears it comes down to race.

Thing is, you gotta look past that kind of shit or the progression that everyone dreams of is never gonna happen.

Shit, to be honest, I don't think it ever will, but in my mind, there is serenity.

But back to Pavlik vs Mayweather.

It is true that Pavlik doesn't have the fastest hands, nor does he have the best footwork. In fact, if I wasn't so uncertain about Taylor's dedication to training, ring intelligence or lack thereof (mostly due to laziness when it comes to watching film), and being too much of a fighter than a boxer, I would have picked him to beat Pavlik the first time and the next.

Fact is though Taylor didn't move when he got pinned against the ropes, and moved too damn much in the beggining of the fight.

He didn't box when he should have. Who knows, maybe he'll change things up a little in the rematch and do things right.

If Taylor could put it all together, in my opinion, he could be one of the greatest middleweights of all time. He has the tools to beat Pavlik. He has fast hands, great athleticsm, lots of power, has a great jab when he uses, and I've seen him box beautifully.

Mayweather has all this shit too, but the thing is, I think he's just too small, and while Pavlik isn't the greatest fighter of all time, he's pretty good. He throws a lot of punches, punches hard, has a great jab, a lot of heart, and he's tall and rangy.

And honestly, all and all, he's gonna punch Floyd wherever he can, and Floyd is gonna have a hard time lettin his hands go to hit Pavlik. If Pavlik can handle Taylor's speed and reach, regardless of where Taylor is in comparison to Floyd's mental game, (obviously not in the same league), I just don't see Floyd being able to withstand the punishment.

Could it happen, of course, but like another poster said, it's highly improbable.

As far as the race thing is concerned though, that's something you need to decide for yourself. I can't help you with that. That's on you.
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:27 PM   #66
Still~style
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 467
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pavlik/Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless
i was about to rip you a new ass hole and **** you through it but then i remembered you are a 16 year old british chav hatton fan.
thank you
Still~style is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:34 PM   #67
sthomas
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,003
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pavlik/Mayweather

Good point CapFunds: "And honestly, all and all, he's gonna punch Floyd wherever he can, and Floyd is gonna have a hard time lettin his hands go to hit Pavlik. If Pavlik can handle Taylor's speed and reach, regardless of where Taylor is in comparison to Floyd's mental game, (obviously not in the same league), I just don't see Floyd being able to withstand the punishment. "

This is something I didn't think about till you mentined it.
sthomas is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:10 AM   #68
Pro
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 882
vCash: 105
Default Re: Pavlik/Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by capfunds


I don't know. I can't answer that question. Why don't you tell me?

I see what people do in the ring. I don't care about race because to me we're all the same people.

The thing that drives people apart when it comes to race is fear. And if you don't fear your surroundings or your environment and realize that no one dictates your life in the end, but God, then you'll be okay regardless of what prejudices people have against you, white, black, or brown.

If someone does judge me and put me at fault for an attribute that I cannot control, then I accept my fate, deal with it, and remember the one I really serve and the true judge. You know, the one that watches over us.

Anyway, I was kidding about what I said about being able to set something up, but I think I've identified the source of your view and while I may be wrong, it appears it comes down to race.

Thing is, you gotta look past that kind of shit or the progression that everyone dreams of is never gonna happen.

Shit, to be honest, I don't think it ever will, but in my mind, there is serenity.

But back to Pavlik vs Mayweather.

It is true that Pavlik doesn't have the fastest hands, nor does he have the best footwork. In fact, if I wasn't so uncertain about Taylor's dedication to training, ring intelligence or lack thereof (mostly due to laziness when it comes to watching film), and being too much of a fighter than a boxer, I would have picked him to beat Pavlik the first time and the next.

Fact is though Taylor didn't move when he got pinned against the ropes, and moved too damn much in the beggining of the fight.

He didn't box when he should have. Who knows, maybe he'll change things up a little in the rematch and do things right.

If Taylor could put it all together, in my opinion, he could be one of the greatest middleweights of all time. He has the tools to beat Pavlik. He has fast hands, great athleticsm, lots of power, has a great jab when he uses, and I've seen him box beautifully.

Mayweather has all this shit too, but the thing is, I think he's just too small, and while Pavlik isn't the greatest fighter of all time, he's pretty good. He throws a lot of punches, punches hard, has a great jab, a lot of heart, and he's tall and rangy.

And honestly, all and all, he's gonna punch Floyd wherever he can, and Floyd is gonna have a hard time lettin his hands go to hit Pavlik. If Pavlik can handle Taylor's speed and reach, regardless of where Taylor is in comparison to Floyd's mental game, (obviously not in the same league), I just don't see Floyd being able to withstand the punishment.

Could it happen, of course, but like another poster said, it's highly improbable.

As far as the race thing is concerned though, that's something you need to decide for yourself. I can't help you with that. That's on you.
I think you need to read the question again

I asked what made him special???

Was it the fact that he's an white fighter???

Cause i don't see shit great about him???

Yet Floyd Mayweather is the greatest fighter on the planet and all day long people criticize his choice of opponents his fighting style even his personal life...yet and still this guy has the best skill set i've ever seen in boxing.

But you did answer the question as far as what you thought made Kelly Pavlik as good as you think he is so i appreciate that but by no means does race have to do with anything I gotta few white cats that i can call just for the cause of scrapping somebody whether they be black white purple whatever so naw i ain't racist i just wanted a answer to the question.
Pro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:26 AM   #69
BITCH ASS
"Too Fast"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pavlik/Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro
I think you need to read the question again

I asked what made him special???

Was it the fact that he's an white fighter???

Cause i don't see shit great about him???

Yet Floyd Mayweather is the greatest fighter on the planet and all day long people criticize his choice of opponents his fighting style even his personal life...yet and still this guy has the best skill set i've ever seen in boxing.

But you did answer the question as far as what you thought made Kelly Pavlik as good as you think he is so i appreciate that but by no means does race have to do with anything I gotta few white cats that i can call just for the cause of scrapping somebody whether they be black white purple whatever so naw i ain't racist i just wanted a answer to the question.
I don't know man.........I don't have time for this.

Watch him.......what he does in the ring will define who he is..........on this forum.

Merry Christmas.
BITCH ASS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:44 AM   #70
bigbite
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 31
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pavlik/Mayweather

the size difference is to much for Floyd to take that risk
bigbite is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:41 AM   #71
Pro
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 882
vCash: 105
Default Re: Pavlik/Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by capfunds
I don't know man.........I don't have time for this.

Watch him.......what he does in the ring will define who he is..........on this forum.

Merry Christmas.
So far he's fought one dimensional fighters like himself...Jermain Taylor was a great win i take nothing away from him with that W but other than that he ain't done squat and the way the people in this forum amp him up is sickening...its almost Ricky Hatton like if Jermain Taylor keeps his hands up this go round he'll win...Floyd would outbox Kelly and make him look tall and stupid...

And a Happy New Year!
Pro is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:49 AM   #72
hellblazer
All-Time Great™
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: icy undertow
Posts: 2,754
vCash: 75
Default Re: Pavlik/Mayweather

Pavlik by 6th round K.O
hellblazer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 02:08 AM   #73
booradley
Mean People Kick Ass!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 19,936
vCash: 622
Default Re: Pavlik/Mayweather

Micheal Buffer: "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, boxing fans of all ages, let's get ready to RUUUUMMMBBLLE."

Steve Smoger: "Roger, tell your fighter to get back in the ring!"

Roger Mayweather: "Floyd! Floyd! get back here Floyd"

Floyd: "I-I-I c-c-c-c-can't right n-n-now. I'm injured; err, I - I'm gonna be."



Floyd's grandchildren would be born pissing blood if he tangled with Pavlik.

Boo
booradley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013