Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #16
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru

vCash: 248
Default Re: Report: Team Alvarez Preparing To Meet With GBP To Work On Mayweather 5/5/12 Figh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Good fight.
Not really. Alvarez hasn't fought anyone and was looking bad at points against Gomez.
janeschicken is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #17
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Report: Team Alvarez Preparing To Meet With GBP To Work On Mayweather 5/5/12 Figh

I've had enough of all these reports, how many fighters has there been mentioned? **** this shit.
Post Box is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 08:31 AM   #18
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post
Not really. Alvarez hasn't fought anyone and was looking bad at points against Gomez.
Who else would you like to see him fight?
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 08:46 AM   #19
jso416
F U Nutthuggers!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Who else would you like to see him fight?
The only competitive fights for Floyd are Pac n Serge.. Well not so much Pac, but the world is intrigued by it. Too bad Serge is already booked.

Personally I'd rather see him fight Lamont Peterson or James Kirkland then f'n Canelo Alvarez.. Or how bout just calling Manny's bluff n agree to fight him at the end of May?
jso416 is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #20
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jso416 View Post
The only competitive fights for Floyd are Pac n Serge.. Well not so much Pac, but the world is intrigued by it. Too bad Serge is already booked.

Personally I'd rather see him fight Lamont Peterson or James Kirkland then f'n Canelo Alvarez.. Or how bout just calling Manny's bluff n agree to fight him at the end of May?
Floyd and Pac are justified in not facing Martinez. He is a middleweight, after all. A relatively unknown one, too. The risk-reward ratio isnít good enough.

Peterson, as much as I like him, is a person whoís not any more viable than what Alvarez is. Alvarez at least has size to his advantage. Whatís Peterson got? Alvarez is also a massive draw. Thatís another good reason to pick him over a Peterson whoís not well known.

Kirkland would be a dangerous fight, yes, but heís clearly not as good as Alvarez. I honestly donít rate him that much.

And the reason why heís not calling Mannyís bluff at the end of May, is because Manny and Arum arenít entirely serious about a fight just yet. Neither is Floyd himself. No point wasting time chasing a fight thatís not intended to be made next.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #21
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeschicken View Post

That was the fight that made me re-examine Canelo's potential.

Everyone can have an off night, but when a dude from The Contender is making you look bad, then red flags start to go up.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:36 AM   #22
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

As a back up, it's a decent fight. Should be at 154 though. Anything below is a bit of a joke.

Obviously disappointing compared to Pac-May, but that blame falls on Arum and Pac (according to 90% of people, and 100% of reasonable people).

It's certainly better than a Pac-Cotto rematch though, if that means anything.

I find the trolling of the TS funny these days. Never knew he was a troll until I saw the post where he scored the Ward-Bute fight a draw. Now I respect his trolling abilities.
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #23
lewishamboy
Styles Impetuous
ESB Addict

vCash: 2000

Good fight @154 I give Floyd credit for taking it...don't think its gonna happen though
lewishamboy is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #24
Bazt3k
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

bobarum forced floyd to find an alternative to pac... and now the pactards will crawl out of there hiding spot claiming this fight is a blatent duck by floyd...

pactards = trolls
Bazt3k is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #25
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
That was the fight that made me re-examine Canelo's potential.

Everyone can have an off night, but when a dude from The Contender is making you look bad, then red flags start to go up.

You're a sad individual. If Floyd or Pacquaio announced a fight with anyone other than each other, you'd literally be touching yourself at the thought of being able to come on here and call Floyd a ducker and so on.
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #26
Bazt3k
Contender
ESB Senior Member

this is the best option for floyd considering bob arum wont let him fight pacquiao

martinez is a 160 pound fighter who is currently booked and lets be honest about this.. he has said he would fight at there weight which means if mayweather won the critics would scream out weight drained. floyd cannot win if he takes on martinez

canelo is a good fighter with a big mexican following he has toe dipped with good opposition and i feel as the WBC belt holder deserves a shot at world class level (and a good payday to boot)

its a pretty bad time in boxing at the moment as alot of very good fighters are currently booked out
Bazt3k is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #27
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
From a site that can't be linked to here (you know which one it is).

So, as predicted by several people here on ESB, Team Mayweather may be heading down a face-saving, status-as-a-"draw"-saving attempt to book Alvarez for the May 5, 2012 date.

Report says Team Alvarez looking to head to LA next week to work with Golden Boy on a potential Floyd-Canelo deal.

May 5, Cinco De Mayo, popular Mexican champion. Also, after watching Alvarez-Gomez, should be easy work for Floyd if he takes this fight.

Don't get caught up in the Twitter/Facebook/Fight Hype potential smokescreens; look behind the curtain (note to non-Americans: this is a reference to legendary American movie The Wizard Of Oz and its "man behind the curtain") and see what may actually be getting worked on by the people pulling the levers.

I think it's Sunnn that has been saying this: Floyd-Alvarez, May 5, 2012.

Is it going to happen?

this is the real plan all along.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #28
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
You're a sad individual. If Floyd or Pacquaio announced a fight with anyone other than each other, you'd literally be touching yourself at the thought of being able to come on here and call Floyd a ducker and so on.
The guys not being serious.

I used to think he was, and was amazed at some of the things he use to say (which I thought he actually believed - as did others, even calling him a hired writer for Arum )

But he doesn't. He's just trolling for the fun of it.

Doesn't make him a good poster or anything. But when you realise that he's just doing it for his own "fun" (yeah, people amuse themselves in their own way), you can kind of just ignore it and/or take it for what it is.

The guy scored Bute-Ward a draw, btw.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #29
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
this is the real plan all along.

The irrational Pac fans.

They amuse me.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #30
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Pactards are saying this is the plan all along is ****ing hilarious. Floyd has called Manny out and Arum has even said that Shaefer has been calling him. These mother****ers are just pure haters and they don't want to see Mayweather vs Pacquiao. They much rather troll like bitches.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum