Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 02-26-2012, 04:43 AM   #1
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

vCash: 3457
Default [Only Euro] Your views on Povietkin vs Huck

First of all, this thread is only for posters from Europe. No guys from general boxing forum. If they'll post here some offensive sh*t, or do their regular trolling I swear, I'll report that to mods so many times, that they'd have to do something

So...

I think Povietkin disappointed us. As he does all the time. Maybe he has a potential, but I don't think he will ever live up to it. He's probably past his prime right now.

Still, he was clearly better. I just rewatched this fight and, although, Huck made an good visual impression, Sasha was the one who landed more often.

If you count out all of those punches to the back of the head thrown by Huck and those thrown after stop command, then you'll see what I mean. And judges don't count those shots either.

I don't think Sasha was seriously hurt during that fight. Of course, after all those dirty shots it was easier for Huck to rock him. But what also did job there was Povietkins conditioning, which was terrible. Alex was so tired during that fight that he couldn't execute his game plan.

He didn't probably do that because of one more thing. We could clearly see that Huck's fauls irritated Povietkin. He got emotional and turned this fight into a brawl instead od outboxin his opponent, what he did perfectly in first 4 rounds.

But, as I don't like Huck as a fighter, I have to give him props for leaving 100% in the ring. I was surprised that he could hang out in there with Povietkin and bother him a lot. Still he needs to quit fauling. In his every single fight he does something that makes you wonder 'Where the hell is judge?"

Your opinnions?
Zmora is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
badr_hari
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 748
Default Re: [Only Euro] Your views on Povietkin vs Huck

A Povetkin fan here. I don't think Huck became a great fighter over night. In my opinion he lost to Lebedev CLEAN and i had a draw in his fight with Ran Nakash. He was the same dirty brawler trying to finish the fight with a flurry. And Povetkin did nothing but just allow him to do exactly that. Povetkin seemed to have no strategy in this fight, his defense and conditioning were terrible. I am afraid to say it, but i think he is DONE.
badr_hari is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1877

So if I post on this thread, you'll report me many times?
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
Alcaldemb
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by badr_hari View Post
A Povetkin fan here. I don't think Huck became a great fighter over night. In my opinion he lost to Lebedev CLEAN and i had a draw in his fight with Ran Nakash. He was the same dirty brawler trying to finish the fight with a flurry. And Povetkin did nothing but just allow him to do exactly that. Povetkin seemed to have no strategy in this fight, his defense and conditioning were terrible. I am afraid to say it, but i think he is DONE.
I agree. Huck was as crude as ever, but Povetkin had no answer for his aggression and physicality. The fact that Povetkin is a larger and more technically sound version of Lebedev and Nakash, but was unable to do as well versus Huck says a lot about where he is at this point.

I am excited to see Huck fight again at heavy. As for Povetkin, he should cash out versus Wladimir.
Alcaldemb is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

As if people in here are so much better. Stating their opnions as facts, not knowing the differences between close fights and robberys and so on. But they behave better that's true.

Anyway, I had Huck up 115-113. Can see the arguments for Povetkin though. Close fight. A draw would have been the fairest decision. You critizise Huck for rabbit punches? Well, what choice did he have? Povetkin constantly lead down when Huck was throwing. And very often below the beltline which is illegal btw. and thus provoking those rabbit punches. His own fault IMO.

Anyway, Huyk should move down again, he's too small. IMO Sauerland and Wegener only allowed this fight to teach Huck a lesson. He wanted to move up, they didn´t want him too. He is still young enough to learn and have some impact and Povetkin wasn't a fighter you expect to destroy another fighter. I guess, Huck surprised them and it will be hard to convince him to move down again. So, he will fight a few (fringe) contenders , probably win a few times but also will lose a few times. I don't see him having much success at hw, at cw on the other hand he could be a long-time beltholder or even end up unifying - granted this is rather unlikely.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

vCash: 642

I havent seen the fight but Povetkin always had stamina and conditioning problems...His team need to hire a good coach so he can straighten this boy out...But i think its too late. He will never be a champ(his belt is worthless...) even when Vitali retires. He def has no chance vs Wlad. I also been saying that Adamek would beat him as well, even before this fight. Povetkin just simply lacks motivation and he shouldn't be weighing that much...Povetkin is smaller than Adamek and weighs more...so there should be no excuse.

Good amateur, poor pro. I think if he gives Chambers a rematch he would even lose, Chisora would also beat him imo...Helenius, Boytsov, Arreola, Wach also would favor over him. Just my opinion.....

ps:

also he shouldn't underestimate Rahman...Even tho Rahman is shot to shit and slower than ketchup, he still has power and this is the HW division, 1 punch can change a whole fight. If Rahman lands a miracle like vs. Lewis against a huffing and puffing Povetkin, he ain't gonna be getting up.... I seen the post fight pictures and Povetkin looked like he just went 20 rounds opposed to 12...
Honor is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
yobomamma
Journeyman

vCash: 108

Herr Huck won that fight!
He won 2 rounds more than lazy ass Povetkin.
yobomamma is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #8
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 277

Great fight, no robbery. A bit disappointing of a performance from Povetkin, was really all over the place, no composure whatsoever. What worries me the most about Povetkin is that he seems to be losing interest in boxing overall, I don't think we will see for much longer to be honest. Huck, I dunno it's the usual Huck there was nothing outsanding about him in that performance imo.
Cafe is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2012, 01:10 AM   #9
THE.PR1NCE

vCash: 500

Definitely was not a robbery, Povetkin did just enough to edge it but an argument could probably be made either way. Huck had flurries of wild aggression but many of his shots failed to land clean, often because Sasha was bent over below the belt line. Povetkin is an Olympic champion and by the some distance the more technically sound of the two fighters. The fact that he had this much trouble with someone as crude as Huck says it all about how his career has gone in the past several years. It's unfortunate that his promoters seem unwilling to match him up against a higher class of HW, since he seems to lack the proper motivation to get himself up for this type of fight.
THE.PR1NCE is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2012, 06:11 AM   #10
Foreman Hook
☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 600

Huck 115-113 IMO.

If there was a Round 13 like in teh good old days - Huck would of KO'd Povetkin.

Give us Huck VS Povetkin 2, Or Huck VS Gsora And/or Seth Mitchell.
Foreman Hook is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #11
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

I did not see the fight yet, but I read Povetkin had his hands full. Perhaps Huck is better than we thought, and Povetkin had an off night. I have said it many times before, Povetkin is much better of in the low 220's.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #12
Foreman Hook
☆☆☆ G$ora ☆☆☆
ESB Addict

vCash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
I did not see the fight yet, but I read Povetkin had his hands full. Perhaps Huck is better than we thought, and Povetkin had an off night. I have said it many times before, Povetkin is much better of in the low 220's.
Povetkin should be 215lbs MAX.

He carries a lot of lard at 229.
Foreman Hook is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #13
funkykoval
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I saw something between 116-112 and 115-113 in favor of Povetkin
funkykoval is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #14
Fanatka

vCash: 500

Русский витязь рулит!
Fanatka is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #15
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreman Hook View Post
Povetkin should be 215lbs MAX.

He carries a lot of lard at 229.
Yep, although he's always been a bit pudgy, never seems to get in proper shape.
Cafe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum