Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #16
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Beginning To Feel Bad For Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

Mayweather is offering up the Mexicutioner as a sacrifice on Cinco De Mayo!
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 09:20 PM   #17
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothy View Post

#bobcallgbp
I will give you guys (Team Floyd) this:

* You do know the PR basics
* You stay on message

Can't help but applaud that.

Honestly, I like Mayweather. I respect him. He's built a good thing. You tell him I said that.

Respect for Money May!

And Haymon!
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #18
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post

Awesome! That made me laugh out loud.

paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #19
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400

oh ya btw

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #20
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 327

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #21
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Mayweather is winning the PR battle, floyd v canelo will do 1million ppv, so that's a good dance partner to have.

Floyd is making pac look like some bitch, for someone who so desperately wanted the mayweather fight according to Roach he seems very quiet when it comes to committing to the ass whooping. But I don't blame pac, if you can't beat grandpa marquez how you gonna beat Floyd?
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #22
conraddobler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1847

Alex, I'll take zero credibility for $100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
Note: I watched the fight with the sound down, and thus was not influenced by the announcing at all.

R01 --> 10-9 CF ------------- Very close; could be Ward's round. Gave to CF for more aggression
R02 --> 10-9 AW ------------ Ward now doing speed, in-out tactics well. CF will have to adjust
R03 --> 10-9 AW ------------ Same as last round. Similar to Dirrell-Froch
R04 --> 10-9 AW ------------ AW mauling, here we go. Trying to cut up CF with elbows; AW tiring
R05 --> 10-9 CF ------------- CF comes on at end. AW a bit tired, CF more openings
R06 --> 10-9 CF ------------- Nice AW left hook near end round, but this round going how CF wants it to
R07 --> 10-9 AW ------------ Closer round
R08 --> 10-9 CF ------------- Close round; not sure here
R09 --> 10-9 CF ------------- More of what CF wants; but judges likely give to AW. CF broken nose?
R10 --> 10-9 AW ---[5-5] --- Very close, little difference here
R11 --> 10-9 CF ----[6-5F] -- Ward looks bad
R12 --> 10-9 AW ---[6-6] --- Close round; AW only hold, hit, etc. Not a good look for Ward

114-114 Draw

Good to see 2 judges had it essentially as I did, just a one point difference (115-113).

118-110 judge is way off, IMO.
conraddobler is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #23
Phat_Ass_Dude
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
The Twitter and Facebook meltdown continues.

I think I know what he's trying to do: He seems to be trying to make sure Arum and Pac are blamed when Pac-PBF doesn't happen on May 5, 2012.

Sad to say, that doesn't matter. Pac-Cotto, if that is the fight that takes place next for Pacquiao, will almost certainly draw well. Pac almost certainly will become the first person to have a 1M+ PPV in six straight years (4?) or whatever the number is, to pass Tyson.

Floyd, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have a dance partner for May 5. Which means he could face either going back on what he told the Nevada judge (bringing in $100M or whatever to Vegas) or else a possible Ortiz-like dud vs Canelo, Guerrero or some other Plan D.

It might seem like Floyd is "winning" now, but he's not. Just as he didn't win with the post-Pac/Cotto I "A-side meth," PED nonsense.

Here is what desperation might look like:

* Tweeting that you're donating to cancer, so everyone knows you are, really, a "good guy." Will it work, or is it too obvious, even for Floyd fans?

* Appearing to pander to your African-American followers and friends (that is, the people who buy your PPVs) by invoking MLK and Ali. Possibly trying to get transference from those two legends to yourself, to get viewers for your May 5 fight

* Continuing to take to Twitter and Facebook and seeningly "negotiate" through the public (which is a questionable strategy)

I understand that Floyd probably doesn't want to be in the position of providing his own PPV numbers again (as was done after Floyd-Ortiz) to potentially try to keep his image as a draw alive after 5/5/12. But this is becoming sad, almost tragic, the apparent desperation here.

If I'm Floyd, I pay Canelo what he wants and then work like crazy to make May 5, 2012 successful. Maybe you even throw in some extra PPV "buys" from another agency or from yourself, as I think was done recently for tickets to a Mayweather fight, so it would look like a sellout. If you have to artificially inflate the numbers (again?), then that might be the route Mayweather wants to take.

The truth is that what I'm seeing here appears to be the decline of a once-proud figure. I know it happens to all of the greats, but there is something kind of unfortunate in watching it apparently happen in real-time, and via social media and favored outlets.

Another attempt to Hate of Mayweather. But what you fail to realize is that because he cannot fight a suitable fight for May 5th is because of his Greatness. FMJ cannot fight Khan, Peterson, Guererro, JMM, Berto, Cotto, Alvarez or Ortiz again. Because people will label it as "Cherry-picking". But Pacquaio can fight all these opponents and they would all be called "GOOD FIGHTS". People believe is only legitimate challenge is at the MW level. People don't even believe anymore that Pacquiao is a legitimate challenge that why Arum, Roach and Pactards don't want the fight.

The Price to Pay for GREATNESS!!!
Phat_Ass_Dude is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #24
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat_Ass_Dude View Post
Another attempt to Hate of Mayweather. But what you fail to realize is that because he cannot fight a suitable fight for May 5th is because of his Greatness. FMJ cannot fight Khan, Peterson, Guererro, JMM, Berto, Cotto, Alvarez or Ortiz again. Because people will label it as "Cherry-picking". But Pacquaio can fight all these opponents and they would all be called "GOOD FIGHTS". People believe is only legitimate challenge is at the MW level. People don't even believe anymore that Pacquiao is a legitimate challenge that why Arum, Roach and Pactards don't want the fight.

The Price to Pay for GREATNESS!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #25
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

I gotta run for a bit. Back in awhile.

So, Floyd Trolls: Pile on now, while I cant respond.

Floyd Trolls: Keep up the PR effort. Props on it! I respect you guys, Haymon, Floyd Sr. & Jr. and all of the Money Team (honestly, I do. Gotta give props where they are due for a well-run operation)

Everyone else: See you in a bit!

paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #26
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I gotta run for a bit. Back in awhile.

So, Floyd Trolls: Pile on now, while I cant respond.

Floyd Trolls: Keep up the PR effort. Props on it! I respect you guys, Haymon, Floyd Sr. & Jr. and all of the Money Team (honestly, I do. Gotta give props where they are due for a well-run operation)

Everyone else: See you in a bit!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 01-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #27
KarlBrandt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:

I think I know what he's trying to do: He seems to be trying to make sure Arum and Pac are blamed when Pac-PBF doesn't happen on May 5, 2012.

Sad to say, that doesn't matter. Pac-Cotto, if that is the fight that takes place next for Pacquiao, will almost certainly draw well. Pac almost certainly will become the first person to have a 1M+ PPV in six straight years (4?) or whatever the number is, to pass Tyson.

Floyd, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have a dance partner for May 5. Which means he could face either going back on what he told the Nevada judge (bringing in $100M or whatever to Vegas) or else a possible Ortiz-like dud vs Canelo, Guerrero or some other Plan D.

It might seem like Floyd is "winning" now, but he's not. Just as he didn't win with the post-Pac/Cotto I "A-side meth," PED nonsense.

* Tweeting that you're donating to cancer, so everyone knows you are, really, a "good guy." Will it work, or is it too obvious, even for Floyd fans?

* Appearing to pander to your African-American followers and friends (that is, the people who buy your PPVs) by invoking MLK and Ali. Possibly trying to get transference from those two legends to yourself, to get viewers for your May 5 fight

* Continuing to take to Twitter and Facebook and seeningly "negotiate" through the public (which is a questionable strategy)

I understand that Floyd probably doesn't want to be in the position of providing his own PPV numbers again (as was done after Floyd-Ortiz) to potentially try to keep his image as a draw alive after 5/5/12. But this is becoming sad, almost tragic, the apparent desperation here.

If I'm Floyd, I pay Canelo what he wants and then work like crazy to make May 5, 2012 successful. Maybe you even throw in some extra PPV "buys" from another agency or from yourself, as I think was done recently for tickets to a Mayweather fight, so it would look like a sellout. If you have to artificially inflate the numbers (again?), then that might be the route Mayweather wants to take.

The truth is that what I'm seeing here appears to be the decline of a once-proud figure. I know it happens to all of the greats, but there is something kind of unfortunate in watching it apparently happen in real-time, and via social media and favored outlets.
You should feel bad for him :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa_WRVHjeTE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB8NoWQ2zUM[/ame]
KarlBrandt is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #28
FakeBlood
CEO @ Fight Club
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 675

Another TS who doesn't want to actually see Pac get in the ring with Mayweather, so they can continue to flood forums with this inane bullshit.
FakeBlood is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 09:38 PM   #29
Baldwin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 390

Lets all feel bad for atg riches boxer.

Gay ass thread
Baldwin is offline  Top
Old 01-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #30
Chex31
AttackingLikeASlickApache
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Chex31 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum