Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Can Oleg beat Sam Peter??

At one point I would have said hell no, but after the McCline fight......
compukiller is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2007, 01:27 PM   #2
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 372
Default Re: Can Oleg beat Sam Peter??

I'm not really sure here but a bit nervous about this, even though I wasn't but the McCline fight was the reason. Honestly though Oleg is too old, if he wins this it will be even bigger than beating Rahman when no one gave him a chance, he's just too old but MIGHT have a puncher's chance.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 01:30 PM   #3
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
I'm not really sure here but a bit nervous about this, even though I wasn't but the McCline fight was the reason. Honestly though Oleg is too old, if he wins this it will be even bigger than beating Rahman when no one gave him a chance, he's just too old but MIGHT have a puncher's chance.
He definetly has a chance against the version of Peter that fought McCline. Mccline had him ready to go, but McCline has always been a terrible finisher. If Oleg gets him in trouble like that, he's done.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
TFFP

vCash:

Definitely possible if he isn't too washed up to even get a shot off

Doesn't take much to get big old Pete on the canvas

Logically I have to favour Peter, 80/20
Old 12-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #5
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by compukiller
He definetly has a chance against the version of Peter that fought McCline. Mccline had him ready to go, but McCline has always been a terrible finisher. If Oleg gets him in trouble like that, he's done.
Yeah I saw that fight, Peter was ready to go alright, if it was Wladimir the fight would've been over right there, maybe earlier. Which is why I don't want to see Peter fight Wladimir till he really proves he plans to train 100% before EVERY fight or else he's getting knocked out within a round or 2. Oleg does have a chance, both of us know that Peter doesn't come 100% focused mentally and physically before every fight, only specific ones that he "thinks" are important. If Peter comes in that horrible shape then he's going to get caught and floored early, you don't get floored THAT early unless it's damn clear you're not in top shape, if he isn't then Oleg's power WILL floor him or at least wobble him and keep him backing up.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 01:37 PM   #6
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yeah I saw that fight, Peter was ready to go alright, if it was Wladimir the fight would've been over right there, maybe earlier. Which is why I don't want to see Peter fight Wladimir till he really proves he plans to train 100% before EVERY fight or else he's getting knocked out within a round or 2. Oleg does have a chance, both of us know that Peter doesn't come 100% focused mentally and physically before every fight, only specific ones that he "thinks" are important. If Peter comes in that horrible shape then he's going to get caught and floored early, you don't get floored THAT early unless it's damn clear you're not in top shape, if he isn't then Oleg's power WILL floor him or at least wobble him and keep him backing up.
What if Oleg beat Peter, then proceeded to march through the division and unify all 4 major titles.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #7
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
What if Oleg beat Peter, then proceeded to march through the division and unify all 4 major titles.
Okay, that's too much.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #8
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Okay, that's too much.
A man can dream, can't he? But if he beats Peter, that sets a up a mega fight with WALD.
Old 12-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #9
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Nope. Oleg had a glass jaw in his prime, and I doubt it's gotten any better with age. Peter's chin may not be as good as we thought, but it's not as bad as the McCline fight indicated either. He'll win this fight rather easily and rather early - and then people will be singing his praises once again.
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #10
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
A man can dream, can't he? But if he beats Peter, that sets a up a mega fight with WALD.
And a brutal knockout, sad to say it but both of us know it's the truth.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #11
TFFP

vCash:

Let's be honest, neither stands anything more than a punchers chance against Wlad. With the way Wlad has improved in terms of not getting hit, that chance has diminished to a pretty small percentage

Peter eats too many burgers, can't be arsed, and has a suspect chin

Maskaev is spending too much time on the beach, and not enough boxing
Old 12-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #12
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman
Nope. Oleg had a glass jaw in his prime, and I doubt it's gotten any better with age. Peter's chin may not be as good as we thought, but it's not as bad as the McCline fight indicated either. He'll win this fight rather easily and rather early - and then people will be singing his praises once again.
Peter's chin IS granite, you just can't take bomb after another vs Wladimir and SO early in the fight till the last round if you didn't have a great chin. Hell, even fighters with solid chins fell to the canvas after taking bombs from Wladimir yet Peter kept taking them and was the one dropping Wladimir to the canvas. Maybe those bombs got to him?, it's a big possibility since Wladimir's power is just insane or it could be that Peter wasn't in good condition that fight. You know that conditioning improves the ability to take a punch.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #13
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
And a brutal knockout, sad to say it but both of us know it's the truth.
Yes, but with what would be a career high purse, Oleg will be smiling all the way to the hospital.

WALD KO 5 Oleg
Old 12-25-2007, 01:47 PM   #14
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yes, but with what would be a career high purse, Oleg will be smiling all the way to the hospital.

WALD KO 5 Oleg

Last edited by Holmes' Jab; 11-24-2006 at 08:32 AM.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 12-25-2007, 01:48 PM   #15
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Peter's chin IS granite, you just can't take bomb after another vs Wladimir and SO early in the fight till the last round if you didn't have a great chin. Hell, even fighters with solid chins fell to the canvas after taking bombs from Wladimir yet Peter kept taking them and was the one dropping Wladimir to the canvas. Maybe those bombs got to him?, it's a big possibility since Wladimir's power is just insane or it could be that Peter wasn't in good condition that fight. You know that conditioning improves the ability to take a punch.
Maybe Peter is shot

But I do find it alarming that a younger, not as good version of WALD decimated a prime Mccline, while an old damaged, juiced up Mccline took Peter to the edge.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum