who you got @ 175?
Ezzard Charles is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #2
silencio
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 945
Default Re: kovalev vs. mikkel kessler...

Kovalev by a KO! Bad match up for Kessler. Better to go for BHop, Shumenov, Pascal. Steer clear of Kovalev and Stevenson.
silencio is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 133

All of Kessler's tattoo's would end up in the third row.
Kevin Willis is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2014, 06:32 PM   #4
kk17
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1249

Kessler isn't a real 175 lbs fighter Kovalev by late tKO or UD
kk17 is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #5
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Outisde of Kesslers best weight, prime for prime though he's big and good enough to win, I dout Kessler would fight at such a weight in his prime though, which is half the point

Cedric Agnew whos last win is a punch bag version of Yusef Mack, kept him off for 7 rounds with just a high guard, and his body was VERY open throughout the whole fight

Kovalev is definately a Krusher, I rate him (didn't before) but watch Kessler in his prime, he comatosed more guys than Sergiy has by far
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #6
second to none
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Kovalev by stoppage, Firstly Kessler isn't a LHW, secondly Kovalev is a monster puncher and will badly hurt him. Lastly Kessler is not the same fighter now wouldn't say he is shot but he is nowhere near what he once was still a good tough hard fight for any SMW but i'd question should he just retire.
second to none is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #7
UnleashtheFURY
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 611

Prime Kessler gives Kovalev a very, very tough fight.. Maybe even beats him.. Right now i'd have Kovalev by a wide decision, or a late stoppage. Kessler is past it, but pretty game as he showed against Froch.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #8
A Bob Arum Guy
I'm a Bob Arum Guy

Sergei Kovalev would murder any man under 175lbs.
A Bob Arum Guy is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #9
lepinthehood
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
Outisde of Kesslers best weight, prime for prime though he's big and good enough to win, I dout Kessler would fight at such a weight in his prime though, which is half the point

Cedric Agnew whos last win is a punch bag version of Yusef Mack, kept him off for 7 rounds with just a high guard, and his body was VERY open throughout the whole fight

Kovalev is definately a Krusher, I rate him (didn't before) but watch Kessler in his prime, he comatosed more guys than Sergiy has by far
ye but instead of criticising agnews opponents, he hadnt been stopped in 26 fights so he may just be a tough cookie, sometimes its hard to blow out a guy with that high guard, and most boxers can take a dig or 2 the stomach, but eventually he got stopped by a left jab to body. now i didnt see kesslers fight with mundine but im pretty sure kovalev would ko mundine quickly. bad comparsions really.
lepinthehood is online now  Top
Old 04-05-2014, 08:14 PM   #10
des3995
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2900

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepinthehood View Post
ye but instead of criticising agnews opponents, he hadnt been stopped in 26 fights so he may just be a tough cookie, sometimes its hard to blow out a guy with that high guard, and most boxers can take a dig or 2 the stomach, but eventually he got stopped by a left jab to body. now i didnt see kesslers fight with mundine but im pretty sure kovalev would ko mundine quickly. bad comparsions really.
Pretty much.

It's a bit harder to KO a guy whose one intent is not to be KO'd. And Kovalev still got him out of there. I'd agree that Agnew lasted longer than expected, but it's not like he was competitive with Kovalev.
des3995 is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #11
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Ottke KO'd Mundine, would you even try to make the argument that Ottke hit harder than Kessler? Boxing is like that sometimes
Old 04-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #12
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

I'm not criticising Agnews opposition either, he's a guy who didn't have the luxury of a fancy promoter or a money hypetrain, He was a good amateur who beat everone in the pros he was supposed to beat, would he have went that lon with prime Kessler at supermiddle? well we don't know, he wasn't fighting a prime Kessler at supermiddle

I give Kovalev the edge at light heavy of course, just saying prime for prime I certainly wouldnt rule Mikkel out
Old 04-05-2014, 09:08 PM   #13
lepinthehood
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBrenny View Post
I'm not criticising Agnews opposition either, he's a guy who didn't have the luxury of a fancy promoter or a money hypetrain, He was a good amateur who beat everone in the pros he was supposed to beat, would he have went that lon with prime Kessler at supermiddle? well we don't know, he wasn't fighting a prime Kessler at supermiddle

I give Kovalev the edge at light heavy of course, just saying prime for prime I certainly wouldnt rule Mikkel out
wouldnt rule him out either, kessler is proven better boxer, more range of punches and more skillful. but think kovalev hits alot harder, and would fancy him to beat kessler at lhw.
lepinthehood is online now  Top
Old 04-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #14
Radillazo
Journeyman

Murda.k.ovalev
Radillazo is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2014, 12:10 AM   #15
box4life11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1444

Kessler was hurt bad from a body shot from Joe at 168 just imagine what a body shot from Sergeys gonna do to him.
box4life11 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum