Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 12-28-2007, 08:58 AM   #1
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611
Default That Punch !!!

Im one of the biggest believers in what Mundine can achieve in the sport if he wishes and I just want to discuss "That Punch" Mr Feather Fists landed on him.

To this day I still cant believe that punch put him to sleep

Have a look at it, it was a half baked......hell I dont even know what you would call it.

I have a theory that the punch was exacerbated by his poor boxing condition leading up to the event. A Similar KO is the punch that Glen Johnson landed on RJJ, that was another dubious looking soft punch. At least in that situation you could say that Roys head hit the canvas pretty hard. Roy also was blowing pretty hard in that fight leading up to the KO.

Both punches landed on high up on head in the temple region. I believe Mundine to have a chicken-neck-not-so-good-chin just like Roy does (I suspect PBF too ) but dont believe it is A Grade China

Set me straight

kind regards Teke
teke is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2007, 09:13 AM   #2
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345
Default Re: That Punch !!!

I've heard the theory in which Ottkes' gloves were loaded which another poster mentioned. Another previous KO victim Joe Gatti I think had accused Ottke of loaded gloves. If you watch the post fight interviews and such, Ottke never removes his gloves. It would explain a lot as Mundine has taken way bigger punchers since. He was also hurt in the 9th interestingly.

The other one is the same as yours. Mundine just wasn't up to scratch to fight a tough 12 rounder, and being his first world title fight in Germany nonetheless, it took a lot out of him, with nerves and also using way too much movement early in the fight. And he had serious stamina problems down the stretch.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Loaded Gloves similar to the Trinidad debacle

I could formulate somthing out of this...

An article interviewing Ottkes trainer around the time of the fight said that they did not know much about Mundine prior to signing the fight. His trainer said he panicked and got on the phone as soon as he saw how quick Mundine was. Maybe this panic led to some mischief when working out a plan to beat Mundine
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 09:42 AM   #4
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

Well the thing with Trinidad was about the way he wraps his hands. Loaded gloves seems to suggest they put something a little extra in their gloves.

Did some digging lol. ----> [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
A feather fisted non puncher sends a guy to hospital for 4 days, and Mundine get Knocked out cold for 10 minutes.

Ottke also never removes his gloves for the post fight interview, 20 mins after the fight.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 10:06 AM   #5
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

This is getting very interesting.

I am very curious about these allegations and wonder why I havnt heard of this earlier.
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 10:23 AM   #6
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Just think he hit Choc in the right spot and no one has landed there since. This 5hit just happens sometimes you know take Roy Jones he never had the best chin but he took bombs from some big punchers and was never dropped besides once in his career.

The comes Tarver 2 a good puncher but nowhere near the best he has faced and he just landed flush and really that was the end of Roy Jones Jr as we knew him.

as for Ottke bah would not suprise me the guy got gift wins all his career and never fought Calzaghe the guy was a joke of boxing and damn I am no Mundine fan but think everyone agrees if Choc got a rematch he would have whopped him badly.
waynesmale is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 12:27 PM   #7
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Just rewatched the fight and i may be a little bit harsh on Mundine. He copped a fairly good punch that really twisted his neck quickly.

Mundine gave a good effort that night, i would bet my house and cars on Mundine prime for prime.
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 02:51 PM   #8
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Mate Mundine just got KTFO.

He was doing well up to that point and I had him ahead by an ants ass.

He was puffing hard and got hit in the right place....thats it.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 05:02 PM   #9
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Mate it was a temple shot which the results are unpredictable.

Look at a guy like Troy Waters, he took massive shots all his career and had a chin of granite (especially the Norris fight) but Tito hit him not that hard in the temple in the 1st rd and he was completely gone.

Mundine was fatigued, had limited experience and was fighting in another country. I'm not convinced he's got a china chin by any means.
kel is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 06:01 PM   #10
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel
Mate it was a temple shot which the results are unpredictable.

Look at a guy like Troy Waters, he took massive shots all his career and had a chin of granite (especially the Norris fight) but Tito hit him not that hard in the temple in the 1st rd and he was completely gone.

Mundine was fatigued, had limited experience and was fighting in another country. I'm not convinced he's got a china chin by any means.
Yea I agree...even though Mundine was KTFO by Ottke he showed me that he can take some big shots against Kess and Green.

I look forward to Mundine testing his chin at the end of 2008.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 06:44 PM   #11
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Mundine was actually ahead on points.Imagine if the mouth could hang on and win a decision in GERMANY....

And a world title after only 10fights.

Shit we would of never heard the end of that 1..
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 08:39 PM   #12
CarltonBlues
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Temple shots bounce the brain that cause it to just shut up shop. Wouldn't surprise me about his gloves being loaded though.
CarltonBlues is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2007, 10:05 PM   #13
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Yeah he just got KTFO.

Im still interested in the loaded gloves theory though. Joe Calz would have utterly embarassed Ottke if they fought. Kessler would have KO'd him.
teke is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2007, 03:06 AM   #14
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

I think teke and VIP have been busy PM-ing each other before posting this thread

First time I've ever heard anything about Ottke having loaded gloves - what a load of crap You boys hoping to create an urban legend with this thread?

Mundine was too ****y, got tired, tagged in the right spot, and went down - end of story.

It truly was glorious to behold
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2007, 03:34 AM   #15
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley

I think teke and VIP have been busy PM-ing each other before posting this thread

First time I've ever heard anything about Ottke having loaded gloves - what a load of crap You boys hoping to create an urban legend with this thread?

Mundine was too ****y, got tired, tagged in the right spot, and went down - end of story.

It truly was glorious to behold
Im gonna just go pop the top off this bottle of Johnny and come back so we can discuss this topic that has just had a dark side unveiled

brb...
teke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum