Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 01-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #31
TerryESB
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 135
Default Re: How do you rate a prime Bob Sapp as a fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liger05 View Post
For someone who didnt take it serious and had little training what he achieved is pretty amazing.
What does Sapps training regimine consist of?He has a tremendous physic.
TerryESB is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #32
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
For someone who didnt take it serious and had little training what he achieved is pretty amazing. I still say his two wins over Hoost rank higher than any of lesner's wins.

Yes but Sapp also beat a legend in Hoost twice in K-1. I dont care it wasnt MMA its still better than Brocks MMA wins.
How so? The same way James Toney's boxing wins could be considered better? How well did James Toney do in mma? It's not better than Lesnar, I can tell you that.

Hoost also had over 100 fights, was nearly 40 years old, and giving up more than 100 lbs in weight. What has Hoost done in mma anyway? Nothing, Tank Abbott would be a better mma win. Maurice Smith definitely would. Can you name some people that beat Smith in mma? I can. Randy Couture did it. You know who beat Randy? Lesnar did.

Kobe Bryants 82 points are more impressive than Joe Kapp's 7 TD passes.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #33
liger05
puroresu fan 4 life!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
How so? The same way James Toney's boxing wins could be considered better? How well did James Toney do in mma? It's not better than Lesnar, I can tell you that.

Hoost also had over 100 fights, was nearly 40 years old, and giving up more than 100 lbs in weight. What has Hoost done in mma anyway? Nothing, Tank Abbott would be a better mma win. Maurice Smith definitely would. Can you name some people that beat Smith in mma? I can. Randy Couture did it. You know who beat Randy? Lesnar did.

I'm not judging Sapps MMA record against Lesner's. I'm judging him as a fighter and those two wins for me are worth more than brocks wins in MMA.

lol @ mentioning Hoosts age and weight compared to sapp and then mentioning brocks win over randy.

Just remind me how old randy was and how much he weighed compared to brock?
liger05 is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #34
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
I'm not judging Sapps MMA record against Lesner's. I'm judging him as a fighter and those two wins for me are worth more than brocks wins in MMA.

lol @ mentioning Hoosts age and weight compared to sapp and then mentioning brocks win over randy.

Just remind me how old randy was and how much he weighed compared to brock?
Fair point on Couture's age, and he was at least 40 lbs lighter; but he was the UFC's linear champion and regarded by many to be the 2nd or 3rd best heavyweight in the world at the time.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #35
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
sapp was as good in kickboxing as brock lesnar was in mma.
Sapp's wild powerful swings + Brock's glass will, chin and body = Sapp win.

The same zombies who picked Brock against Overeem is also now picking him against Sapp. Idiotic zombies
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #36
monaroCountry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post

Hoost wasnt over the hill in 2002 you goose, a few fights after he lost to Sapp he won the K-1 World GP 2002 title against JLB and after his Sapp loss Hoost went on to have an 8 fight winning streak.

Brock on the other hand only beat an over the hill and pretty much already retired Randy and Herring. After Brock Randy lost his next match and started getting beat up by a LHW before finally retiring, after the Brock match Herring finally retired with his one big paycheck.

Quote:
Fair point on Couture's age, and he was at least 40 lbs lighter; but he was the UFC's linear champion and regarded by many to be the 2nd or 3rd best heavyweight in the world at the time.
UFC's linear champion is laughable at best, Randy has lost 11 fights and only won 19 (thats a lot of losses), the guy basically looses every second or third fight lol. Randy like Brock did have the Zuffa hype machine behind them.

Anyone would be vastly outweighed by Bob Sapp, even Brock Lesnar. Bobb was a 6 foot 5inches 341lbs monster.

Also Bob Sapp achieved more in every sport that he took part in. Brock was a failure in football while Sapp actually had a football career.
monaroCountry is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #37
Black2023
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Thing is Bob Sapp in the first few years was formidable enough but then lost interest as he didnt have the biggest courage, same with Brock Lesnar, these guys rely on being so much stronger, but once other fight start to know they can be hurt, or just by fighting a variety of styles...the myth unravels.

Im sure Brock would sill beat Mir, perhaps he has his number perhaps not.

Havent you guys been in sparring when one day your willing to take lots of shots, the other your heart isnt in it>

Tyson by the time Williams and McBride got to him had lost heart and was turning up for the pay day and nothing else.
Black2023 is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #38
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Physical ability with a fragile mind.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #39
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
Sapp's wild powerful swings + Brock's glass will, chin and body = Sapp win.

The same zombies who picked Brock against Overeem is also now picking him against Sapp. Idiotic zombies
sapp also had a glass chin and glass orbital.

HAHAHA U MAD AS SHIT
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #40
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

You are delusional at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that morono cunt View Post
Hoost wasnt over the hill in 2002 you goose, a few fights after he lost to Sapp he won the K-1 World GP 2002 title against JLB and after his Sapp loss Hoost went on to have an 8 fight winning streak.

Anyone would be vastly outweighed by Bob Sapp, even Brock Lesnar. Bobb was a 6 foot 5inches 341lbs monster.

Also Bob Sapp achieved more in every sport that he took part in. Brock was a failure in football while Sapp actually had a football career.
So if Sapp had faced a younger Hoost he would have the same success? You don't think a younger Hoost would have landed something to make Sapp fold?

How was Sapp more successful in every sport he took part in? Lesnar was NCAA wrestling champ. Sapp didn't compete in this area.

Sapp has better K1 wins. Lesnar didn't compete in this area

Lesnar tried to play in the NFL with no college experience. He was picked up by Minesota and cut in the preseason. Sapp played one ****ing in the NFL. Sapp did have a college career, so he did achieve more in that area. Let's look at the flip side. Lesnar achieved almost as much as Sapp did in the NFL, and Lesnar was 9 years removed from high school and just decided to give it a shot. Damn, you just reminded me of what kind of athlete we are talking about here.

Lesnar had the better mma career, by far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by that morono cunt View Post
Brock on the other hand only beat an over the hill and pretty much already retired Randy and Herring. After Brock Randy lost his next match and started getting beat up by a LHW before finally retiring, after the Brock match Herring finally retired with his one big paycheck.

UFC's linear champion is laughable at best, Randy has lost 11 fights and only won 19 (thats a lot of losses), the guy basically looses every second or third fight lol. Randy like Brock did have the Zuffa hype machine behind them.
Yeah, laughable. Gonzaga crushed Cro Cop 9 months after Cro Cop won the Pride Grand Prix. Randy beat Gonzaga like he was a nobody.

Kongo beat Cro Cop after Cro Cop lost to Gonzaga. Herring then beat Kongo. Lesnar beat Herring like he was nothing.

Does this mean Randy and Lesnar were better, all time, than Cro Cop? No. Were Herring and Couture huge wins for a fighter's 3rd and 4th professional outings? Absolutely.

Don't forget the thrashing of Mir in their rematch, or choking out an undefeated Carwin.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #41
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

can you imagine if sapp really took the time to go about crafting a solid game.
say he had two years of solid muay thai and worked his way up to at least purple belt in bjj.
he would be a ****ing KILLER!!
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #42
TerryESB
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 135

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDuX--oM2tM&feature=fvwp&NR=1[/ame]

Look at this sheer display of power. One of those kicks landing on a man would launch the average person like a missile
TerryESB is online now  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #43
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Sapp did well early on because he was working with Maurice Smith. Once he left Mo, he started losing on the regular.

Nice kicks in that video - too bad he never throws them in the ring.

Sapp's accomplishment in K1 is impressive in that he beat Hoost but it doesn't have any bearing on his accomplishments in MMA which were non-existent.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 01:12 AM   #44
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Sapp was training very hard with K-1 fighter Sam Greco up until 2005. Then he stopped training completely, and really went to shit.

Basically, before that Cro Cop took his soul. He was never the same after than KO.
StillWill is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 08:47 AM   #45
SuperiorBeen
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 2986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
sapp was as good in kickboxing as brock lesnar was in mma.
At least Sapp didn't win K1. He only made it in the GP because fans vote for him to be included there.
Like Lesnar he used his gigantic size to overpower his opponents. He had power, not much skill, bad stamina. The fact that in K1 there were only 2 weight classes helped him a lot.
SuperiorBeen is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum