Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Which Fight Would You Rather See On May 5, 2012?
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs Amir Khan 10 47.62%
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs Lamont Peterson 2 9.52%
I'm Not Interested In Either Of These Fights For May 5, 2012 9 42.86%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Fight You Would Rather See On May 5, 2012: Mayweather-Khan Or Mayweather-Peterson?

Simple question for the thread, with three possible answers in the poll.

Which fight would you rather see on May 5, 2012: Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs Amir Khan, or Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs Lamont Peterson?

Fill out the poll above and leave your thoughts below.

Last edited by paulfv; 01-19-2012 at 11:00 AM.
paulfv is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Fight You Would Rather See On May 5, 2012: Mayweather-Khan Or Mayweather-Peterson

Another follow-up question that could be added here:

If Floyd Mayweather, Jr. fights Amir Khan on May 5, 2012, would you feel like that was similar to when Mayweather fought Zab Judah, with Judah just coming off of a loss to Carlos Baldomir?

That is, with Lamont Peterson having just beaten Amir Khan, do you think that this diminishes Khan's present viability as a possible Mayweather opponent for May 5, 2012?

Last edited by paulfv; 01-19-2012 at 11:01 AM.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
smoothy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Fight You Would Rather See On May 5, 2012: Mayweather-Khan Or Mayweather-Peterson

Can the mods please ban this mother****er so he stops making threads. Both of those fights are better than duckiao vs cottoe at 147.
smoothy is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
Simple question for the thread, with three possible answers in the poll.

Which fight would you rather see on May 5, 2012: Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs Amir Khan, or Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs Lamont Peterson?

Fill out the poll above and leave your thoughts below.

He already said he wanted martinez at 150....I keep refreshing this site, and still no one made a thread about it..."If Sergio Martinez can make 150, let’s make the fight happen. Like I said, there are no excuses," said Mayweather. "I’m a little different than other guys. He’s got a very, very impressive style. But like I said before, my main focus is a Manny Pacquiao fight."..This the fight I wanna see...forget manny, cotto, canelo and everyone else...make it happen
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmurkaveli View Post

He already said he wanted martinez at 150....I keep refreshing this site, and still no one made a thread about it..."If Sergio Martinez can make 150, letís make the fight happen. Like I said, there are no excuses," said Mayweather. "Iím a little different than other guys. Heís got a very, very impressive style. But like I said before, my main focus is a Manny Pacquiao fight."..This the fight I wanna see...forget manny, cotto, canelo and everyone else...make it happen
Article on The Scene today says that Team Mayweather is not interested in Sergio Martinez for May 5, 2012. So, that fight appears off. Meaning, there are only a few people left...and I don't think Pac is realistically one of them.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Article on The Scene today says that Team Mayweather is not interested in Sergio Martinez for May 5, 2012. So, that fight appears off. Meaning, there are only a few people left...and I don't think Pac is realistically one of them.
nope...it said "further down the line"...and it also said pac is the "main focus"..but "anything can happen"...he also broke down that he dont wanna fight cotto cuz he's a leftover, canelo is too young, basically sergio is the only guy that he can see himself fighting...I'm prayin for it...Floyd just dont know that, THAT fight is better than the pac fight...forget Pac in general the guy wants no problems with Floyd so lets move on
Old 01-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

nope...it said "further down the line"...and it also said pac is the "main focus"..but "anything can happen"...he also broke down that he dont wanna fight cotto cuz he's a leftover, canelo is too young, basically sergio is the only guy that he can see himself fighting...I'm prayin for it...Floyd just dont know that, THAT fight is better than the pac fight...forget Pac in general the guy wants no problems with Floyd so lets move on
I read something where the writer said he had been informed by someone from Team Floyd that they were NOT looking at Sergio for May 5, 2012. Maybe I read it wrong, but I don't think so.

Hey, we'll find out soon.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
floyd_g.o.a.t
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
Can the mods please ban this mother****er so he stops making threads. Both of those fights are better than duckiao vs cottoe at 147.
floyd_g.o.a.t is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Stop crying, and keep working off your talking points.

I told you, I like the Money Team. Don't make them all seem like whiners.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #10
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I read something where the writer said he had been informed by someone from Team Floyd that they were NOT looking at Sergio for May 5, 2012. Maybe I read it wrong, but I don't think so.

Hey, we'll find out soon.
nope...it said they are NOT because Manny is their first priority...I read the article a few times
Old 01-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

nope...it said they are NOT because Manny is their first priority...I read the article a few times
I got you. Interesting.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #12
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Both of those fights are better than duckiao vs cottoe at 147.
By the way, I chose "Mayweather vs Peterson."

Peterson beat Khan. If you're going to fight one of those two, I think, fight "Baldomir" first this time, then fight "Judah" second.
paulfv is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum