Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

View Poll Results: The best HW after the dust settles?
(Assuming Cormier and Overeem win) Overeem beats Cormier and is #1 4 14.29%
(Assuming Cormier and Overeem win) Cormier beats Overeem and is #1 0 0%
(Assuming Cormier and Dos Santos win) Dos Santos beats Cormier and is #1 8 28.57%
(Assuming Cormier and Dos Santos win) Cormier beats Dos Santos and is #1 0 0%
(Assuming Barnett and Overeem win) Overeem beats Barnett and is #1 7 25.00%
(Assuming Barnett and Overeem win) Barnett beats Overeem and is #1 5 17.86%
(Assuming Barnett and Dos Santos win) Dos Santos beats Barnett and is #1 4 14.29%
(Assuming Barnett and Dos Santos win) Barnett beats Dos Santos and is #1 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #16
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117
Default Re: Dos Santos vs. Overeem winner against SF HW GP winner (Barnett vs. Cormier) = #1?

I see it ending up JDS vs Cormier then from there i dont know if JDS can handle Cormiers wrestling but he has proven to have a good TDD
greathamza is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #17
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Dos Santos vs. Overeem winner against SF HW GP winner (Barnett vs. Cormier) = #1?

Cormier never cease to impress me, but I think Barnatt experience is going to help him alot in that fight.

Finally the HW division in the UFC is interesting now !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #18
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
So, it should go without saying that the winner of the UFC champion and # contender Junior Dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem this summer and the winner of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix Final between Josh Barnett and Daniel Cormier on March 3rd will be the two best heavyweights in MMA. The winner of a match-up between those two would have to be THE undisputed HW champion of the sport...maybe its first ever.

So who would it be?
I think thats fair to say

One would think dos Santos will blow them all away
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #19
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I like it and it should be done. My question is will the UFC allow Barnett back in if he beats Cormier ?
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #20
liger05
puroresu fan 4 life!!
ESB Addict

I don't think barnett is going to the UFC.
liger05 is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #21
SuperiorBeen
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 2986

Barnett has shown in the past he has problems with strikers with good take down defense. Cro Cop beat him 3 times... I don't think his standup improved that much. Cormier is still an unknown.
SuperiorBeen is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #22
kokoko
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
I like it and it should be done. My question is will the UFC allow Barnett back in if he beats Cormier ?
I think they will let him in if he wins, despite the steroid issues and relationship he's had with Dana in the past.

If he loses, they will probably cut him.
kokoko is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #23
kokoko
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Dos Santos versus Overeem 50/50. I am picking JDS by KO, though.
Cormier versus Barnett 50/50. I am picking Cormier by decision.

Dos Santos versus Cormier 70/30 I am picking JDS by KO
kokoko is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #24
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

The UFC champion is the number one heavyweight in the world. Overeem has his chance coming up so the winner betweem he and Dos Santos will tell that tale. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee the winner of the Showtime tournament will ever fight in the UFC. In the event the winner of the tournament wins the follow up fight which I predict will be against Fedor and then fights the winner of Overeem/Dos Santos - then the UFC champion will still be the number one heavyweight in the world and no one will be able to dispute it in any form or fashion.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #25
Will Cooling
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Barnett vs Cormier winner is unlikely to be the number one contender as they're contracted to fight one more time with Showtime
Will Cooling is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #26
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 36829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Cooling View Post
Barnett vs Cormier winner is unlikely to be the number one contender as they're contracted to fight one more time with Showtime
Well that's stupid.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #27
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 36829

Why wouldn't Josh sign with the UFC? He's essentially employed by the same company anyway since the merger, just by riding out the SF contract. If he really had objections about working for them, he'd have just walked away. It wouldn't be the first time he'd ****ed over a promotion and burned bridges.

It almost goes without saying that Daniel will.

There's no reason not to expect that the Grand Prix winner will go on to challenger the UFC champ. (as long as there isn't an upset in that contractual post-GP swansong under the SF banner)
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #28
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Why wouldn't Josh sign with the UFC? He's essentially employed by the same company anyway since the merger, just by riding out the SF contract. If he really had objections about working for them, he'd have just walked away. It wouldn't be the first time he'd ****ed over a promotion and burned bridges.

It almost goes without saying that Daniel will.

There's no reason not to expect that the Grand Prix winner will go on to challenger the UFC champ. (as long as there isn't an upset in that contractual post-GP swansong under the SF banner)
Because of a beef that got personal between Dana and Barnett. Basically Dana was being a c*nt. I believe they buried the hatchet though -sort of- not long after Affliction folded. As Dana said quit vehemently he would never allow Barnett back in the UFC. Then again Dana says a lot of stupid shit. And he'd have to be a complete moron not to let Barnett back in the UFC. Even if he does he's still a moron anyway
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #29
One Punch KO
Contender
ESB Senior Member

For what it's worth, Barnett implied on Twitter that both he and Cormier will be coming to the UFC, regardless of who wins the fight between them.

Also, if JDS can defend against Overeem and then Barnett/Cormier, he's challenging Fedor for the title of greatest heavyweight ever.
One Punch KO is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #30
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Punch KO View Post
For what it's worth, Barnett implied on Twitter that both he and Cormier will be coming to the UFC, regardless of who wins the fight between them.

Also, if JDS can defend against Overeem and then Barnett/Cormier, he's challenging Fedor for the title of greatest heavyweight ever.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum