Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 01-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #46
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: North East of England boxing thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatty View Post
I don't see why not, he had 130+ amateur bouts at International level and made 4 ABA finals boxing a lot of top lads. He has had 6 pro bouts already and an active year should see him to about the ten mark. he needs to step up his opposition soon but I see no reason why he can't be around the top five-ten mark by the end of 2012.

Can't say how he'll get on outside the ring but he has always been a sound lad when I've spoke with him but I've heard he has got into a few scrapes from other people. Maybe's this served as a good warning for him to get his head down.
Lets hope so Chatty it would be great for another local lad to get up there and maybe he'll learn to steer clear out of potential bother outside of the ring. I've heard he's a good kid.
ron u.k. is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #47
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1947

Kirk Goodings is fighting on Ricky Burns next show...
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #48
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648
Default Re: North East of England boxing thread! (Todys topic: Bradley Saunders debut....)

Also Dickinson bvrothers are fighting on Feb 25th and I would also like to disscuss with those who may be old enough to remember, how good was Viv Graham as I just found out my trainer at college cornered him for 17 bouts and he won 16.

Anyway how do you think Saunders will do anyway, will he get him outta there?
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #49
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

There was this guy called Trevor Crewe on one of the undercards of Jaffa, and he blew away this lithuanian (I think) in a round. He looked well impressive but then I read in boxingnews he lost his next two, and I haven't heard of him since. He looked to actually be impressive, which is a shame.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #50
fantaheed
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: North East of England boxing thread! (Todys topic: Bradley Saunders debut....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
Also Dickinson bvrothers are fighting on Feb 25th and I would also like to disscuss with those who may be old enough to remember, how good was Viv Graham as I just found out my trainer at college cornered him for 17 bouts and he won 16.

Are these fights still going ahead mate? Trav v Paul David and jonjo v burton are both good fights but with there inactivity and jonjo fighting askin soon just wonder if these will go ahead, I hope so! Really had high hopes for travis but like Jaffa he has stalled big time
fantaheed is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #51
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Jab View Post
There was this guy called Trevor Crewe on one of the undercards of Jaffa, and he blew away this lithuanian (I think) in a round. He looked well impressive but then I read in boxingnews he lost his next two, and I haven't heard of him since. He looked to actually be impressive, which is a shame.
Last i heard he was meant to be boxing unlicensed, not sure if thats true or not. he was a good amateur boxer, very explosive but losing two of your first four is always going to hit you hard. he may have just felt he wasn't mad for the pro game.
chatty is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #52
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Heard he was a decent boxer but he is more known for being a gangster than for his boxing. His sons a boxer now or was a couple of seasons ago and looked fairly decent but haven't heard his name mentioned for a while so not sure if he is still boxing or not.
chatty is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #53
redandwhiterob
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Was reading yesterday that Michael Hunter is making another comeback on a bill down Hartlepool on March 25th

Gets mentioned at the bottom on this article

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
redandwhiterob is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #54
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I heard that Viv Graham had about 28 and only lost 2-3 and nearly boxed for England. I had no idea he was that good, too young to know him meself just through ledgend.
Anyway it'll be interesting to see if Saunders KO's this guy.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2012, 06:07 AM   #55
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Although not about north east boxing, this is probably the best thread to ask in. Any of you lot going to the 'Evening with Marco Antonio Barrera' at Dunston on the 1st of March?

I saw a few lads get a good deal last night, 3 different lads getting a table of 10 for only 200 at a charity auction, lucky ****ers.
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #56
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Jdsm - Same place I met Mike Tyson. I've since had a fall out with the guy (Steve Wraith) who is setting up the show as he set me up in a boxing match and in general he's just a self promoter/dick head who talks out his back end. He says he's an ex pro boxer but anyone can tell you he's never done any form of boxing, other than that am sure it'd be great to meet Barrera.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #57
Jdsm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Jdsm - Same place I met Mike Tyson. I've since had a fall out with the guy (Steve Wraith) who is setting up the show as he set me up in a boxing match and in general he's just a self promoter/dick head who talks out his back end. He says he's an ex pro boxer but anyone can tell you he's never done any form of boxing, other than that am sure it'd be great to meet Barrera.
Is it the bald fella?
Jdsm is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2012, 08:11 AM   #58
Split Decision
Journeyman

vCash: 500

keep an eye open for Henry Thomas and Tommy Ward these two are top notch
Split Decision is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #59
chatty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Is Barrera at the Fed Brewery?

I saw Magri, Stracey and Green are doing one through Newcastle sometime in March and I think Calzaghe is up here in April
chatty is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #60
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yeah he's bald and I believe Barrera is coming in March. Also who's doing the Calzaghe show?
iceferg is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum