Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 12-26-2007, 11:24 AM   #16
walk with me
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why no fanbase for Paul Williams here?

cause everyone dick eats margarito or cintron and sees him as a threat...

hes young fearless and hungry.. theres nothing not to like
walk with me is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2007, 11:24 AM   #17
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlievint
Man....I hear that said a lot. Paul isn't a "Pitty Pat" fighter. Paul Malinaggi is a Pitty Pat Fighter. Paul has pop and he proves that by KOing most of his opponents! Seeing 100+ punches a round from a Tall and lanky guy might give off that impression but you can hear and feel his punches when they land from your couch.
I just don't like to watch him, it's nothing personal, he's a good fighter that I sure as hell wouldn't want to face as a welter

The freakish draining also grains a little bit. The man should be fighting at LMW, probably MW. But he all know he probably wouldn't be such a force there, because his physical attributes are the main reason he is a contender at welter
Old 12-26-2007, 11:24 AM   #18
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlievint
Man....I hear that said a lot. Paul isn't a "Pitty Pat" fighter. Paul Malinaggi is a Pitty Pat Fighter. Paul has pop and he proves that by KOing most of his opponents! Seeing 100+ punches a round from a Tall and lanky guy might give off that impression but you can hear and feel his punches when they land from your couch.
yeah exactly, he only reason it looked pitter patter against Margarito is that the Mexican is very sturdy. Has anyone put a dent in Margarito?
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 11:27 AM   #19
haglerbeatsugar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I'm a HUGE Punisher fan after watching the Margarito fight and have read lots about him on the sites before that fight. he did not let down and to me put on one of the best performances of the yr. 125 punches in the final rd !!!...WOW. We can hold out hopes for a fight with Cintron but now he's calling out Margarito so that matchup may be delayed even longer. I dont like his upcoming matchup with Quintana (Cotto ko'd him in 5 rds) because he will be compared with Cotto. I agree that he needs to stay active and hopefully Cotto or Floyd will be there for him 1 yr from now.
haglerbeatsugar is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 11:27 AM   #20
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
I just don't like to watch him, it's nothing personal, he's a good fighter that I sure as hell wouldn't want to face as a welter

The freakish draining also grains a little bit. The man should be fighting at LMW, probably MW. But he all know he probably wouldn't be such a force there, because his physical attributes are the main reason he is a contender at welter
the same can be said for a lot of fighters, like Hatton.
He makes weight so what is the problem? How many fighters put on less than 10lbs between weigh-in and fight? I guess not many.

Her may even be hurting himself....look at the good it did Cotto moving up.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:28 AM   #21
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Paul Williams is the truth at 147! im a fan...
kirk is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #22
albeziel
Multi Viral C13
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 453

Because of the fact that he is so fast and tall in the division (he is like 6'2" and fights at 147 Wow) makes him a very difficult opponent, in my opinion he doesn't have a lot of power, Margarito laughed at him when he was getting punch in the face. But thinking as a promoter, if I have a good fighter who is producing me a fortune, why risk it all fighting with PW who has the reach (82") of a heavyweight.
This is boxing a business for promoters.

BTW. Miguel Cotto fought 3 times this year, Urkal (KO), Judah(KO) and Mosley(UD).
albeziel is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #23
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Foquinha
the same can be said for a lot of fighters, like Hatton.
He makes weight so what is the problem? How many fighters put on less than 10lbs between weigh-in and fight? I guess not many.

Her may even be hurting himself....look at the good it did Cotto moving up.
Hatton doesn't naturally weigh 180lbs though

He weighs that, because he doesn't eat like a normal human being, nevermind a professional athlete. The fact he can lose so many pounds in such quick time backs this up

But yes, you can say this for many. None more so than Paul Williams
Old 12-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #24
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

I agree...his physical demensions along with his unreal workrate are what make him such a dangerous WW......loosing his physical advantages takes away a key factor to his professional sucess as a fighter.
charlievint is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #25
cougnuts510
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

this guy does everything right that makes fights interesting but i think its the lack of flash no personality, i cant watch his fights for some reason
cougnuts510 is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 11:42 AM   #26
FRKO
"A MAN"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
I'm mean what's not to like a young guy that throws 1000 punches a fight, will fight anyone and yet seems to get little or no respect from the people here. I just don't get it. Why isn't he more liked here?
Paul's great, I like him.
FRKO is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 11:43 AM   #27
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

Quote:
Hatton doesn't naturally weigh 180lbs though

He weighs that, because he doesn't eat like a normal human being, nevermind a professional athlete. The fact he can lose so many pounds in such quick time backs this up

But yes, you can say this for many. None more so than Paul Williams
the bottom line is that he makes weight.

if he is a natural 180lber and not fat, and gets down to 147....I'd suggest he's doing himself more harm than good.
Cotto looks much better after not killing himself to make 140. Hopefully David Haye's punch resistance will improve for not having to make 200lbs....that remains to be seen though.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:47 AM   #28
FRKO
"A MAN"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
because he likes homecooking.

i cannot rate what i do not see fighting over there with dodgy refs and crooked judges.

until he comes to europe he is just another american feasting on american tomato cans.

to be a good fighter you must fight eurpoean`s as you will get no legacy or exposure fighting in america.

europe is the home of boxing and where all the money is and paul williams fighting in america is limiting himself to the money and oppurtunities there are for him if he would just once fight overseas.

now does this drivel in my post sound familiar to anyone because i have seen this wrote down 1000`s of times with just a name and continent change.
i will be surprised if i do not get a few angry responses from posters taking my sarcasm seriously.hopefully people are not this gullible on esb.

FRKO is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 11:52 AM   #29
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Foquinha
the bottom line is that he makes weight.

if he is a natural 180lber and not fat, and gets down to 147....I'd suggest he's doing himself more harm than good.
Cotto looks much better after not killing himself to make 140. Hopefully David Haye's punch resistance will improve for not having to make 200lbs....that remains to be seen though.
He gives himself more of an advantage than any of the aforementioned fighters

Cotto and Hatton's advantages were simply in physical strength

Williams is so lanky, and his arms are so freakisly long that it makes it hard for anybody to even get near him at welter. Hence it's difficult for anybody to truely test how he takes a punch with all that draining. Doesn't seem to affect his stamina, so I give him credit for that

I would (and actually do) exactly the same thing
Old 12-26-2007, 11:53 AM   #30
MacManJr.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C
I'm mean what's not to like a young guy that throws 1000 punches a fight, will fight anyone and yet seems to get little or no respect from the people here. I just don't get it. Why isn't he more liked here?
I'm not saying I don't like him but he is overrated simply because of his size and workrate. I'm tired of hearing about that shit.
MacManJr. is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum