Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #31
Bazt3k
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Report: Team Alvarez Preparing To Meet With GBP To Work On Mayweather 5/5/12 Figh

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
this is the real plan all along.
thats your opinion... though 99% of people here have the shared opinion that you are completely blind and wrong

thank god arum dident just call floyds bluff and fight may 5th right? bob arum woulda hated making mayweather look that bad right?...

annnyways i think we are done here..
Bazt3k is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #32
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666
Default Re: Report: Team Alvarez Preparing To Meet With GBP To Work On Mayweather 5/5/12 Figh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Boxing View Post
The guys not being serious.

I used to think he was, and was amazed at some of the things he use to say (which I thought he actually believed - as did others, even calling him a hired writer for Arum )

But he doesn't. He's just trolling for the fun of it.

Doesn't make him a good poster or anything. But when you realise that he's just doing it for his own "fun" (yeah, people amuse themselves in their own way), you can kind of just ignore it and/or take it for what it is.

The guy scored Bute-Ward a draw, btw.

Ahh right, that's quite sad then. This guy's a worse troll than Koman600
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #33
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:

I used to think he was, and was amazed at some of the things he use to say (which I thought he actually believed - as did others, even calling him a hired writer for Arum )

Doesn't make him a good poster or anything. But when you realise that he's just doing it for his own "fun" (yeah, people amuse themselves in their own way), you can kind of just ignore it and/or take it for what it is.

Am I?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #34
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:

The irrational Pac fans.

They amuse me.
floyd going to twitter is equal to negotiating? then lets do all negotiations via social networking sites from now on.

may 5th was reserved by GBP from the get go. floyd always fights GBP fighters. schaefer said it would be canelo or guerrero next.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #35
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

this is the real plan all along.
I have a feeling that this will be the takeaway by the public, or at least many of them: Hey, Floyd was going to fight Alvarez the whole time; the Pac "call out" was just a smokescreen.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #36
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
Am I?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #37
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

A lot of times I'm serious, other times I'm not. Just depends on my mood.

paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #38
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Quote:
I have a feeling that this will be the takeaway by the public, or at least many of them: Hey, Floyd was going to fight Alvarez the whole time; the Pac "call out" was just a smokescreen.
How is it a smoke screen when Shaefer has been calling Arum to negotiate? Top Rank was contacted back in NOV to begin negotiations and said no bc they wanted a 4th Marquez fight.
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #39
Bazt3k
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
floyd going to twitter is equal to negotiating? then lets do all negotiations via social networking sites from now on.

may 5th was reserved by GBP from the get go. floyd always fights GBP fighters. schaefer said it would be canelo or guerrero next.
at the end of the day floyd chooses hes opponent and has made it clear time and time again he is looking for one person and one person only : MANNY PACQUIAO

you blast floyd for calling out via twitter but atleast he is trying to get the fight made.. and so what if its a little unorthadox then how other negotiate.. like there havent been other exceptions such as ROY JONES JR V BHOP II (in which they did a live televised link from bhop to jones jr with merchant moderating) [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye87owFNrCI[/ame]

how can you honestly defend arum when he has done nothing but set up road block after roadblock.. even after your biggest idol manny pacquiao even admitted half of it was BULLSHIT (he stated hes cut was fine he has also stated he is willign to take any test to get the fight made - props to him for being a man by the way)

you have to understand that arum HATES floyd with a passion because floyd was smart enough to leave arum when he was younger because arum is a shady guy (and we are all seeing proof of that now), he still owes floyd money from the gatti and judah fights so they aient exactly on good terms but mind you when floyd was with arum he was toted as being "the next ALI"

Manny pacquiao also tried to leave bob arum but could not due to contract agreement (i believe this was the reason) .. most of these "flomos" you hate dont even hate pacquiao anymore as they are starting to see it is ARUM to blame. sure they might think floyd would beat manny in a boxing match but thats there opinion as you are entitled to yours
Bazt3k is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #40
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:

If it means anything to you, I actually believe you believe in what you're saying.
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #41
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjotatp4p View Post

How is it a smoke screen when Shaefer has been calling Arum to negotiate? Top Rank was contacted back in NOV to begin negotiations and said no bc they wanted a 4th Marquez fight.
Possible smoke screen because Team Floyd might think, after Pac looked bad against JMM, that Arum won't make the fight.

So, Floyd would then get to act bold and pretend he wants to fight Pacquiao secure in the knowledge that Arum will never call his bluff this time around.

This dance has been going on since at least Pac-Cotto I. Both sides have done it, I think, and it just keeps going on and on.

Five years from now, we'll probably be saying "YES! Pac-Mayweather to happen in early 2017!" And it will probably be just as much a ruse then as it seems to be now.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #42
Phat_Ass_Dude
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
From a site that can't be linked to here (you know which one it is).

So, as predicted by several people here on ESB, Team Mayweather may be heading down a face-saving, status-as-a-"draw"-saving attempt to book Alvarez for the May 5, 2012 date.

Report says Team Alvarez looking to head to LA next week to work with Golden Boy on a potential Floyd-Canelo deal.

May 5, Cinco De Mayo, popular Mexican champion. Also, after watching Alvarez-Gomez, should be easy work for Floyd if he takes this fight.

Don't get caught up in the Twitter/Facebook/Fight Hype potential smokescreens; look behind the curtain (note to non-Americans: this is a reference to legendary American movie The Wizard Of Oz and its "man behind the curtain") and see what may actually be getting worked on by the people pulling the levers.

I think it's Sunnn that has been saying this: Floyd-Alvarez, May 5, 2012.

Is it going to happen?

Already Team Alvarez has done what Team Pacquiao hasn't done.
Phat_Ass_Dude is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #43
BingM3
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Hope Alvarez KO's Floyd, the entire ESB site will be shut down for 2012...Team Alvarez has nothing to lose and at the same time they want a payday. Team Pac has done more than PBF in terms of boxing accomplishment. Look at below the greatest hits:

Team Pac: Cotto/Margarito/Clottey/Morales/Barrera
Team PBF: Corrales/Baldmomir/Corley/Judah/Castillo

Didn't put same fighters they fought and beat....tell me who has more level A opposition?
BingM3 is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #44
jso416
F U Nutthuggers!!!
ESB Addict

Gomez made Canelo look silly at times.. Imagine what Floyd would do.
jso416 is offline  Top
Old 01-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #45
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Quote:

Been trying to tell people about that clown...The TS is clearly not being a fan of the sport.
Rudyard is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum