Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who Do You Want Floyd Mayweather Jr. To Fight On May 5, 2012?
I Want Floyd To Fight Saul Alvarez 45 65.22%
I Want Floyd To Fight Robert Guererro 7 10.14%
I'm Not Sure Who I Want Floyd To Fight On May 5, 2012 17 24.64%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #31
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladegunner View Post
What's dumb is arum says may 5th has never been an acceptable date for manny? Really didn't pac say to pinoy media that may 5th was fine? So either pac or arum is tellin porky pies,

Also if that is the case then the problem of the cut is a smoke screen.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #32
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Hey coder, what's up with arum saying pac won't be ready for early MAY?
Err... You can burn ARUM all you want blade.

But Floyd's response to Koncz stayed until he drops that demand.
CoDer is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #33
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

I understand debating something, but when there is so much zealotry on one side that the truth gets skewed in such an obvious manner, it's tough to keep cool.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #34
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

nobody knows who guerrero is except hard core fans. LOL at least canelo could sell big. what a pisser
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #35
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:
What's dumb is arum says may 5th has never been an acceptable date for manny? Really didn't pac say to pinoy media that may 5th was fine? So either pac or arum is tellin porky pies,

Also if that is the case then the problem of the cut is a smoke screen.
Man, just in the past couple of hours...The tables have turned...I cant wait to hear what Arum and CO. come up with next.

Pac seriously needs to drop Arum, he's really making Pac look bad here. ( I'm trying to give the Pac the benefit of the doubt but its rather hard to at times) Arum probably lied to Pac for Pac to make that announcement. There no telling though given how they cant get their story straight to save thier life!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #36
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict

How the hell is Robert Guerrero even being considered? The guy is a little light weight, with no power, and no major accomplishments. Floyd would deserve an extra month on his sentence for taking that fight. Atleast Alvarez is Floyd's size. It better be either Pac, Alvarez, or Cotto (and Cotto is a free agent from TR so shouldn't be a problem). Morales is another bs fight.
Eastcoast is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #37
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
Man, just in the past couple of hours...The tables have turned...I cant wait to hear what Arum and CO. come up with next.

Pac seriously needs to drop Arum, he's really making Pac look bad here. ( I'm trying to give the Pac the benefit of the doubt but its rather hard to at times) Arum probably lied to Pac for Pac to make that announcement. There no telling though given how they cant get their story straight to save thier life!
So Floyd's now will to negotiate even if Pacman's court case against him stands?
CoDer is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #38
dwighttsharpe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Shut that f*cking Guerrero up.
dwighttsharpe is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #39
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
So Floyd's now will to negotiate even if Pacman's court case against him stands?
Take that weak ass arguement some other place!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #40
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast View Post

How the hell is Robert Guerrero even being considered? The guy is a little light weight, with no power, and no major accomplishments. Floyd would deserve an extra month on his sentence for taking that fight. Atleast Alvarez is Floyd's size. It better be either Pac, Alvarez, or Cotto (and Cotto is a free agent from TR so shouldn't be a problem). Morales is another bs fight.
My guess is that Alvarez has already been selected, but Guerrero is being mentioned so as to make it appear that the fight with Alvarez isn't already set. That is, to make it appear as though Team Floyd hasn't already chosen Alvarez as his opponent.

That way, Arum and Pacquiao can be "blamed" for not making Pac-May on Cinco De Mayo, even if Floyd already picked Alvarez ahead of time. Etc, etc.

For those trying to say I am not presenting the article properly:

Schaefer is saying, basically, Pac-May isn't happening on May 5th. He's just blaming Arum for it.

What that means, in essence, is that it's down to Alvarez or Guerrero. Which is exactly what I said.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #41
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
My guess is that Alvarez has already been selected, but Guerrero is being mentioned so as to make it appear that the fight with Alvarez isn't already set. That is, to make it appear as though Team Floyd hasn't already chosen Alvarez as his opponent.

That way, Arum and Pacquiao can be "blamed" for not making Pac-May on Cinco De Mayo, even if Floyd already picked Alvarez ahead of time. Etc, etc.

For those trying to say I am not presenting the article properly:

Schaefer is saying, basically, Pac-May isn't happening on May 5th. He's just blaming Arum for it.

What that means, in essence, is that it's down to Alvarez or Guerrero. Which is exactly what I said.
Arum already said he wasn't interested in making the Pacquiao-Floyd for May 5th. He said it back in December and he said it again now. Why is it inaccurate for Schaefer to blame him for it?
purephase is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #42
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
Take that weak ass arguement some other place!
That's what Floyd said to Koncz when Koncz visited him boy.

What weak ass argument are you talking about kid?

It's so weak you can easily counter it right?
CoDer is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #43
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
Arum already said he wasn't interested in making the Pacquiao-Floyd for May 5th. He said it back in December and he said it again now. Why is it inaccurate for Schaefer to blame him for it?
Koncz was sent to Floyd. And what was Floyd's response to Koncz?
CoDer is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #44
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
Koncz was sent to Floyd. And what was Floyd's response to Koncz?
I'm sorry, is Koncz a promoter? Arum informed Schaefer via a neutral mediator that he wasn't interested in the fight. He was peddling the cut/not ready for May excuse back then too, although it mysteriously seemed to briefly disappear when Floyd was going to jail and the May 5th date appeared open.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #45
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
I'm sorry, is Koncz a promoter? Arum informed Schaefer via a neutral mediator that he wasn't interested in the fight. He was peddling the cut/not ready for May excuse back then too, although it mysteriously seemed to briefly disappear when Floyd was going to jail and the May 5th date appeared open.
Fair warning...The dude you've posted this to is a known irrational troll..Just giving you a heads up!
Rudyard is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum