View Poll Results: ?
floyd should not take the fight if it's not a 50/50 15 6.73%
floyd should take the 50/50 split and fight 208 93.27%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #61
meloy
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: should floyd not take the fight with pacquiao if he won't get more than 50% split

Why can't you just accept 50/50 Floyd? Why Floyd? WHY???????????
meloy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #62
Kid Presentable
Facial Blocking
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1681
Default Re: should floyd not take the fight with pacquiao if he won't get more than 50% split

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloy View Post

Some idiot said he'd take the smaller purse to get the fight done.
Kid Presentable is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #63
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
The guy didn't defend anything, he pointed out that he doesn't blame Floyd for going after it since MANNY OFFERED IT, not sure what part of that you missed?
You are right. And that's fine and fair for Floyd to do, as Pac DID say that. But Pac also said 50-50 more recentlty. They BOTH have the rights to change their mind. We ALL do that. But it's a shame Floyd would not accept the most logical parity here, when they've finally gotten together to talk.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #64
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by meloy View Post

Because that would make the fight a reality, and Floyd's roadblocks should indicate he's just posturing to the public to LOOK like he wants to fight.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:12 PM   #65
Kid Presentable
Facial Blocking
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
You are right. And that's fine and fair for Floyd to do, as Pac DID say that. But Pac also said 50-50 more recentlty. They BOTH have the rights to change their mind. We ALL do that. But it's a shame Floyd would not accept the most logical parity here, when they've finally gotten together to talk.
from a negiotiation standpoint Pac saying he'd take a cut to make the fight happen is just plain stupid. Floyd didn't make this shit up Manny said it. Why the **** did he even say it if he wasn't serious?

Looks like he was just bullshitting and doesn't really want the fight. He says he wants 50/50 now but is that to be believed? The guy is full of shit and can't blame Arum for this one.

For the record i think Floyd should take the 50/50. I do know that if it was Floyd in Mannys shoes he'd be getting crucified for this.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #66
Kid Presentable
Facial Blocking
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Because that would make the fight a reality, and Floyd's roadblocks should indicate he's just posturing to the public to LOOK like he wants to fight.

As a Pac fan bringing up roadblocks is beyond ironic. You really should consider counting the roadblocks Arum has put in place of this fight.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #67
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Wow! You are an idiot. Arum said as far back as November that Mayweather would not be next. They also had a million excuses as to why they don't want to fight him on May 5th and those excuses came before Floyd said no to 50/50. Now if you are at the conclusion that Floyd is just posturing then tell me what the hell you think Team Pac are doing?
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #68
twofear
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
from a negiotiation standpoint Pac saying he'd take a cut to make the fight happen is just plain stupid. Floyd didn't make this shit up Manny said it. Why the **** did he even say it if he wasn't serious?

Looks like he was just bullshitting and doesn't really want the fight. He says he wants 50/50 now but is that to be believed? The guy is full of shit and can't blame Arum for this one.

For the record i think Floyd should take the 50/50. I do know that if it was Floyd in Mannys shoes he'd be getting crucified for this.
pac also said in from of a camera that he is willing to be blood tested in between rounds just to make the fight, floyd should call him on that one too
twofear is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #69
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:

damn I haven't even thought of that. They been crapping on him
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #70
SirKillalot
Boxing-FAN
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

That was before Floyd on his own decided who was going out last, gloves, where to fight, what date and all other shit. Even before having an opponent to fight with.

Floyd doesn't seem to want the fight right now. Arum don't want the fight right now. The only guy who really seems to want the fight is Pacquiao and demands his fair deal from it.

This fight will happen in November on the outdoor-stadium somewhere. I don't see it happening now. Not anymore. Egos in the way.
SirKillalot is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #71
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
He might have been serious at the time. Did Floyd jump on him and call him RIGHT AFTER he said that? Nope. And I didn't say anyone made it up.

Quote:
give me a ****in break. Now asking for 50-50 sounds like he doesn't want it? If Pac wanted an out, all he had to do was price himself out illogically, like some 60-40, 70-30 shit that EVERYONE knows neither side would accept.

Quote:
As if Floyd would even say he'd take less. But if that WAS the case, and PAc rejected 50-50, I'd still have the same stance as I do now. Both guys are atop the boxing world, doing HUGE numbers. 50-50 is obvious.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #72
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
As a Pac fan bringing up roadblocks is beyond ironic. You really should consider counting the roadblocks Arum has put in place of this fight.
OSDT...Floyd
no 50-50 split....Floyd

Those are the biggest blocks made. The ones that have made the biggest stalls in this fight. Unless you want to count a vacation as well.

Aside from NOT agreeing to Floyd's every whim, what roadblocks are you talking about now? Let me guess, the little things like what Arum said? Arum the LIAR?!?
Old 01-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #73
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
OSDT...Floyd
no 50-50 split....Floyd

Those are the biggest blocks made. The ones that have made the biggest stalls in this fight. Unless you want to count a vacation as well.

Aside from NOT agreeing to Floyd's every whim, what roadblocks are you talking about now? Let me guess, the little things like what Arum said? Arum the LIAR?!?
If Floyd made a big fuss over the weight penalty, then that would have been considered a roadblock also. BUT it's not because he willingly agreed. If Pacquiao just agreed to the OSDT, then there'd be no roadblock.

50/50 split is fair though and should be worked out, but the date and venue is a bigger problem right now
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #74
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

Floyd should do the 50/50, IMO. If Arum rapes Pac for more money and Pac still makes less than Floyd, that's on Pac.

However, Arum has stated that a 50/50 deal wont get this fight done, so who cares. But if I was Floyd, I would bitch about the 50/50, but then make them drop the defamation suit as a condition, then agree to the 50/50 split.
compukiller is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #75
Kid Presentable
Facial Blocking
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofear View Post
pac also said in from of a camera that he is willing to be blood tested in between rounds just to make the fight, floyd should call him on that one too

So why did he pull out of negiotations the first time round refusing blood tests? lol you are simple.

**** me i can't believe some people on this site.

Why the **** did Roach and Pac say it wasn't a problem before the talks and then pull out of them during the talks.

idiocy has reached a new level.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum