floyd should not take the fight if it's not a 50/50 15 6.73%
floyd should take the 50/50 split and fight 208 93.27%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #46
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1242
Default Re: should floyd not take the fight with pacquiao if he won't get more than 50% split

--The ultimatum game is a game often played in economic experiments in which two players interact to decide how to divide a sum of money that is given to them. The first player proposes how to divide the sum between the two players, and the second player can either accept or reject this proposal. If the second player rejects, neither player receives anything. If the second player accepts, the money is split according to the proposal. The game is played only once so that reciprocation is not an issue.--
Overhill is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #47
acr347
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: should floyd not take the fight with pacquiao if he won't get more than 50% split

Arum was winning the dipshit holding up the fight, but, Floyd's last move of more than 50/50 has him climbing the approval rankings for dipshit move to hold up this fight.

At this point blame lies on Arum and then Floyd.
acr347 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #48
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr347 View Post
Arum was winning the dipshit holding up the fight, but, Floyd's last move of more than 50/50 has him climbing the approval rankings for dipshit move to hold up this fight.

At this point blame lies on Arum and then Floyd.
Yeah, I agree in a way. But Arum and Pac are one and the same, so its really still on team Pac (who, let's face it, agreed to take a smaller purse).

But put that aside.

Arum (and therefore Pac) are still not agreeing on the date and venue (despite what some "reports" are saying).

So the May and MGM has not been agreed.

If you ask me, even if everything was agreed in terms of date, venue and purse split, I'd bet everything I own that the testing issue would come back and stop the fight from happening.

Arum will only let Pac fight Floyd when he knows its his last fight, i.e. to cash him out.

Bottom line. No ifs, buts or maybes about it.
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #49
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

so far, 77 thinks floyd should accept pac's proposal of 50% while 5 thinks floyd should not take the fight if he won't get more.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #50
tarugojones
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Floydie will not take 50-50, because there's only one 50 for him.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

50 : " Floydie's asshole is this big "

Floydie : " 50's dick is this long "
tarugojones is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #51
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Boxing View Post
Yes.

Say it only equals Floyd-Hoya's PPV numbers of 2.5 million.

At $60 a PPV, that equals $150 million in PPV revenue only.

Now I'm not sure what HBO's percentage of that revenue is, but that's AT LEAST 50 million to each fighter.

If it does over Floyd-Hoya and gets, say, to 3 million PPV buys, that's $180 million in PPV revenue.

And the fighters will get paid more then just the PPV revenue.

So yes, fair is fair.

BUT

If Manny was ready to fight on May 5 at the MGM Grand with the testing rules in place, why not just agree to it in the first place.

Then this issue of purse split could have occurred a few weeks ago and have been sorted out by now.

By putting all those roadblocks (which were excuses, lets be honest) in place for so many weeks, it's going to potentially prevent this fight from happening.

yes? you mean it's ok for you that floyd won't take the fight if he won't get more than 50%?
Old 01-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #52
KO Boxing
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 950

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana View Post
yes? you mean it's ok for you that floyd won't take the fight if he won't get more than 50%?

The thread asks should Floyd take 50-50.

The first line of my post you quoted says "yes".

Please read before posting.

But Arum and Pac have stalled and stalled.

They haven't actually agreed on venue and date (despite what some reports say), but if they did, they should have done weeks ago.

Then the purse split issue would have been dealt with by now and the fight signed (except I have a feeling if everything is agreed, the testing will become an issue again, despite Pac saying he's agreed to it).

Stalling after stalling after stalling.
KO Boxing is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #53
caneman
100% AllNatural Xylocaine
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

In favor of Floyd ducking Pac:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
caneman is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 12:16 PM   #54
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Boxing View Post

The thread asks should Floyd take 50-50.

The first line of my post you quoted says "yes".

Please read before posting.

But Arum and Pac have stalled and stalled.

They haven't actually agreed on venue and date (despite what some reports say), but if they did, they should have done weeks ago.

Then the purse split issue would have been dealt with by now and the fight signed (except I have a feeling if everything is agreed, the testing will become an issue again, despite Pac saying he's agreed to it).

Stalling after stalling after stalling.
i am the TS and this is the question:

should floyd not take the fight with pacquiao if he won't get more than 50% split?

so i'm clearing your opinion and i'm sorry if you're confused with the question and i'm glad to see your opinion.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #55
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

I agree with PBF accepting 50/50 to make the fight, but clearly it's irrelavent per Arum saying it doesn't matter if Floyd agrees to 50/50 they still aren't fighting on May 5th, hence it doesn't matter if Floyd took 45%, Arum isn't making the fight, per his words.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #56
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by caneman View Post
In favor of Floyd ducking Pac:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
How is Floyd "ducking", when Arum just said this morning, it doesn't matter if he agree's to 50/50 they aren't fighting on May 5th, etc? I know you read it.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #57
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak47 View Post

why a Floyd fan would defend Floyd asking more than 50-50 is beyond me

even Manny's own fans wanted him to take the damn tests already.
The guy didn't defend anything, he pointed out that he doesn't blame Floyd for going after it since MANNY OFFERED IT, not sure what part of that you missed?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #58
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

well most people are in favor with floyd taking the 50/50 split. i hope floyd realizes this and make the fight.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #59
Fighting Pride
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

5 people voted no. They'd rather see Floyd get paid more than to see the fight
Fighting Pride is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #60
Zombieguy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Yes he should. I don't see why he is (apparently) demanding more against a guy who is almost as big a draw. Not that it matters since BobTheBuilder still refuses to fight before June because he's building his mega stadium due for completion whenever Floyd goes to jail.
Zombieguy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum