Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-26-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default fedor & ufc contract.

"I never met Dana White, never spoke to him on the phone, never exchanged e-mails," Fedor said. "However, I did read a lot on the Internet about what he said in regard to me and Vadim []. I also read e-mails that he sent to Vadim; all of his correspondence was very upsetting. The contract that we were presented with by the UFC was simply impossible, couldn't be signed -- I couldn't leave. If I won, I had to fight eight times in two years. If I lost one fight, then the UFC had the right to rip up the contract. At the conclusion of the contract, if I am undefeated, then it automatically extends for an as yet unspecified period of time, though for the same compensation.

"Basically I can't leave undefeated. I can't give interviews, appear in films or advertising. I don't have the right to do anything without the UFC's agreement. I could do nothing without the OK from the UFC. I didn't have the right to compete in combat sambo competition. It's my national sport. It's the Russian sport, which in his time our president competed in, and I no longer have the right to do so. There were many such clauses; the contract was 18 pages in length. It was written in such a way that I had absolutely no rights while the UFC could at any moment, if something didn't suit them, tear up the agreement. We worked with lawyers who told us that it was patently impossible to sign such a document."
boxingcar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2007, 03:02 PM   #2
Dostoevsky
Hardcore......to the max!
ESB Addict

Default Re: fedor & ufc contract.

So if Fedor never lost he was stuck in a UFC contract.
Dostoevsky is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

If all that is true I can't blame him....but sounds fishy...nobody fights 8 times in 2 years...at least the top guys don't. What is the source of this?...If this is true Dana has nobody to blame but himself.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 04:29 PM   #4
iksrtfo
Jedi Knight of Poon

24 time in 8 months.

If you think about it, Dana probably figured that Fedor would stomp a mudhole in the hole division's ass. Being as fighters make a swift decline, when they do, I guess he figured her would get as much from fedor as possible.
iksrtfo is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 04:52 PM   #5
curmudgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robson
UFC/Dana White!
curmudgeon is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2007, 06:54 PM   #6
LONE WOLF
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

And people were blaming Fedor. Judging from what other fighters say about UFC, i think this is true.
LONE WOLF is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2007, 06:43 PM   #7
Big N Bad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i think this is true.
dana white is a waste.

he doesnt allow his fighters to have a shit without his permission, if this is true which i believe it is, then i dont blame fedor one bit. i think dana might have written such a contract knowing fedor would dominate ufc, so dana would have had to write a contract that was impossible to sign, when fedor doesnt sign it, he can atleast say "fedor doesnt want to fight in the ufc" what an arsehole.

he wants UFC to be mainstream but is overprotective with it. i mean how many ufc videos are their on youtube? that wont help the sport will it?
Big N Bad is offline  Top
Old 12-27-2007, 09:52 PM   #8
WiDDoW_MaKeR
ESB Hall of Fame Member
East Side VIP

Seems like both sides are going to the extreme. I would bet that it was somewhere in the middle. I really believed Randy when he came out talking about how he didn't get a sign on bonus, or x amount of money... then Dana White presents copies of when Randy cashed those checks that he was given. I guess that Dana White and the UFC aren't as bad as they are made out to be.
WiDDoW_MaKeR is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 12:26 AM   #9
curmudgeon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiDDoW_MaKeR
I guess that Dana White and the UFC aren't as bad as they are made out to be.
Yes!! And I swear it was Santa Claus who brough me presents this year, whatever the naysayers keep telling us!
curmudgeon is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 02:18 PM   #10
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

well to you Dana is the Devil.....both sides have given different versions of what happened...and I know which side your with.....I try to be objective and am sitting on the fence as to what to believe. I think the part where he said Dana would make him fight 8 times in 2 years is a lie......no top fighters fight that much anymore.
AJAX is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum