Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
andoshow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75
Default Pacman v Mayweather Venue??

If this saga is ever to make to the ring,where do you reckon the likely venue will be??
andoshow is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Default Re: Pacman v Mayweather Venue??

probably a whole new stadium... but with time constraints i reckon they will settle for the MGM and just rack up the ticket prices

Why not somewhere big like Dodgers Stadium in LA? Not far from Vegas, they can get 50,000 bums on seats and tickets wont be insanely expensive because of the sheer amount they can sell.... if its at the MGM you can guarantee ring side seats with be $10,000 minimum
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 12:08 AM   #3
The Spider

vCash:

As much as we'd all like to see this fight, I'll believe it when they do their ring entrances. As for the venue. That'll probably be just another sticking point in negotiations.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:11 AM   #4
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

I think Arum has come out today saying pac will be fighting in June without Mayweather, what a farking joke this is becoming.

The whole world wants to see this, but IMO the greedy arum is dreading the thought of losing his cash cow. Thats my take, but i guess we only hear so much.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #5
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
I think Arum has come out today saying pac will be fighting in June without Mayweather, what a farking joke this is becoming.

The whole world wants to see this, but IMO the greedy arum is dreading the thought of losing his cash cow. Thats my take, but i guess we only hear so much.
Mayweather and Manny are both wealthy enough that they don't need to take a risk with each other. Arum and others are only adding more reasons for it not to happen.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:14 AM   #6
andoshow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
probably a whole new stadium... but with time constraints i reckon they will settle for the MGM and just rack up the ticket prices

Why not somewhere big like Dodgers Stadium in LA? Not far from Vegas, they can get 50,000 bums on seats and tickets wont be insanely expensive because of the sheer amount they can sell.... if its at the MGM you can guarantee ring side seats with be $10,000 minimum
What about that new stadium in Dallas with the roof ,im sure there was a fight held there a while back if my memorys right,at least if its held in a stadium it might give commoners a chance of seeing it....
andoshow is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #7
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict

Location: Irnbru "just cuts" woman - "geale wins on points - sd"
vCash: 397

the only conclusion i can draw from this is, **** arum that dawg cunt.
whopperdong is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 02:49 AM   #8
hammerofthor
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

dont matter cause it wont happen. Arum wont let his money man near floyd
hammerofthor is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 02:57 AM   #9
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I thought floyd was ducking manny??

And funny...." money mayweather " is the guy happy to fight on may 5 whilst manny and arum are up to lie/ excuse number 54, with the latest being manny "wanting to delay the fight to make more money". The irony.

I said two years ago, manny and arum were holding up this fight. jokers, the pair of them. Arum spews a ridiculous excuse by the hour now. His best one "i dont know who to call to make the fight". Serious, he used that as an excuse last week. Another beauty..."mannys cut wont heal before may 5". When floyd was sentenced to gaol, arum said manny would likely fight marquez on...may 5! Lol. And one more for good measure...arum said a temporary, purpose built outdoor stadium would hold 40,000 and generate an extra $20 million dollars. Umm....that means the average price of a ticket needs to be 2k. LOL.

They are a bumbling mess, and have been from day one. Maybe everyone can see it now. And dont let manny off the hook....he is hiding behind arum. Arum works for him, not the other way around. Manny needs to man up. this guy is a congressman and possibly a future president, but he cant tell his promoter to make the floyd fight. Weak.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 03:02 AM   #10
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict

Location: Irnbru "just cuts" woman - "geale wins on points - sd"
vCash: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
I thought floyd was ducking manny??

And funny...." money mayweather " is the guy happy to fight on may 5 whilst manny and arum are up to lie/ excuse number 54, with the latest being manny "wanting to delay the fight to make more money". The irony.

I said two years ago, manny and arum were holding up this fight. jokers, the pair of them. Arum spews a ridiculous excuse by the hour now. His best one "i dont know who to call to make the fight". Serious, he used that as an excuse last week. Another beauty..."mannys cut wont heal before may 5". When floyd was sentenced to gaol, arum said manny would likely fight marquez on...may 5! Lol. And one more for good measure...arum said a temporary, purpose built outdoor stadium would hold 40,000 and generate an extra $20 million dollars. Umm....that means the average price of a ticket needs to be 2k. LOL.

They are a bumbling mess, and have been from day one. Maybe everyone can see it now. And dont let manny off the hook....he is hiding behind arum. Arum works for him, not the other way around. Manny needs to man up. this guy is a congressman and possibly a future president, but he cant tell his promoter to make the floyd fight. Weak.
but manny has personally said (or so i believe) that he wants fight and his cut is fine to fight by may 5th. it seems like arum fukin shit up. i also heard that pac intends to retire after he fight money hence why arum is trynna delay/ avoid. the dog.
whopperdong is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 03:05 AM   #11
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

**** em' both, the fight has lost it's fizz since Pacman got bashed by JMM anyhow.

I'm waiting for Mandy VS Woods 3.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 03:08 AM   #12
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Floyd is the one who has always stumbled over his words when asked about fighting Manny.

Then you've got Unca Roger's mad blatherings regarding A-Side meth.

In the past the Mayweather's have as much as admitted they didn't want the fight.

But, to be frank, Manny has not looked as freakishly destructive recently and that's probably swayed the positions of both camps.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 03:17 AM   #13
andoshow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Floyd is the one who has always stumbled over his words when asked about fighting Manny.

In the past the Mayweather's have as much as admitted they didn't want the fight.

But, to be frank, Manny has not looked as freakishly destructive recently and that's probably swayed the positions of both camps.
It seems from the sidelines in the average joe's eyes everyone is 50/50% in which side they believe in there storys/excuses....
andoshow is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 03:31 AM   #14
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopperdong View Post
but manny has personally said (or so i believe) that he wants fight and his cut is fine to fight by may 5th. it seems like arum fukin shit up. i also heard that pac intends to retire after he fight money hence why arum is trynna delay/ avoid. the dog.
Not exactly....manny said he wants to fight floyd, his cut is fine "but arum chooses my fights". He is still hiding behind him. And to make it worse, apparently he has said he wants cotto - at 147!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:31 AM   #15
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum