floyd should not take the fight if it's not a 50/50 15 6.73%
floyd should take the 50/50 split and fight 208 93.27%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #31
Jaguar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2108
Default Re: should floyd not take the fight with pacquiao if he won't get more than 50% split

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
pacquiao said 50/50 and it's on but floyd insist that pac can't have 50/50.

thoughts?
Floyd has done more to make this fight than Pacquiao ever has, and though I admit that the 50/50 renege is pathetic and stupid, ANYONE with a brain could see that Floyd was pursuing the fight and Manny was/is ducking. It was clear to the press, to the fans, and everyone but Pactards. Before this 50/50 thing Manny and Arum were making all kinds of excuses. I admit the 50/50 thing is bogus and it pisses me off. Why can't you be objective?

Manny is bitching about the date (a date they had already discussed and agreed to for a 4th fight with Marquez). They're talking about building a stadium and a ridiculous cut that takes 7 months to heal. I hate this 50/50 move that Floyd made, but let's be real here. If Floyd had never said the 50/50 thing (which is a direct result of *****ao making a statement that he would take a lesser purse) we'd still be talking about building stadiums. It is a nice Pactard smokescreen though. Mayweather had the fans and the leverage and he goes and ****s it up.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Jaguar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #32
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: should floyd not take the fight with pacquiao if he won't get more than 50% split

Pac said he would take less than 50% to make the fight "for the fans". Now he won't?

50% isn't even the issue. Team Pacfraud has issued over 30 DOCUMENTED excuses why they would not be making the May 5th date anyway. This 50% BS is just Pac's latest CYA attempt.

This was, is, and will be all about Pac ducking Mayweather using any and all excuses in the book.
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #33
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Floyd has done more to make this fight than Pacquiao ever has, and though I admit that the 50/50 renege is pathetic and stupid, ANYONE with a brain could see that Floyd was pursuing the fight and Manny was/is ducking. It was clear to the press, to the fans, and everyone but Pactards. Before this 50/50 thing Manny and Arum were making all kinds of excuses. I admit the 50/50 thing is bogus and it pisses me off. Why can't you be objective?
so you think it would be floyd's fault if he won't budge on the 50/50 split or is it still pac's fault?

Last edited by puga_ni_nana; 01-22-2012 at 05:23 PM.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 05:21 PM   #34
Jordan_Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 8070

Personally I would say yes just to get the ****ing fight on!

but from a business stance id have to agree with the above of 50/50 or 60/40 for the winner (although this opens up room for controversy on the scorecards) I wouldnt put it past Arum to rob Moneys 0 just to piss him off.

Mayweather Pacquiao is like an eletric circuit with a rubber buffer. take out arum and your get power. Mayweather is being a bit of a cunt as far as the pay cheque goes but Pac said before he would take a lower purse just to get the fight on and now he wont. If i was mayweather i would have agreed just because of the fan base Pac brings with an entire ****ing nation of Pactards ( i use that term losely as most filipinos would watch the fight)

but im done with it now, if its not made by the end of the year im saying **** the fight. both of them would be past their prime from sore asses (mayweather in jail and Arums hand up pacs backside)
Jordan_Davies is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #35
ecdrm15
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
I`ll vote any option that means getting these 2 drama queens in the ring together.

If this fight falls thru because of this 50/50 bullshit, especially with all the money they`ll be making, then its purely because neither fighter wants the fight enough.... which to me is so sad & pathetic I can`t even put it into words properly.
ecdrm15 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #36
Jaguar
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2108

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
so you think it would be floyd's fault if he won't budge on the 50/50 split or is it still pac's fault?
It's both their faults. Here's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post
Pac said he would take less than 50% to make the fight "for the fans". Now he won't?

50% isn't even the issue. Team Pacfraud has issued over 30 DOCUMENTED excuses why they would not be making the May 5th date anyway. This 50% BS is just Pac's latest CYA attempt.

This was, is, and will be all about Pac ducking Mayweather using any and all excuses in the book.
Jaguar is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #37
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Yes.

Say it only equals Floyd-Hoya's PPV numbers of 2.5 million.

At $60 a PPV, that equals $150 million in PPV revenue only.

Now I'm not sure what HBO's percentage of that revenue is, but that's AT LEAST 50 million to each fighter.

If it does over Floyd-Hoya and gets, say, to 3 million PPV buys, that's $180 million in PPV revenue.

And the fighters will get paid more then just the PPV revenue.

So yes, fair is fair.

BUT

If Manny was ready to fight on May 5 at the MGM Grand with the testing rules in place, why not just agree to it in the first place.

Then this issue of purse split could have occurred a few weeks ago and have been sorted out by now.

By putting all those roadblocks (which were excuses, lets be honest) in place for so many weeks, it's going to potentially prevent this fight from happening.
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #38
Ak47
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

From demanding TAKE THE TEST to now TAKE LESS

lol Flomos gonna put that on a t-shirt next?
Ak47 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #39
Ak47
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald_head_slick View Post

OSDT was the only roadblock, they agreed to it.

Your boy Floyd changed his mind after Manny agreed to take the tests. It wasnt because of what Pac said in a passing remark last month.

it just wasnt known until now.
Ak47 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #40
canucks9314
Iron Chinned ATG Warrior
East Side Guru

vCash: 2146

I think he should try to get more seeing as how Pacquiao offered but if comes down to it he should accept 50-50.
canucks9314 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #41
Ak47
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks9314 View Post
I think he should try to get more seeing as how Pacquiao offered but if comes down to it he should accept 50-50.

why a Floyd fan would defend Floyd asking more than 50-50 is beyond me

even Manny's own fans wanted him to take the damn tests already.
Ak47 is offline  Top
Old 01-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #42
canucks9314
Iron Chinned ATG Warrior
East Side Guru

vCash: 2146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak47 View Post

why a Floyd fan would defend Floyd asking more than 50-50 is beyond me

even Manny's own fans wanted him to take the damn tests already.
I do want him to take 50-50, why does it matter to me how much money he makes? I'm just saying if i were him and my opponent said he would take less than 50-50 I would have to be a moron to start of by offering him 50-50, but if that issue is the breaking point of the fight then I would accept 50-50
canucks9314 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #43
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
It's both their faults. Here's why.
so pacquiao asking for 50% whhile floyd asking for more means it's both their fault? didn't floyd agreed to 50/50 back in late 2009 also?
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #44
jan_fan
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Manny is bitching about the date (a date they had already discussed and agreed to for a 4th fight with Marquez). They're talking about building a stadium and a ridiculous cut that takes 7 months to heal. I hate this 50/50 move that Floyd made, but let's be real here. If Floyd had never said the 50/50 thing (which is a direct result of *****ao making a statement that he would take a lesser purse) we'd still be talking about building stadiums. It is a nice Pactard smokescreen though. Mayweather had the fans and the leverage and he goes and ****s it up.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Are you here to give your take about the 50/50 split or are you just here to put up your hating points in this thread?
Do you realize you're not helping to make this fight happen?
jan_fan is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #45
Thomas!!

vCash:

If ever there was a fight in history that was to be 50/50, it is Pacquiao vs Mayweather.

Floyd is crazy to demand more.

This will look bad on him in the long run and will end with him being seen as the duck. He should take the 50/50, call Bob the Jew's bluff, and put the ball back in Arum's court. If he doesn't, he'll be the one looking like he had blatantly priced himself out of the fight.

There are 2 reasons why this fight aint been made. 1 Bob. 2 Floyd.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum