boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-12-2015, 03:14 AM   #1
CST80
The Hesitant Nihilist
East Side VIP

vCash: 758
Arrow Kosei Tanaka: Prospects Of The Rising Sun-The Minimumweight KO Dream Boy of Nagoya

Kosei Tanaka is a 5'4 19 year old Minimumweight with a 4-0 2 KO's record. Born in Tajimi, Gifu, Japan and fighting out of Nagoya, Aichi, Japan. This Teenage prodigy has splashed onto the scene big time in Japan and was chosen as the 2014 Prospect of the Year by Asian Boxing. Hopefully due to the complete lack of interest most casual fans have in the lower divisions he'll quickly make the move to Flyweight, because Minimumweight is unfortunately a very hard sell to most fans. Regardless he had almost as impressive a 2014 as Inoue did by stopping Filipino Crison Omayao in 1 which was 3 rounds quicker than Inoue and following that up by stopping high ranked fighter Ryuji Hara in 10. Also with a move up in weight he can eventually resume his rivalry with Naoya's younger brother Takuma Inoue that they had in the amateurs. So Check Out The Tiniest of The Tiny but still very Impressive Kosei "The KO Dream Boy" Tanaka.

Educate Yourselves
Tanaka Vs. Hara
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Tanaka Vs. Omayao
Tanaka Vs. Ferreras
Tanaka Vs. Raknafa
Tanaka Vs. T. Inoue
Tanaka Vs. Hyok Nam
Tanaka Vs. Tsendbatter
Tanaka Vs. Polipalli

Last edited by CST80; 05-15-2015 at 06:01 PM.
CST80 is online now  Top
Old 01-12-2015, 04:52 AM   #2
CST80
The Hesitant Nihilist
East Side VIP

Default Re: Kosei Tanaka: Prospects Of The Rising Sun-The Minimumweight Teen Buzzsaw of Nagoy

Disclaimer: I'm no expert, not even close on Minimumweights, I've heard a lot about Kosei over the past year, and especially after Inoue beat Narvaez, so I looked him up, watched him and he's pretty good. And that's the extent of my knowledge on him. My specialty is Bantamweight all the way up to HW, I know quite a lot about the top guys at Fly, but I've been Educating Myself over the past year on the intricacies of the lower divisions, so won't you come along and learn with me about all the small guys.
CST80 is online now  Top
Old 01-12-2015, 08:04 AM   #3
CST80
The Hesitant Nihilist
East Side VIP

Default Re: Kosei Tanaka: Prospects Of The Rising Sun-The Minimumweight Teen Buzzsaw of Nagoy

CST80 is online now  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2015, 09:50 AM   #4
BEATDOWNZ
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Your thread titles are stupid.
BEATDOWNZ is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2015, 11:18 AM   #5
HamburgBuam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATDOWNZ View Post
I like it. Sounds like the speaches from old side shows.

"And here he is. The beast of Liverpool, the disfigured sensation... The rhino-man!"
HamburgBuam is online now  Top
Old 01-12-2015, 02:27 PM   #6
CST80
The Hesitant Nihilist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamburgBuam View Post
I like it. Sounds like the speaches from old side shows.

"And here he is. The beast of Liverpool, the disfigured sensation... The rhino-man!"
That's exactly what I'm going for.
They either get it or they don't, I guess you can't please everybody all the time
CST80 is online now  Top
Old 01-12-2015, 04:38 PM   #7
CST80
The Hesitant Nihilist
East Side VIP

CST80 is online now  Top
Old 01-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #8
Boxing Prospect
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Kosei Tanaka: Prospects Of The Rising Sun-The Minimumweight KO Dream Boy of Nagoy

Where's Takahiro Onaga when you need him? Oy, Taka! We did it!

Tanaka won 3 of 5 bouts with Takuma Inoue as amateurs whic is it's self impressive, what's bigger news however is that he's eyeing up a world title fight in just his 5th professional contest, looking to set a Japanese record! (And be the 3rd fastest in history!)

Wonderful talent, amazing speed, mind blowing accuracy and a great year.

I remember reading some people slating him for his win over Hara "well he was only just ahead before the stoppage" without watching the damned fight. Hara is a DAMNED good fighter and the two fought evenly through 8 with Tanaka holding a lot back as he had never gone before 8 before...As soon as he went past the 8th he began turning it on...

Great fighter and thank you for FINALLY doing this thread!
Boxing Prospect is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #9
Cafe
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATDOWNZ View Post
Agreed, I get the point but it's a bit cringe-worthy.

Either way, silly titles or not, appreciate the work.
Cafe is online now  Top
Old 01-12-2015, 07:39 PM   #10
CST80
The Hesitant Nihilist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
Agreed, I get the point but it's a bit cringe-worthy.

Either way, silly titles or not, appreciate the work.
It should only be cringe-worthy if I'm oblivious to how ridiculous my thread titles are....but I'm not, I make it a point to be over the top The more outlandish the better.
CST80 is online now  Top
Old 01-13-2015, 12:08 AM   #11
kmanaG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Kosei Tanaka: Prospects Of The Rising Sun-The Minimumweight KO Dream Boy of Nagoy

"The monster of Chukyo, the KO Dream Boy, the next Naoya Inoue...the kid with more nicknames than fights"
kmanaG is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2015, 01:28 AM   #12
CST80
The Hesitant Nihilist
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Prospect View Post
Where's Takahiro Onaga when you need him? Oy, Taka! We did it!

Tanaka won 3 of 5 bouts with Takuma Inoue as amateurs whic is it's self impressive, what's bigger news however is that he's eyeing up a world title fight in just his 5th professional contest, looking to set a Japanese record! (And be the 3rd fastest in history!)

Wonderful talent, amazing speed, mind blowing accuracy and a great year.

I remember reading some people slating him for his win over Hara "well he was only just ahead before the stoppage" without watching the damned fight. Hara is a DAMNED good fighter and the two fought evenly through 8 with Tanaka holding a lot back as he had never gone before 8 before...As soon as he went past the 8th he began turning it on...

Great fighter and thank you for FINALLY doing this thread!
It took me awhile to get around to watching his fights, I tried to do him justice and I was hoping you and takahiro would like it, and I'm glad you like it, but unfortunately as you mentioned onaga is AWOL.
CST80 is online now  Top
Old 01-13-2015, 01:31 AM   #13
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 61000

The downside to him being so young is that be is guaranteed not to be the star to put straw on the map, since he will almost certainly have moved up in a couple of years after ravaging the ranks and leaving everything in chaos as so many have done before him.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 01-13-2015, 04:15 AM   #14
takahiro-onaga
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He superstar in making in weight he want. He actually bigger than Naoya, just as good, little younger. I worry that he might have problem but so far we not seen it, maybe he like excitement a bit too much (last round with Raknafa and Ferreras) but that not complaint.
He gonna leave a lot of chaos through weights.
takahiro-onaga is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2015, 06:16 AM   #15
kmanaG
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
The downside to him being so young is that be is guaranteed not to be the star to put straw on the map, since he will almost certainly have moved up in a couple of years after ravaging the ranks and leaving everything in chaos as so many have done before him.
In fairness he was never going to do that in the west anyway. It's a shame so many fans won't even give the little fellas a chance.
kmanaG is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum