Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 01-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #46
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290
Default Re: amateur boxing to scrap headguards and change olympic scoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
Hmm, Interesting post. I always value you're opinion lefty.

I love me some Vasyl though, can't wait till the Olympics and then for him to finally turn pro.
Thanks lad

Yeah he really is an incredible prospect. If he keeps his passion for boxing I have a feeling we'll be talking about Vasyl when referring to p4p in the future. He is the first boxer I've ever seen that I can't fault in any way. You can criticise styles and say this will beat that but having seen many Lomachenko fights and as his record attests (over 300 wins with only 1 loss which he avenged at the Beijing olympics on his way to gold and the val barker trophy, to go along with his world championships at 57 and 60kg) he can adapt to any style.
I've seen him win in so many different ways, an absolutely flawless boxer.
lefty is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #47
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Thanks lad

Yeah he really is an incredible prospect. If he keeps his passion for boxing I have a feeling we'll be talking about Vasyl when referring to p4p in the future. He is the first boxer I've ever seen that I can't fault in any way. You can criticise styles and say this will beat that but having seen many Lomachenko fights and as his record attests (over 300 wins with only 1 loss which he avenged at the Beijing olympics on his way to gold and the val barker trophy, to go along with his world championships at 57 and 60kg) he can adapt to any style.
I've seen him win in so many different ways, an absolutely flawless boxer.
For sure he looked great in the worlds, I'm sure he'll be great in the Olympics and I'm sure he'll be great when he turns pro.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqJxdEt25wc[/ame]

Look at that combo at 4.11.... Absolutely beautiful.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #48
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
For sure he looked great in the worlds, I'm sure he'll be great in the Olympics and I'm sure he'll be great when he turns pro.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Look at that combo at 4.11.... Absolutely beautiful.
I actually thought that he looked like he was going through the motions at the recent worlds... he had flashes of brilliance but he seemed a bit bored by it all. And I know his boxing well, I'm one of the first Vasyltards
lefty is offline  Top
Old 01-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #49
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
I actually thought that he looked like he was going through the motions at the recent worlds... he had flashes of brilliance but he seemed a bit bored by it all. And I know his boxing well, I'm one of the first Vasyltards
Yeah I thought so too, I don't know if he's just waiting turn pro or if he was just waiting for the Olympics. That's impressive though, he was beaten everyone fairly easily despite seemingly not wanting to be there.

I've only been 'vasyltard' for about a year now, I've been watching boxing for about two years though so thats why.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #50
light-welter
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Amateur boxers already get paid in some countries. I agree with the points scoring system as it should allow top amateurs to develop into the pro game, because we have seen gold medals go to boxers who don't have the style for the pros.
Headgaurds is a controversial one. Again it creates a clearer path to the pro's, powerful boxers will have more of a chance to use it to their advantages. Health issues is obviously the problem, you don't need any lab based study to tell you it is less dangerous to be hit with a headgaurd on.
As an amateur boxer, i feel the changes will help me if they do come into place, so I'm in favour.
light-welter is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 12:05 AM   #51
Flyin Ryan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 899

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall View Post
thing is, amateur boxing is for amateurs, not full time guys. so now they will turn up to their jobs with cuts and bruises to the face because of their favourite pastime? don't think that will go down too well.
I imagine the majority of "pros" are not full-time guys either.
Flyin Ryan is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #52
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

3x3, no headguard and 10 points must system will see a seamless transition into the pros. Fighters need to experience a realer version of boxing, even if that means getting cuts.

Hopefully this means that when fighters turn pro they will not waste 10 fights and 3 years adapting to the pros. They can immediately go to 4, 6, 8 rounders etc
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #53
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 95

what the hell is everyone doin with a 'war' cap in their avatar?
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 04:01 AM   #54
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxhin View Post
Huh?
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #55
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxhin View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about
Old 01-22-2012, 09:01 AM   #56
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

I boxed for about 5 years in the late 80,s 90,s, never once wore a headguard in the hundreds and hundreds of rounds i sparred, never got cut either, only time i got cut was in the ring wearing a headguard.
Got told of a brain doc that the headguard causes more damage, by vibrating the shock around the head, same as big gloves.
Smaller gloves or no gloves cause more facial damage but less internal damage!
Just what i got told though, not sure if its a proven fact.

Ps not one boxer i know ever liked the head guard, i have never seen a am fight where a boxer has never had to **** about with there head guard, its a hindrence, waste of time, be a better sport without them, and if your worried avout your looks,and work, wrong sport guys, cos if u turn pro, 9 out of 10 boxers still gotta work
widdy is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #57
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdy View Post
I boxed for about 5 years in the late 80,s 90,s, never once wore a headguard in the hundreds and hundreds of rounds i sparred, never got cut either, only time i got cut was in the ring wearing a headguard.
Got told of a brain doc that the headguard causes more damage, by vibrating the shock around the head, same as big gloves.
Smaller gloves or no gloves cause more facial damage but less internal damage!
Just what i got told though, not sure if its a proven fact.

Ps not one boxer i know ever liked the head guard, i have never seen a am fight where a boxer has never had to **** about with there head guard, its a hindrence, waste of time, be a better sport without them, and if your worried avout your looks,and work, wrong sport guys, cos if u turn pro, 9 out of 10 boxers still gotta work
and often a headguard can be like blinkers, ****ing with your vision and ability to slip shots not just because of vision but because your head has effectively grown in size.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #58
widdy
lancs,where real men live
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
and often a headguard can be like blinkers, ****ing with your vision and ability to slip shots not just because of vision but because your head has effectively grown in size.
Yup, its like being blindsided at times, i swear they cause more damage than not wearing one
widdy is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #59
MrFishChampion
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 250

Agreed fella's head guards are f**ing shit. Always hated them since I started boxing 10 years ago.

Im very happy with these three changes they were my 3 main gripes with amateur boxing. Im thinking comeback! I got no excuses now,

although nailing hot chicks is a more pleasant pastime than fighting real tough bastards.

I cannot stress how much I have always been super against computer scoreing and totally all for the 10 point must system. Who doesn't want to get paid a few bob for the entertaining fights they put on?

instead of just jabbers and head hunters now we get some good amateur hookers and body punchers. people can now get real credit for knockdowns.
MrFishChampion is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 01:56 AM   #60
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 95

Quote:
I have no idea what you're talking about
haha im just seeing every single avatar with the 'war' cap in them (was away a bit so couldn't update myself and hoping you could do that for me )
Juxhin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing