Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 01-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #61
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where have you gone Shogun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Jones is better but a tap when you are a premier striker is questionable to say the least. It has tainted the image but the Hendo fight helped to bring it back again.
Being tired in a fight when the other fighter is a lot fresher is a terrible feeling.

Both Shogun & big Nog are in my top 5 fav fighters ever probably, there is no LHW or HW I would root for over them in a fight but I have to say Nogueira tapping to a sub was more painful for me to take than Rua tapping from strikes, everything about both fights considered.... & the bottom line is I still think no less of either man, they are legit warriors of the highest order & even guys like Sugar Ray Robinson & Diego Maradona underperformed at times, we`re all human.
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #62
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

vCash: 3111

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbonnie View Post
i dont think we have seen the best of Shogun in the UFC as of yet.

his cardio in nearly every fight has been rubbish to say the least. he would have smashed Hendo only for his crap cardio, and the same for his first with Forrest and the rematch he had here in Dublin with Mark Coleman.

as much as i like Shogun. i dont know if even a perfectly prepared Shogun could beat Jones. jones is just too bloody big. I dont know how the hell he makes 205, but fair play to him for doing it
it was a great fight, and i am glad i got to see...have no issue with hendo, but i was screaming for shogun to take hendos arm when he had him mounted in the 5th...i just thing he was going on pure instinct at that point
timmyjames is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #63
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
That kneee is the most overrated and overstated strike ever thrown in MMA. Look at the gif you just posted. The knee doesn't drop, stagger, or even seem to visibly wobble Shogun, and yet you and others pretend it left some massive effect, as to leave Rua a walking corpse for the rest of the fight. Unless you had some telepathic device which can read Shogun's mind and his nerve endings, the video evidence suggest you're talking utter shit. Don't argue with me, argue with the clip that YOU posted. Shogun can walk through fire, even when he is badly visibly hurt, and yet you (for some reason I don't understand) pretend he was devastated by a strike which had no visible effects whatsoever. Bizarre!
True story
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #64
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
True story

No, it's not.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Bashful as always, but his face scratched and bruised all over, unlike usual, Maurício Shogun asked everyone to start running at 7:05 pm on Tuesday, March 22, kicking off a seminar at the academy of our GMA Vitor Shaolin, in NY.
Three days prior, Maurício’s shogunate in the under-205-lb division of the UFC came to an end in devastating fashion, by the hand and foot of the division’s new commander, Jon Jones, as you and millions of others have already come to know.
Despite his misfortune – and battered moral – the Brazilian forged ahead with his agenda. Forlorn, as was to be expected, but harboring the same humility from his days of glory in Pride FC and his ephemeral reign in the UFC.
“I’m just bummed out,” he lamented over the telephone with Renzo Gracie, while the fourteen pairs spread out over the grey practice area worked on a rib-kick defense the star taught moments earlier.
“He hits hard, I took a knee shot early on and was out of it the whole fight,” he explained.
Marcelo, who helped Shogun with translation and performing the movements too, set the bag with the former champion’s shirts and shorts on the window sill. So the fighter got to teaching and, like a lot of folks good at what they do, dove into the profession. Keep on trucking, as the saying goes. That’s what he did.
Shogun's delusional fanboys apparently know more about how he was feeling in that fight than he does.

Last edited by Thom; 01-06-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Thom is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #65
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom View Post
No, it's not.

Shogun's delusional apparently know more about how he was feeling in that fight than he does.
Idiot, there is no need to listen to what Shogun says.

Or to what Shogun's cornermen say.

Or to what Jon Jones says.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #66
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Belfort View Post
His knees ain't the same, if this version showed up against bones, bones would have been KTFO overeem style
Are you nuts?

No version of Shogun ever beats Jon Jones.

And to answer the question......he hasn't gone anywhere, his PEDs have though.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #67
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
I know. You couldn't make this shit up. These retarded fanboys on here dispute the evidence they can clearly see with their own eyes. Mental!!

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #68
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
That kneee is the most overrated and overstated strike ever thrown in MMA. Look at the gif you just posted. The knee doesn't drop, stagger, or even seem to visibly wobble Shogun, and yet you and others pretend it left some massive effect, as to leave Rua a walking corpse for the rest of the fight. Unless you had some telepathic device which can read Shogun's mind and his nerve endings, the video evidence suggest you're talking utter shit. Don't argue with me, argue with the clip that YOU posted. Shogun can walk through fire, even when he is badly visibly hurt, and yet you (for some reason I don't understand) pretend he was devastated by a strike which had no visible effects whatsoever. Bizarre!
It didn't even make him hesitate for even a split second....he IMMEDIATELY tried to take Jones down and appeared strong on his feet while doing it. It just turned out he was attempting to take down possibly the best wrestler in MMA.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #69
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post

greathamza is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #70
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
scurlaruntings is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum