Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Who Do You Want Floyd Mayweather Jr. To Fight On May 5, 2012?
I Want Floyd To Fight Saul Alvarez 45 65.22%
I Want Floyd To Fight Robert Guererro 7 10.14%
I'm Not Sure Who I Want Floyd To Fight On May 5, 2012 17 24.64%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #61
PBFred
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 75
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
Well they can say whatever they want.

But I'm going to drill them on Floyd's response to Koncz.

I bet they don't have an answer to that.

"Cinco De Mayo?" Against fighting a Filipino? What a farce.
Are you thick? Go back and look at the last 5 Cinco de Mayo's and tell me the big fights that happened on those dates.
PBFred is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #62
Eastcoast
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,883
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommieforniaglo View Post
May 5 = Canelo for sure, Canelo called him out after his last victory, they are both Golden Boy and more money, as Canelo is the bigger draw. Cinco de Mayo in Vegas Canelo vs. Mayweather, that will be bigger than Pac-Marquez 3 mark my words.
I would actually be happy with Alvarez getting the fight. The guy gets alot of hype, but I think he's a legit killer that we haven't seen his full abilities yet due to the weak opposition he's faced. If Floyd thinks Canelo is just another Ortiz he will be rudely shocked and wake up in his prison cell.
Eastcoast is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #63
vengeex
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,030
vCash: 75
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
nice try idiot

MAYWEATHER AVOIDS JAIL FOR NOW, EYES PACQUIAO, ALVAREZ, GUERRERO BOUTS

read the own damn title of what articles you're trying to share
Don't rely on the title... Read the whole article.
vengeex is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #64
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
What should his response have been? Hell if you believe some sources (one of which is from Pacquiao's own camp ) nothing about the fight was discussed at all and that was merely an orchestrated publicity stunt.
What was Floyd's response to Koncz?
CoDer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #65
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,729
vCash: 500
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
I'm not saying whether it is or is not a fair statement. You can judge that for yourself.

The point is, to Schaefer, Pacquiao is off the table for May 5, 2012.

Thus, it is down to -- supposedly -- Saul Alvarez and Robert Guerrero.
Do you have any evidence that Floyd simply picked Alvarez ahead of time? Because there's certainly reason to believe that Arum wasn't interested in the fight "ahead of time."
purephase is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #66
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,516
vCash: 346
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #67
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,729
vCash: 500
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
What was Floyd's response to Koncz?
Glad to hear you have no point. Again, what did Koncz say that he should be responding to?
purephase is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:47 PM   #68
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,429
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi253 View Post

Do they also teach to conveniently leave out HUGE parts of the article you're reporting about to lead fans into believe one thing when in actuality it's a far bigger picture presented?
Oh yeah, that's what the media does pretty much every day. If you want to see this in action, in my opinion, in boxing, read Fight Hype or some pro-Pacquiao stuff.

Propaganda is a skill. What you're talking about is referred to as "framing:" Selecting the facts you want and leaving out the ones you don't want.

Now, again, let me repeat: Schaefer is saying that the Pac-PBF fight isn't happening on May 5, 2012. Which leaves us with two names. Which is exactly what I said.

I just cut out the spin aspect of it for this post (that is, the part where Schaefer explains it's Arum's fault that Pac-PBF isn't happening on May 5).

For the person who said I didn't post the whole article:

You CANT post the whole article. There are copyright laws, which I abide by. So, if you want to read the article -- the article which I was first to bring up here on the forums, by the way -- then the link is provided.

It's not a conspiracy to keep you from the truth: The info is there, it's linked to, make of it what you will.

Bottom line is this: We're down to two names.
paulfv is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #69
Fighting Pride
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Floyd is ****ed either way.

He fights Guerrero it's another meaningless wasted fight against yet another guy moving up in weight. It adds nothing to his legacy and makes his welterweight resume look more like a joke having fought 5 of 8 guys who were coming off just one or no fights at the weight

He fights Alvarez then he's backed himself into a corner and will have to fight Martinez next or it will put another black mark on his legacy with yet another established top fighter he will have ducked
Fighting Pride is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #70
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

WHy is ANOTHER LW even in the mix here? FFS....
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #71
CoDer
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 500
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFred View Post
Are you thick? Go back and look at the last 5 Cinco de Mayo's and tell me the big fights that happened on those dates.
Then what made you think a fight will be made if Floyd won't even talk until the lawsuit is dropped?

Thick you say?
CoDer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #72
PBFred
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 6,507
vCash: 75
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Pride View Post
Floyd is ****ed either way.

He fights Guerrero it's another meaningless wasted fight against yet another guy moving up in weight. It adds nothing to his legacy and makes his welterweight resume look more like a joke having fought 5 of 8 guys who were coming off just one or no fights at the weight

He fights Alvarez then he's backed himself into a corner and will have to fight Martinez next or it will put another black mark on his legacy with yet another established top fighter he will have ducked
Horrendous post and logic. Absolutely pathetic.
PBFred is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #73
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,429
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post

Do you have any evidence that Floyd simply picked Alvarez ahead of time? Because there's certainly reason to believe that Arum wasn't interested in the fight "ahead of time."
No, I don't.

If there is evidence out there, that kind of ruins the attempt to run a con, so to speak.

I'm not saying that Alvarez was picked ahead of time. What I am saying is that IF Alvarez was picked ahead of time but Team Floyd wanted to make it look like Alvarez was not picked ahead of time, this is the way one would go about doing that.
paulfv is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #74
Fighting Pride
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFred View Post
Horrendous post and logic. Absolutely pathetic.
It's the ****ing truth. Mayweather needs to fight Cotto and Martinez and stop ****ing the fans over with these inhouse fights. Wtf man, it looks like they're trying to feed him the entire GBP stable around ww. How the **** does Guerrero come into the picture with all the other fights out there? Wake up and see what's happening
Fighting Pride is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #75
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,729
vCash: 500
Default Re: Schaefer: It's Down To Guerrero Or Alvarez For Mayweather On May 5, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Pride View Post
He fights Alvarez then he's backed himself into a corner and will have to fight Martinez next or it will put another black mark on his legacy with yet another established top fighter he will have ducked
He'd have backed himself into a corner just as much as Pacquiao and Roach backed themselves into a corner by declaring they'd be happy to take on Martinez at 150.
purephase is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013