Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 01-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Clearing Up The 50-50 Split Controversy & Floyd's Email

Ok, I wanted to make a separate thread on this to get a couple of apparent facts out on this matter in the wake of what seems to be the latest attempt by Team Mayweather and/or Fight Hype to try to spin the seeming drastic shift in public perception that appears to have turned against Team Mayweather after it was revealed that Floyd Mayweather, Jr. apparently emailed ESPN saying he would not agree to a 50-50 split, and thus, in all likelihood, has killed any chance that the Pac-Mayweather fight will happen in May or June 2012.

- Pacquiao apparently says to a journalist something to the effect that he (Pac) will take less than a 50-50 split around December 17, 2011.

- Pac on January 12: “There’s no problem with me as long as it’s a 50-50 split.” So, Pacquiao has made it clear that whatever may have been said to the journalist is not where he stands on the purse split matter.

- Then this:

TEAM MAYWEATHER DEBUNKS ARUM'S EXCUSES; REITERATE NO ISSUES AND READY TO GO ON MAY 5
By Ben Thompson | January 19, 2012

That was a week after Team Pac's statement saying that they were set on 50-50.

No issues from Team Mayweather on January 19. Pac made the statement on January 12, 2012, I think.

Also, when Mayweather's assistant David Levi said this:

"not true. More Bob Arum lies"

...regarding Mayweather's apparent email to ESPN saying 50-50 split can't happen, I guess that was a lie too, right?

Pathetic. But you have to work with what you have. And in this case, Team Floyd has nothing.

Last edited by paulfv; 01-21-2012 at 10:59 PM.
paulfv is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2012, 10:51 PM   #2
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Clearing Up The 50-50 Split Controversy & Floyd's Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
Ok, I wanted to make a separate thread on this to get a couple of apparent facts out on this matter in the wake of what seems to be the latest attempt by Team Floyd and/or Fight Hype to try to spin the drastic public perception that appears to have turned against Team Floyd after it was revealed that Floyd Mayweather, Jr. apparently emailed ESPN saying he would not agree to a 50-50 split, and thus, in all likelihood, has killed any chance that the Pac-Mayweather fight will happen in May or June 2012.

TEAM MAYWEATHER DEBUNKS ARUM'S EXCUSES; REITERATE NO ISSUES AND READY TO GO ON MAY 5

No issues from Team Mayweather on January 19. Pac made the statement on January 12, 2012, I think.

Pac on January 12: “There’s no problem with me as long as it’s a 50-50 split.”

...regarding Mayweather's email to ESPN saying 50-50 split can't happen, I guess that was a lie too, right?

Pathetic. But you have to work with what you have. And in this case, Team Floyd has nothing.
Pacquiao doesn't deserve a 59-50 split mother****er. Floyd doesn't deserve 60-40 either you Pacquiao scrotum slurping faggot. Their total ppvs do mean something when negotiating you shit eating, bird brained, nondescript dick head.
Whipdatass is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2012, 10:54 PM   #3
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipdatass View Post

Pacquiao doesn't deserve a 59-50 split mother****er. Floyd doesn't deserve 60-40 either you Pacquiao scrotum slurping faggot. Their total ppvs do mean something when negotiating you shit eating, bird brained, nondescript dick head.
It doesn't matter.

I cannot believe you guys blew this. Seriously. You better NEVER, EVER let Floyd write an email before it goes through Ellerbe/Haymon or whomever in the future.

You guys had this locked up. 100%. No one to blame here but yourselves.

I've said this before and will say it again:

I like Mayeather, Haymon, 50 and the Money Team. The operation has come a long way.

But if you guys want to be where you want to get, you gotta stop this type of thing.

You GAVE Arum a victory when he was 99% on his way to a loss.

paulfv is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
Anima
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 882

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipdatass View Post
Why doesn't Pac deserve 50-50? Remember back then? when purse split isn't an issue?
Take the test and we have a fight?
May 5 MGM grand step up punk?
And after all that requests... He can't even give a fair split. Right down the ****ing middle.

Given that he already received the bidding money from MGM for the venue.
Why can't he give it?
Anima is offline  Top
Old 01-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
paulfv
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post

Why doesn't Pac deserve 50-50? Remember back then? when purse split isn't an issue?
Take the test and we have a fight?
May 5 MGM grand step up punk?
And after all that requests... He can't even give a fair split. Right down the ****ing middle.

Given that he already received the bidding money from MGM for the venue.
Why can't he give it?
Let me explain, from my opinion, what is going on here now. And what I think WhipDatAss may be participating in:

Team Mayweather seems to be in Damage Control Mode now. They didn't appear to execute this last series of public relations moves cleanly. The culprit appears to be Floyd himself (the email), and ESPN isn't backing off that it came from Floyd.

So, you have to do something. Arum's about to announce the Cotto II fight, it seems, and that means Team Mayweather and any friendly media outlets (like, possibly,
Fight Hype) have to move on this right now or else Arum will bury them completely. Time is of the essence.

It's not a fun situation to be in. So, you have to work with what you have.

What they seem to have is "hey, Pac said he would go under 50-50."

The problem is, that statement was clarified or amended shortly thereafter by Pac.

You work with what you have in this game, the PR game, even when you don't have anything, or little. If I were WhipDatAss, I would be upset, too. One of the worst things that can happen to you in this game is when you have to cover for someone else's mistake, especially when that person is above you and you have done your own job well.

Again, this is just my opinion on what I'm seeing. I could be totally wrong in what I have just said here as regards the present situation.
paulfv is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfv View Post
Ok, I wanted to make a separate thread on this to get a couple of apparent facts out on this matter in the wake of what seems to be the latest attempt by Team Mayweather and/or Fight Hype to try to spin the seeming drastic shift in public perception that appears to have turned against Team Mayweather after it was revealed that Floyd Mayweather, Jr. apparently emailed ESPN saying he would not agree to a 50-50 split, and thus, in all likelihood, has killed any chance that the Pac-Mayweather fight will happen in May or June 2012.

- Pacquiao apparently says to a journalist something to the effect that he (Pac) will take less than a 50-50 split around December 17, 2011.

- Pac on January 12: “There’s no problem with me as long as it’s a 50-50 split.” So, Pacquiao has made it clear that whatever may have been said to the journalist is not where he stands on the purse split matter.

- Then this:

...regarding Mayweather's apparent email to ESPN saying 50-50 split can't happen, I guess that was a lie too, right?

who is this David Levi and why did he said that floyd claiming 50/50 can't happen is a lie?

and there is no controversy with 50/50. it's very fair for a fight of this magnitude and both teams have accpeted it as early as late of 2009.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2012, 10:48 PM   #7
buster007
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

who gives a ****?

u idiots ain't gunna get a cent, so why the **** would u care so much who gets what?

pathetic imo.
buster007 is online now  Top
Old 03-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #8
Cotto(e)
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 637

Floyd duckin'. Don't get no simpler.
Cotto(e) is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #9
Anima
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I don't get it, 50-50 was ok back then. Why isn't it ok now? And as If Pac's purses have changed by then. Its still the same.
Anima is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #10
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
I don't get it, 50-50 was ok back then. Why isn't it ok now? And as If Pac's purses have changed by then. Its still the same.
floyd said so and his sheep of fans had no choice but to follow him.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #11
Anima
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
floyd said so and his sheep of fans had no choice but to follow him.
And bringing up past purses, as if it changed overnight. Its still the same as back then when 50-50 was ok.
Anima is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #12
DJAdAmS
Ex-Army Middleweight
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1142

Not interested anymore! They either put it on or they don't. Boxing is suffering because of it and the people who ever they may be should be ashamed. Hopefully upcoming boxers will see this and learn from it!
DJAdAmS is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #13
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
And bringing up past purses, as if it changed overnight. Its still the same as back then when 50-50 was ok.
No actually, Pac's PPV #'s have improved since the first round of negoation. His last 3 PPV's total more revenue then Floyd's last 3.

So Floyd has very little justification for demanding more then 50%. 55/45 at best. But even then he should know that it's a fight killer.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 03-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #14
Nay_Sayer
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
No actually, Pac's PPV #'s have improved since the first round of negoation. His last 3 PPV's total more revenue then Floyd's last 3.
Have the official #s been released for Pacquiao's last three PPVs?
Nay_Sayer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum