boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Arum: Mayweather Still Plan A; Team Floyd Lying About Fight Must Be May 5

Over at The Scene.

Highlights:

* Mayweather is still Plan A (The Sports Illustrated guy obviously got something wrong here, then)

* Arum says the judge did not require that Mayweather fights on May 5th, 2012

In another article on the same site, it says that Team Floyd is NOT looking at Sergio for May 5, 2012. Not sure if this was another botched comment by Team Floyd (as was the Ellerbe/Floyd contradiction on fighting Sergio at a catchweight), who may have not realized Sergio is fighting Macklin on March 17, or if there were just second thoughts. Or something else.

Hopefully, with Arum clarifying matters, Team Floyd will consider moving off the May 5, 2012 date in order to make the superfight happen.

Unless, that is, they want to risk being seen as ducking Pacquiao (again?) by the public.
paulfv is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Arum: Mayweather Still Plan A; Team Floyd Lying About Fight Must Be May 5

moving the fight 14 or 21 days to make the fight is fine as long as to make the fight. or floyd could have planned fighting canelo all along that's why he can't move the may 5th date.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
james!
CounterPuncher
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 519
Default Re: Arum: Mayweather Still Plan A; Team Floyd Lying About Fight Must Be May 5

fights already made, there is no pac-floyd.
james! is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

vCash: 3111

the only reason to move the fight is to build a stadium...no reason to build a stadium
timmyjames is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #5
Anima
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 882

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
Over at The Scene.

Highlights:

* Mayweather is still Plan A (The Sports Illustrated guy obviously got something wrong here, then)

* Arum says the judge did not require that Mayweather fights on May 5th, 2012

In another article on the same site, it says that Team Floyd is NOT looking at Sergio for May 5, 2012. Not sure if this was another botched comment by Team Floyd (as was the Ellerbe/Floyd contradiction on fighting Sergio at a catchweight), who may have not realized Sergio is fighting Macklin on March 17, or if there were just second thoughts. Or something else.

Hopefully, with Arum clarifying matters, Team Floyd will consider moving off the May 5, 2012 date in order to make the superfight happen.

Unless, that is, they want to risk being seen as ducking Pacquiao (again?) by the public.
Paradox, my friend.
Anima is online now  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post

moving the fight 14 or 21 days to make the fight is fine as long as to make the fight. or floyd could have planned fighting canelo all along that's why he can't move the may 5th date.
Yep. So why possibly lie about what the judge may or may not have said? You know the truth will come out.

But: I'm starting to think that Mayweather's dance partner on May 5, 2012 could be Amir Khan or Lamont Peterson.

When the Khan-Peterson appeals process is worked out, and it should be soon, then I think we will know shortly thereafter who Mayweather is going to fight next. And it ain't gonna be Pac, in my opinion.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #7
Symphenyceo
Champion
East Side Guru

Arum is clearly lying
Symphenyceo is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #8
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Yep. So why possibly lie about what the judge may or may not have said? You know the truth will come out.

But: I'm starting to think that Mayweather's dance partner on May 5, 2012 could be Amir Khan or Lamont Peterson.

When the Khan-Peterson appeals process is worked out, and it should be soon, then I think we will know shortly thereafter who Mayweather is going to fight next. And it ain't gonna be Pac, in my opinion.
soon they would have to announce this hidden partner for floyd as set-up by GBP since they have to abide by their promise tot he judge. i still think its canelo but wouldn't be surprised with any other GBP or haymon affiliated fighters.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #9
Symphenyceo
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

You really think they'd simply get away with lying on a judge?

From what I understand Floyd's attorney said the samething about not being able to move the date. I doubt they'd lie on a judge.
Symphenyceo is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #10
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Floyd was never even a plan Z for Pac's next fight.

Maybe, hopefully, someday. But really not sure, and after all these antics lately, don't care as much.
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #11
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

vCash: 3111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphenyceo View Post

From what I understand Floyd's attorney said the samething about not being able to move the date. I doubt they'd lie on a judge.
there was a silly rumor paulfv was a TR employee or press agent, but all his super spin filled threads make the rumor less silly...time for my tinfoil hat
timmyjames is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #12
tolindoy
UBESTRIDTE MESTER
ESB Addict

vCash: 2217

moving the fight last week of May could be beneficial to floyd, because after pac knock him the **** out and sends floyd to the hospital, he has a legit reason for a hospital arrest or better yet, the judge will pity him and forget the sentence...
tolindoy is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #13
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolindoy View Post
moving the fight last week of May could be beneficial to floyd, because after pac knock him the **** out and sends floyd to the hospital, he has a legit reason for a hospital arrest or better yet, the judge will pity him and forget the sentence...
Yeah.

Lol??

Not sure how to respond to that one
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphenyceo View Post

I sure hope not.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #15
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolindoy View Post
it's actually a win-win solution. we had the fight and floyd could have a legit reason to ask the judge for an extension of his jail deferment. 2 or 3 weeks is not a big deal when floyd takes vacations for a whole 15 months.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum