Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want Floyd Mayweather Jr. To Fight On May 5, 2012?
I Want Floyd To Fight Saul Alvarez 45 65.22%
I Want Floyd To Fight Robert Guererro 7 10.14%
I'm Not Sure Who I Want Floyd To Fight On May 5, 2012 17 24.64%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #16
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by doylexxx View Post
Inhouseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Boy you got flomos owned on the other thread.

Please take the pleasure in quoting this thread to those thread and slap them on flomo's face.

CoDer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #17
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
Yes, both are promoted by Golden Boy Promotions.

It does appear to be an in-house fight, and it does appear that this fight was set-up before today.

So, no blame for Pac here, IMO.
Indeed it was...

That why Floyd keeps on shouting "Cinco De Mayo"
CoDer is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #18
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

The part the thread starter left out LOL

The foursome are to be presented as options on or after January 10 by Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum, and his advisor, Michael Koncz., in his native Philippines.

"This is still all very, very confusing to me, but May 5 has never been an acceptable date for Manny, but we will just have to see. I will discuss everything with Manny when I'm there, and we'll see," said Arum.

Schaefer and Arum have twice failed to make a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight in the past over the issue of drug testing, and Schaefer does not believe that Arum is serious about making the matchup.

"Once it became apparent that Bob Arum is not interested in a Mayweather fight -- and he can say whatever he wants to say -- but I do hope that fight fans and the media are starting to realize that he never had any intentions to get that fight done. There are many reasons why," said Schaefer .

"First, Manny wasn't available in May, and he was going to fight in June. Then when it was apparent that Mayweather was going to fight in may, suddenly, Pacquiao's going to fight in May. And now, he knows that Mayweather's going to fight in May, and, suddenly, Pacquiao is not available in May. It's so clear that we they don't want the fight that we'll move on."
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #19
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
nice try idiot

MAYWEATHER AVOIDS JAIL FOR NOW, EYES PACQUIAO, ALVAREZ, GUERRERO BOUTS

read the own damn title of what articles you're trying to share
So Floyd all of the sudden now willing to negotiate even if Pacman won't drop the lawsuit?
CoDer is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #20
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
After watching Alvarez-Gomez, I give Alvarez less than a 10% chance to win a bout against Mayweather. He'll almost certainly get schooled.

Good choice by Team Floyd, from a business perspective.
Definitely. He's wayyyyyy too stiff and basic. His only hope is to land his biggest shot, hope Floyd doesn't see it coming, and follow up perfectly like his life depends on it.
JMP is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #21
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Yes, both are promoted by Golden Boy Promotions.

It does appear to be an in-house fight, and it does appear that this fight was set-up before today.

So, no blame for Pac here, IMO.
This is embarrassing. So what if it's set-up? Why dont Arum call his bluff? Exactly.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #22
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
So Floyd all of the sudden now willing to negotiate even if Pacman won't drop the lawsuit?
Hey coder, what's up with arum saying pac won't be ready for early MAY?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #23
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Both BS fights, I wanna see Floyd whoop the lil monkeys azz, buuuut seeing as team Pac will do anything to avoid that fight, Martinez would be great just proli a little to big for Floyd, really hes ran out of options.
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #24
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
Alvarez. Guerrero is a better fighter than Alvarez, but he has never fought at welterweight or above. At least Alvarez has a small puncher's chance. Not a great fight, though. Does nothing for Mayweather in an all-time sense.
If Alvarez goes on to be a great fighter then yes it does.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #25
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

What kind of reporting are you doing? What you claim is NOTHING like what the article states.. You claim to not take sides?!?

"This is still all very, very confusing to me, but May 5 has never been an acceptable date for Manny, but we will just have to see. I will discuss everything with Manny when I'm there, and we'll see," said Arum.

"I don't see where this advances anything, but I'll absolutely bring Floyd's name up, but, I mean, do you think that Manny's in a vaccuum and doesn't know what's happening?"

"Once it became apparent that Bob Arum is not interested in a Mayweather fight -- and he can say whatever he wants to say -- but I do hope that fight fans and the media are starting to realize that he never had any intentions to get that fight done. There are many reasons why," said Schaefer.

"First, Manny wasn't available in May, and he was going to fight in June. Then when it was apparent that Mayweather was going to fight in may, suddenly, Pacquiao's going to fight in May. And now, he knows that Mayweather's going to fight in May, and, suddenly, Pacquiao is not available in May. It's so clear that we they don't want the fight that we'll move on."

"It's very clear that one of the names which we get a lot of requests and questions about is Saul Canelo Alvarez. So we'll have to have to see, but Canelo would love that fight. I know Robert Guerrero would love that fight as well. We are going to be working in the next few days to finalize his opponent, so, I think that you're going to get some news next week," said Schaefer.

"My hope is that in the next few days that we have everything lined up, because we have put tremendous effort and work into it already from a marketing and from a venue and from a negotiating point of view with the potential opponents. So we are pretty much ready to go, and will try to get everything firmed up next week."

Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #26
Brauer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
nice try idiot

MAYWEATHER AVOIDS JAIL FOR NOW, EYES PACQUIAO, ALVAREZ, GUERRERO BOUTS

read the own damn title of what articles you're trying to share
According to Schaefer, the candidates other than Pacquiao appear to have been narrowed down to RING No. 2-rated lightweight Robert Guerrero, a five-belt winner over the course of three divisions, and RING No. 2-ranked junior middleweight Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, holder of his division's WBC crown
Brauer is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #27
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
The part the thread starter left out LOL

The foursome are to be presented as options on or after January 10 by Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum, and his advisor, Michael Koncz., in his native Philippines.

Schaefer and Arum have twice failed to make a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight in the past over the issue of drug testing, and Schaefer does not believe that Arum is serious about making the matchup.

"Once it became apparent that Bob Arum is not interested in a Mayweather fight -- and he can say whatever he wants to say -- but I do hope that fight fans and the media are starting to realize that he never had any intentions to get that fight done. There are many reasons why," said Schaefer .

Given the TS history, I knew he was telling half of the story! Good job on exposing that bias dude!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #28
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

where was the sergio talk HAHAHAHA

reminds me of his winky "talk" some years back
doylexxx is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:04 PM   #29
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH_718 View Post
If Alvarez goes on to be a great fighter then yes it does.
Well, true, but I don't see anything stand-out about him that leads me to believe he will be. He's always looked okay, nothing more.
JMP is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #30
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
Given the TS history, I knew he was telling half of the story! Good job on exposing that bias dude!
What's dumb is arum says may 5th has never been an acceptable date for manny? Really didn't pac say to pinoy media that may 5th was fine? So either pac or arum is tellin porky pies,

Also if that is the case then the problem of the cut is a smoke screen.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum